KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Evil Dead Rise

Evil Dead Rise
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Evil Dead Rise

https://collider.com/evil-dead-4-br...-date-revealed/

https://www.cbr.com/bruce-campbell-evil-dead-rise-hero/

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie...urban-deadites/

"At the premiere event for Evil Dead (2013), Álvarez announced that a sequel is in development, though he did not intend to be involved with the project. At a WonderCon panel in March 2013, Campbell stated that plans at that time for future films in the franchise included, a sequel to Álvarez's film and a sequel to the original trilogy developed by Raimi, followed by a crossover film which would merge the narratives of Ash and Mia. Álvarez later suggested his involvement with the followup to his movie.

In March 2017, Raimi announced that he would write a fourth Evil Dead film with his brother with the official title of Army of Darkness 2. Campbell confirmed that he would reprise his role as Ash, while Raimi later additionally signed on to the project as director. In September 2017 during a panel at Fan Expo Canada, Campbell stated that he believed the only successful future for the franchise at that time, was through a premium cable network, providing the example of Ash vs. Evil Dead on Starz. By November of the same year, Campbell further expressed doubts in a sequel to the original trilogy.

In July 2019, Sam Raimi discussed the future of the Evil Dead franchise stating that he is "working on some ideas right now", while expressing hopes that Bruce Campbell would return for a continuation of "the original Evil Dead" story-line. He acknowledged continued potential for a sequel to the 2013 film, stating: "I think you may see some action on the Evil Dead movie in the next six months." By October 2019 Raimi announced at the New York Comic Con, that a new film is in development. Bruce Campbell will serve as a producer, and will not be the star of the film. In June 2020, Lee Cronin was chosen as a director with a script he wrote. Raimi personally chose the filmmaker to continue the franchise. The film will officially be titled, Evil Dead Rise. Filming will start in 2021."

Groovy. :Cool:

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 16th, 2021 04:09 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I just want them to finish off Ash vs Evil Dead properly after how they ended it.

Old Post May 16th, 2021 05:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I just want them to finish off Ash vs Evil Dead properly after how they ended it.

Agreed. I liked that a lot more than any of the movies, tbh.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 16th, 2021 05:34 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

That show was kinda fun, yeah.

Old Post May 16th, 2021 08:38 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hm.. how do you continue Evil Dead without Campbell, though? 🤔

I still have yet to see the third season of Ash v Evil Dead...

Old Post May 16th, 2021 11:09 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Army of Darkness was a good ending to Ash's story.

"I slept too long!!!"

The Evil Dead remake was good, but not epic.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 16th, 2021 12:54 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Agreed. I liked that a lot more than any of the movies, tbh.

I still like the movies, It was good with the 2nd season they acknowledged Army of Darkness

Originally posted by Impediment
Army of Darkness was a good ending to Ash's story.

"I slept too long!!!"

That was the alternate ending.

Last edited by Kazenji on May 17th, 2021 at 06:21 AM

Old Post May 17th, 2021 06:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hm.. how do you continue Evil Dead without Campbell, though? 🤔

I still have yet to see the third season of Ash v Evil Dead...

It's on Netflix, as are all three seasons.

The above links said it's possible for Ash to appear in this new film at least. The Evil Dead remake was honestly one of the least offensive remakes out there. It just lacked staying power and identity, but not a bad film in itself; it was gory, had the set pieces, but without the wacky dark comedy mixed in and such, it was another by the numbers horror film.

Old Post May 18th, 2021 12:09 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Trailer looks pretty good. But it's still so different from the Bruce Campbell / Raimi originals.

I'd prefer more Ash vs Evil Dead personally, but we get what we get.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2023 08:53 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Evil Dead Rise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwfK0OvBdfs
(Video not embed because it doesn't appear as such properly due to the age restriction unless you're signed in)

Yeah... Evil Dead worked best as a horror comedy, but this is just edgy. Such is the nature of modern reboots/remakes though.

There were some aspects of the ED remake I liked (which this film is just a continuation of), but when I can't remember it much at all compared to the originals, that's a problem. It's more of a withstanding the test of time thing than it is a nostalgia thing.

No Ash Williams also remains a hard sell for anything ED without him. I'll probably watch this later down the line on TV, but it won't be in theaters.

Edit: I forgot there was already a thread for this. Merge this post with the original thread I guess.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2023 08:55 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will this be excessively violent? because if so, i'm there

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 4th, 2023 09:56 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ha, that looked hella ****ed up, I’m in. laughing

Old Post Jan 4th, 2023 11:24 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Trailer looks pretty good. But it's still so different from the Bruce Campbell / Raimi originals.

I'd prefer more Ash vs Evil Dead personally, but we get what we get.

Seems like that they're sticking more closer to the very first Evil Dead where it was straight up horror

maybe there might be a Ash cameo again, The Evil Dead remake had that.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2023 12:07 AM
riv6672

Seems like that they're sticking more closer to the very first Evil Dead where it was straight up horror

^^^I was 12-13 when I watched Evil Dead, and it creeped me the hell out. I was almost 20 when the sequel hit and I was sitting there thinking “was the first one like this and I just built it up in my mind”? laughing

Old Post Jan 5th, 2023 12:56 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So many by the numbers demon possession movies would you have really picked up on if this was Evil Dead without looking at the title? You'd swear this was Smile's direct-to-dvd sequel or something.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2023 10:45 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Nemesis X
So many by the numbers demon possession movies would you have really picked up on if this was Evil Dead without looking at the title? You'd swear this was Smile's direct-to-dvd sequel or something.

Yeah, it looks fine, but it doesn't really rise (no pun intended) above the rest without the Raimi / Campbell touch.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2023 11:13 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The director says Bruce Campbell is hidden in the movie somewhere

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie...e-in-the-movie/

better not be a poster in the background..

Old Post Mar 17th, 2023 06:54 AM
riv6672

better not be a poster in the background..

^^^Someone’ll be watching an old BURN NOTICE ep. on the Telly…

Old Post Mar 21st, 2023 04:18 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

might see coz this looks extremely violent

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 24th, 2023 11:15 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Saw the movie. Simultaneously good and disappointing. Compared to other modern horror movies, it is very good. Definitely an intense movie. But the characters outside of the mom are not particularly interesting or fun, which to me is half of what makes the Evil Dead movies so great. This easily could have been a different possession movie if you take out a few pieces like the Book of the Dead and a few callbacks.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2023 05:26 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote