KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Tomorrow War

The Tomorrow War
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

I have no problem with climate change as we're literally seeing the affects of it right now as Canada burns to the ground and Brazil freezes. People will learn what fresh horrors that will be unleashed when the ice caps melt, you poor sad fckers.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 02:35 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
I have no problem with climate change as we're literally seeing the affects of it right now as Canada burns to the ground and Brazil freezes. People will learn what fresh horrors that will be unleashed when the ice caps melt, you poor sad fckers.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 10:51 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Good sci-fi action movie, reminiscent of Starship Troopers minus the space element, I wasn't even bothered by the diversity quotas they managed to blend them in organically and not beat us over the head with it, bravo.

I don't specifically remember any Asian side characters. 🤔

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thoroughly entertained. It's bonkers AF because it borrows from a lot of famous science fiction (hell 'Edge of Tomorrow' and 'The Tomorrow War' are basically the same title) but the monsters are cool and it had very nice effects, with some sappy family drama. I don't usually like time travel in movies, but it worked well enough I suppose.

I look forward to the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Alien/Prometheus prequel, haha

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 11:14 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

i want to like pratt, but the shittiness of his movies is making it hard to do that.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 05:55 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
i want to like pratt, but the shittiness of his movies is making it hard to do that.

He's fine, he's just always going to be Starlord. He's kind of the same character all the time.

Originally posted by Robtard
The film also has a harmless 'climate change is harmful to humanity' angle, that is what some types will likely freak out over and claim it's "liberal propaganda" or similar.

I didn't feel like that was very heavy-handed, so I doubt it'll bother anyone except the super Right-wing Conservative and anti-science types. Especially since it doesn't come in until pretty late in the movie and by then you're invested and probably won't turn it off, heh. I actually enjoyed the very heavy pro-science angle of the film. Not sure why you shit on the entire film, Rob. I'll grant there is definitely one or two cringy character moments, and of course the plot is preposterous and bonkeers, but for the most part it's a pretty engrossing and action-packed sci-fi romp.

Personally I'd save hyperbole like "pure dirty ass" for shit like Birds of Prey Harley Quinn Pseudo-Feminist Film or Monster Hunter or Cats, etc.. Those were truly painful and irredeemable movies to me.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 08:33 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
He's fine, he's just always going to be Starlord. He's kind of the same character all the time.

^^^i agree, but I’m also okay w. that.

Personally I'd save hyperbole like "pure dirty ass" for shit like Birds of Prey Harley Quinn Pseudo-Feminist Film or Monster Hunter or Cats, etc.. Those were truly painful and irredeemable movies to me.

^^^yeah;
If you ***** about everything, it just dilutes your opinion on anything.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 11:09 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ The least Rob could do is specify what kind of dirty ass it is. Granny dirty ass? Baby dirty ass? Kate Beckinsale dirty ass? I would still eat Kate Beckinsale's ass even if it's dirty as fuck.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2021 12:41 AM
riv6672

^ The least Rob could do is specify what kind of dirty ass it is. Granny dirty ass? Baby dirty ass? Kate Beckinsale dirty ass? I would still eat Kate Beckinsale's ass even if it's dirty as fuck.
laughing

Old Post Jul 4th, 2021 12:50 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Fun movie. Now let’s get that sequel!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2021 08:52 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THIS FILM IS A PIECE OF SHIT

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 12th, 2021 03:05 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^AND IT DESERVES A SEQUEL!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2021 08:36 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I didn't feel like that was very heavy-handed, so I doubt it'll bother anyone except the super Right-wing Conservative and anti-science types. Especially since it doesn't come in until pretty late in the movie and by then you're invested and probably won't turn it off, heh.

I actually enjoyed the very heavy pro-science angle of the film. Not sure why you shit on the entire film, Rob. I'll grant there is definitely one or two cringy character moments, and of course the plot is preposterous and bonkeers, but for the most part it's a pretty engrossing and action-packed sci-fi romp.

The types I'm referring too.

I disagree, found it to be boring and unimaginative with lazy dialed-in acting from the lead. I'm glad you liked it though, your time wasting wasted.

Well, yeah, there are definitely worse movies than this, but shit comes in many sizes, shapes and textures, but it's still shit smile This still wasn't good imo.

laughing out loud

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 12th, 2021 04:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^AND IT DESERVES A SEQUEL!

NOPE IT DOESN'T LOL

Old Post Jul 12th, 2021 07:20 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
NOPE IT DOESN'T LOL

OH YES IT DOES HAHA

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 12:35 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by riv6672
OH YES IT DOES HAHA

THERE BETTER BE NUDITY LOL

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 03:24 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
THERE BETTER BE NUDITY LOL

YOU READ MY MIND WINK WINK

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 09:12 AM