KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Re: Revenge of the Sith Obi Wan , Dooku and Aniken Duel

Re: Revenge of the Sith Obi Wan , Dooku and Aniken Duel
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Re: Revenge of the Sith Obi Wan , Dooku and Aniken Duel

Thought i will ask as i was not to sure saw in a fan based video but wasnt to sure what does cannon say about this:
When Obi Wan and Aniken were dueling Dooku in ROTS was Obi wan was better than Dooku in sabers hence thats why Dooku had to resort to using the force on Obi and trapping him under the platform as he knew Obi wan had improved and had gotten better etc and hence he feared that he would have lost to Obi eventually etc? I heard a fan based video mention it briefly but thought i will double check : what does cannon say about the above ? And was Obi better than Dooku in sabers then ?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2021 01:14 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Force push is standard in a saber fight. If Obi-Wan attemted to counter it then we could argue that Dooku only won because of his superior force abilities (although still fair given he was outnumbered).

But given he kept catching Obi-Wan off guard, despite fighting 2 opponents, I'm inclined to think Dooku was just the superior combatant.

I believe a couple of sources put the force choke/hold down to Dooku's speed.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2021 02:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Dooku has always been Obi's kryptonite.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2021 06:48 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

^^ awesome thanks guys awesome answers makes it clearer !

Old Post Jun 21st, 2021 12:11 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Well, in a next fight Obi-Wan and Anakin were evenly matched in Force push and Dooku was somehow unable to overhelm Anakin with his Force powers. You can take any source;
- ROTS movie - Dooku was capable of holding his own against Obi-Wan and Anakin combined and still was able to find openings to kick Anakin or use TK against Kenobi;
- ROTS novel - Dooku was in serious trouble, but finally, he was able to defeat Kenobi by physical attack (kick), then use the Force to secure the vicotry over him;
- Rise and Fall of Darth DV - Dooku defended himself against Kenobi and Anakin with low difficulty (from Anakin's point of view), then defeated Kenobi due to being faster then him;
- TCW 6th season - not their final fight, but again, Dooku is holding his own against Anakin and Obi-Wan combined, nearly kills Kenobi by kicking him off of the platform and few seconds later physically beats him with low difficulty;

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Dooku has always been Obi's kryptonite.

Yeah, perhaps. But does it mean that Anakin is Dooku's kryptonite? Or Obi-Wan is Anakin's? And can you imagine Obi-Wan beating Anakin while fighting Dooku at the same time? Or Anakin beating Dooku while whiting Obi-Wan at the same time...? Wait, a second option is quite interesting. in first Obi-Wan would be terribly stomped.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2021 02:59 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote