KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Jolt (2021)

Jolt (2021)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Jolt (2021)

Beckinsale 😍

Old Post Jun 29th, 2021 10:16 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Looks not great, but maybe fun.

Beckinsale still looking fantastic though. MMmm.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 29th, 2021 10:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Beckinsale still looking fantastic though. MMmm.

Right? Jesus Christ... 🥰🤤

Old Post Jun 29th, 2021 10:22 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

She looks nice as a blonde.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2021 11:25 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

As much as Kate Beckinsale is still one of the hottest women in existence, they probably need to stop all these Atomic Blonde type colourful, fighty, chick movies.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2021 11:47 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Or at least make sure they’re good.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2021 01:08 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Beckinsale 😍

love kate.. will love ths

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 30th, 2021 03:07 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
As much as Kate Beckinsale is still one of the hottest women in existence, they probably need to stop all these Atomic Blonde type colourful, fighty, chick movies.

** Enter sarcasm city **

But Keanu Reeves and Liam Neeson did it, so why can't all women do it? Remember.. Women are exactly the same as men!!! Are you being sexist and saying that women shouldn't be doing the exact same gritty, violent action roles that men do??! SHAME ON YOU!!! HERETIC!!!

** Exit sarcasm city **

Yeah, it seems they've attempted a few different "John Wick Wannabe Chick Movies," Atomic Blonde and Anna, and now this. I didn't care for Atomic Blonde, mainly because the spy/espionage topic isn't really my cup of tea, and it's a shame because fu#k me, there was a lesbo scene with Sofia Boutella... (I'll need to revisit that scene, actually... cool ) And I never saw Anna, though I do like Luc Besson. Anyway, at least this doesn't look like it will take itself too terribly seriously, so that could be good. But yeah, honestly I think the penis part of my brain is more excited about this than the movie part of my brain. I like me some Kate Beckinsale. I love the Underworld movies, but even I'm a little stoked to see her do something action oriented but in a different movie world, a less overly serious and drab world.

But back to my previous rant about women in unrealistic action roles. I will say that I just watched Disney's Cruella and pretty thoroughly enjoyed it because it's more about how a crafty woman can (somewhat) more realistically enact revenge and demonstrate their power, and it makes me frustrated that they couldn't get some decent writers for that awful Harley Quinn movie to do something similar and far more interesting than just having them doing action scenes and beating up multiple dudes that are more than twice their size. These pseudo-feminist movies are f#cking atrocious. As a fan of action movies I actually find it refreshing watching movies with women showing off different skills and craftiness other than just the usual violence and action we get from most action movies. It can actually make for a far more compelling film.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2021 12:26 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, dunno if calling films like Atomic Blonde "John Wick wannabes" is accurate. Women kicking ass in action films is hardly anything new. eg 'La Femme Nikita' and the American remake 'Point of No Return' where out long before and that's just the 90's.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2021 04:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I knew someone would say that. Of course, but the recent films have mimicked the action style and choreography of John Wick, what's most popular at the moment. And of course John Wick is borrowing from a long history of old-school action and martial arts films, but you clearly ignored my point about modern feminism.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2021 05:46 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Is John Wick really more grounded in reality than say Atomic Blonde?

Sure men are physically stronger (and better drivers) than women , generally speaking, but if some man tried to pull off what the character John Wick does in the films, he'd be dead.

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 1st, 2021 at 06:00 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2021 05:57 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
... if some man tried to pull off what the character John Wick does in the films, he'd be dead.

I agree. The films are unrealistic even for men, which makes my point even stronger. It just makes it goofier to put 90-100 lbs women in the roles. Which is why they should be utilizing more plot device leverage, cunning wit, etc. (so to speak).

Old Post Jul 1st, 2021 06:15 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I disagree as we know we're watching what is fiction/fantasy and both are ridiculous stretches of the truth, be it a male or female protagonist. But cool.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2021 06:19 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

It's not really about women action movies. It's more the comedy/action combination with the same sort of blue and pink neon lights stuff every other scene. The same attempts at "witty" dialogue. Basically they're all like a toned down Harley Quinn.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2021 06:30 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Beckinsale 😍

ever seen her in the last days of disco... serious instant election. Annoying character though.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2021 06:42 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I know I've seen that.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2021 07:08 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
ever seen her in the last days of disco... serious instant election. Annoying character though.

The movie looks boring AF. I assume you mean "erection," though. Yeah, she does look hot AF, but annoying.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 11:54 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

i have all of kate's movies on dvd big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 03:28 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

... Yeah, she does look hot AF, but annoying.

The sliding scale of hot to annoying is fairly standard…

(please log in to view the image)

…but you really need to factor in the tolerence/desperation of the individual guy.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 08:38 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This was glamorous, colorful, and expensive dirty ass.

Do you like my review, Rob?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2021 08:03 AM