KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead Space (2023)

Dead Space (2023)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I enjoyed the sound breakdown.....
Especially for this series...which 50% of the scares seem to be sound related.

Cool tech too.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2022 02:54 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I’m glad it got pushed back, TBH. It makes it so much more satisfying when the game is polished and bug-free.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2022 05:22 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
I’m glad it got pushed back, TBH. It makes it so much more satisfying when the game is polished and bug-free.

Hope it works out for this game

there are some rare instances where it doesn't work out.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2022 01:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've got to play the original someday.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2022 08:13 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Old Post May 31st, 2022 05:05 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Remake was a good choice, remasters are notoriously difficult to get right.

The Devil May Cry remasters completely butcheted the asthetic of the PS2 originals, what with the lighting being far too bright, missing effects, and a general distracting rendered look as if it was a mobile port.

Liking the look and feel of this remake so far, seems they nailed it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2022 01:53 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wonder how the "audio log" ever became a thing?

Like anyone would actually drop audio logs in random places, instead of them logically being on their bodies.

Especially hilarious with five or six from the same person

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 12:57 AM
Impediment
Endless

$20 says Isaac will be talking in this remake.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 09:36 PM
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
$20 says Isaac will be talking in this remake.
This is already confirmed. They brought back Gunner to voice him too.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 6th, 2022 10:48 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Arachnid1
This is already confirmed. They brought back Gunner to voice him too.

Is that a joke?

You'd think they'd learn from Link.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2022 10:51 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Huh? You know the remaining games are voiced.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2022 04:23 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smasandian
Huh? You know the remaining games are voiced.

Dead Space 2 isn't 1 though. Different directors, different design.

1 was essentially a homage to the unvoiced protagonists like Doom Slayer or Link. The fact Isaac only made any sounds when hurt or struggling to breath was a deliberate design choice.

If they're adding a VA, I hope they include the option to switch it off.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2022 12:46 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's a remake, it's bound to be different.
If it wasn't then what's the point of doing this.

I would agree with you if the two sequels were also unvoiced but they are not. So adding the main character with a voice is not taking away from the game. It's adding to it.

Considering having a voiced character was pretty good in the other games.

If Valve re-made Half-Life and they made Gordan Freeman a voiced character, that would be bad.

But Dead Space re-make, nope.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2022 03:42 PM
Arachnid1

I'm with Smas. I'm glad they have Gunner voicing actual lines in the remake. Isaac is his own character in this trilogy. He's not an insert like Master Chief.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 7th, 2022 07:25 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

PWNT

Old Post Oct 4th, 2022 09:20 PM
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

Finally, the remake. I can't wait for the whole game to be released soon tho.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2022 11:59 PM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Isaac deserves a voice in this reboot.

I absolutely cannot sit still for the anticipation of this game!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2022 10:04 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Up to now after watching IGN's hands-on preview, yep, it's all 100% identical to the original. If you've played the first one and still own it, I would just stick with that IMO unless you're really into that extra environmental detail and Gunner Wright's voice then power to ya I guess though it would be funny if he lists off every single insult made by the Dead Space community at Kendra.

On the other hand, at least you know what you're getting at launch compared to Callisto "please buy the season pass among our multiple different editions for a new IP you've yet played and wow am I getting Back 4 Blood deja vu" Protocol.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2022 05:06 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, either they change the game and people *****...or they don't and its just the same game.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2022 11:56 PM
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

I think for some reason EA could just make another Dead Space game for their own good.

Idk if that"s true but at least it is tho

Old Post Oct 15th, 2022 11:59 PM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote