KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead Island vs Dead Island Riptide

Which zombie survival game did you prefer between the two?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Dead Island was better 2 66.67%
The sequel Dead Island Riptide was better 1 33.33%
Neither, both games sucked 0 0%
The same, it's just too close to call 0 0%
Total: 3 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dead Island vs Dead Island Riptide
Started by: eThneoLgrRnae

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Really enjoyed the first one. Can't believe it's been over a decade since it came out. Haven't played Riptide and probably won't but really looking forward to the new one.

They're actually one of the few first person games I can play and enjoy. (The others are the Far Cry games)Usually Can't stand first person games.

If you mean first person shooters, I feel the same.

If you're talking about perspective, the game changes a lot.

Take Assassins Creed games and Mirror's Edge. Both have parkour, but Mirror's Edge was so well received partly because parkour had never been done from a first person perspective. Or at least not so well.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2021 09:50 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by cdtm
If you mean first person shooters, I feel the same.

If you're talking about perspective, the game changes a lot.

Take Assassins Creed games and Mirror's Edge. Both have parkour, but Mirror's Edge was so well received partly because parkour had never been done from a first person perspective. Or at least not so well.

Pretty much. I've always just preferred the look and controls of 3rd person games. I'd rather have a Witcher III, Red Dead 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, Assassin's Creed, The Last of Us than I would most FPS games. I tried games which get great reviews like Alien Isolation but can never stick them out. Part of it might be because games like GTA V and RDR2 were not great in their FP modes.

There are exceptions. I'd rather Far Cry 4 over Uncharted 4 for example.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2021 10:20 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I'll see if I can pick it cheap. Been meaning to fire up my old 360 anyway.

You found one in your price range yet?

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jul 17th, 2021 11:57 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Currently playing Cyberpunk so once I'm done I'll pick up a copy as I've nothing else on my list. Looking forward to it. 👍

Old Post Jul 18th, 2021 08:34 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote