KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Kraven The Hunter

Kraven The Hunter
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud

Venom had the whole Lethal Protector thing, yes.

Kraven does have his own [warped] code of honor, but the best thing he's ever done [and is remembered for] was committing suicide.

If Sony really wants to make a movie about "an animal lover and protector of the natural world", they really shouldn't have picked this villain who happens to be the very antithesis of that.

Even limited to "Spideyverse" villains, Puma comes to mind before Kraven.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2022 06:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

If Sony decides to transform the character completely to make him a likeable protagonist, it'll no longer be Kraven.

^^^This is Godzilla 1998 all over again.
I mean, i LIKED that movie, i really did. But it wasn’t Godzilla.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 09:47 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Sony is not planning it smart, they just know they need to keep making new films or they'll lose the rights, afaik.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 05:29 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 09:25 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So this movie gets an R-rating but not Venom

https://www.joblo.com/kraven-the-hunter-cinemacon/

Old Post Apr 25th, 2023 05:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I will believe it when I see it.

Sony lied numerous times about Venom and its sequel getting R-ratings (which never happened). Probably wanted some attention.

Kraven film will most likely be PG-13.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2023 06:22 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ Not just that. Also how they're still going with Kraven being a “an animal lover" and also at the same time "He’s just a hunter, a human with conviction.”

wtf....Sony needs to just let go of the rights to all things Spider-Man.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2023 07:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yes, we have discussed it in this very thread.

Absurd idea, but they don't care about staying true to the character, they just try to make him marketable.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2023 07:44 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah, Gotta keep PETA happy.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2023 08:06 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Hollywood doesn't make many villain films --- they follow the old formula with likeable protagonists (anti-heroes with redeeming qualities at worst) and happy endings.

Kraven is violent, sadistic, mentally ill, suicidal... Russian... he doesn't fit.

Sony apparently wants to "fix" that by turning him into their version of Ka-Zar or Tarzan. They probably don't know exactly what they're doing, but they need to do something in order to keep the movie rights.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2023 10:11 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Meh... Just seems to me with Sony at the moment that they're knocking it out of the park with Spider-Man, But then when it comes to all these other characters that's tied to him they're not giving them the same treatment.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2023 02:19 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Live action clearly ain't their forte.

MCU trilogy wasn't Sony's success. It was Feige's and Disney's.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2023 08:43 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Live action clearly ain't their forte.

Disagree. Just need the right people involved, Clearly Sony is failing at at...who knows the Kraven movie might surprise everyone.. but i'm not holding out hope

quote:
MCU trilogy wasn't Sony's success. It was Feige's and Disney's.

....you know what i meant.

Last edited by Kazenji on Apr 27th, 2023 at 03:25 AM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 03:22 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Kazenji
Disagree. Just need the right people involved, Clearly Sony is failing at at...who knows the Kraven movie might surprise everyone.. but i'm not holding out hope

Sony's been missing "the right people" ever since Raimi's trilogy.

Originally posted by Kazenji
....you know what i meant.

Animation and video games have their own forums.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 05:39 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Animation and video games have their own forums.

And water is also wet.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 07:40 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

They aren't "knocking it out of the park" with Spider-Man.

TASM films left them crippled and begging for mercy and SSU doesn't have a single solo SM film.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 03:37 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

TASM1 was pretty good, not nearly as good as SM1-2, but better than SM3, I still think Sam Raimi must have had a series of ministrokes when writing/filming SM3.

TASM2 was a failed abortion though. Just awful. Shit covered shit, But they should have done a 3rd film to fix that and wrap it up as a trilogy. Keeping it separate from the MCU, until of course SM:NWH brought it all together with the magical magic of the multiverse.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 07:48 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
they should have done a 3rd film to fix that and wrap it up as a trilogy.

^^^So true.
I was so happy Garfield got a chance to play the role one more time.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 08:01 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

When I watched SM: NWM, I did like how you could tell around what age people where in the audience depending on which Peter they cheered for. Old ****s like me got nostalgic when Tobey appeared. the mid 20ish to 30ish crowd when Garfield, all the younger ones were Holland fans.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 08:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Robtard
When I watched SM: NWM, I did like how you could tell around what age people where in the audience depending on which Peter they cheered for. Old ****s like me got nostalgic when Tobey appeared. the mid 20ish to 30ish crowd when Garfield, all the younger ones were Holland fans.

I was happy to see both. I was…12 I think when Spider-Man came out.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 09:02 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote