KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Starfield (2022)

Starfield (2022)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Starfield (2022)

https://www.ign.com/articles/starfi...ummer-of-gaming

"Bethesda Game Studios executive producer Todd Howard summed up the game: "It's like 'Skyrim' in space.

Bethesda managing director Ashley Cheng brings up another famous reference point: “For me, ‘Starfield’ is the Han Solo simulator. Get in a ship, explore the galaxy, do fun stuff,” said Cheng."

Also, we got a teaser (finally, it's been so long):

PWNT

Old Post Jun 13th, 2021 07:55 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm disappointed its not coming out this year...I actually thought it would.

But I wonder what direction they will go with this....I assume there will be some sort of ship building mechanic in it.....

Old Post Jun 13th, 2021 08:04 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Next year or the year after I about expected with how big they're trying to make this sound. Wonder why it wasn't shown during the Microsoft conference.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2021 08:21 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Huh, game didn't have a thread yet? That's odd.

Either way, game looks great.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 13th, 2021 11:22 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Huh, game didn't have a thread yet? That's odd.

Either way, game looks great.
I was thinking the same. I searched but didn't find anything which is wild considering how big this game is likely to be.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 15th, 2021 02:33 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Welll...to be fair....the only thing we had to go on was a teaser trailer of a name....2-3 years ago.

We still don't have any gameplay to show....and the new trailer is just another teaser. Though...considering Fallout 4 was in 2016...that's a pretty big gap to next Bethesda game...maybe that is a good thing.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2021 02:45 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Buildable ships and bases is cool as shit

PWNT

Old Post Jun 12th, 2022 06:44 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

They didn't mention if planets are accessible from space...or if its a fast travel kind of thing.

Looks fun and good...Fallout in space...but I'm cool with that!

I was watching the IGN feed and the first thing that was said was they didn't like the health bars....haha.. That's what you got from that showcase! And because it has the same feeling as No Many Sky....they were like "I hope there is some story and etc"....and I think people have gotten dumber every year. It's a Bethesda game....it's going to have interesting things to find and do.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2022 07:07 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Smasandian
They didn't mention if planets are accessible from space...or if its a fast travel kind of thing.

Looks fun and good...Fallout in space...but I'm cool with that!

I was watching the IGN feed and the first thing that was said was they didn't like the health bars....haha.. That's what you got from that showcase! And because it has the same feeling as No Many Sky....they were like "I hope there is some story and etc"....and I think people have gotten dumber every year. It's a Bethesda game....it's going to have interesting things to find and do.
Lmao

I was watching IGN and rolled my eyes at that line too. The UI looks fantastic IMO

PWNT

Old Post Jun 12th, 2022 08:35 PM
ares834

Looks pretty good. Honestly, better than I was expecting.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2022 09:33 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think you have to commend them for making a new IP. It's harder to see new AAA titles (even if it's just space Fallout).

It's going to be another Bethesda game...buggy, weak overall story but after playing for a few hours, you look at your clock and its 3AM in the morning kind of vibe.

I would interested to see the base camp mechanic...will it the same as Fallout 4...or something different. I would also love to see if flying consists of only in space.....or can you fly around these planets.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2022 10:46 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Smasandian
I think you have to commend them for making a new IP. It's harder to see new AAA titles (even if it's just space Fallout).

It's going to be another Bethesda game...buggy, weak overall story but after playing for a few hours, you look at your clock and its 3AM in the morning kind of vibe.

I would interested to see the base camp mechanic...will it the same as Fallout 4...or something different. I would also love to see if flying consists of only in space.....or can you fly around these planets.

My concern after watching the gameplay trailer is that the planets will be procedurally generated, which is not good news. Bethesda is bad as a company for making a horribly glitched product and letting the community fix it, so I expect the same here. If Todd Howard goes all greedy again and tries to prevent free community modding, this game will probably die and the company will start to lose fans.

As for the actual gameplay, there were a lot of jumps in the trailer, so you can't see anything but the polished stuff they had in mind. The gunplay looks uninspired, and without VATS it will be a bore. The crafting probably suffers from the same flaws as FO4, although I do like the hiring of crew/personnel and building of modular ships/bases a lot. I spent many more hours settlement building in FO4 than I did progressing the plot (which could be told before my coffee cools it's so barebones) so I hope they play up this aspect of the sandbox.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2022 08:58 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Meh, I think the 1000 planets is overblown. Most are going to be procedurally generated but I assume curated experiences will exist within the world they created.

The problem with No Man Sky is that all planets were done that way. I have to assume Bethesda will create a fair number of areas (probably more areas than most games have) that will similar to Skyrim/Fallout. The remaining planets are probably going to empty, just like in real life and I assume are going to be used for people to create settlements and etc.

Modding has already been confirmed, they haven't removed modding from all the other games.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2022 10:44 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2023 11:39 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

We already have Star Citizen, we knew nothing could beat it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2024 04:27 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote