KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Kevin Smith angry over Masters of the Universe reviews

Kevin Smith angry over Masters of the Universe reviews
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Battle of the Planets for me. 7 zark 7

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 12:00 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

lol did george lucas ever sue them for 7 zark 7? i liked that and also enjoyed star blazers (space battleship yamato). those 2 were the first amine i watched

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Jul 26th, 2021 at 12:21 AM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 12:19 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Battle of the Planets for me. 7 zark 7

Loved that show!

Always wanted to see the Japanese original (Gatchamen?), but could never find it at my usual spots.

Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, and Space Sherrif Gavin are a fair consolation prize.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 12:21 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
lol did george lucas ever sue them for 7 zark 7? i liked that and also enjoyed star blazers (space battleship yamato). those 2 were the first amine i watched

They have a really good Yamato remake if you're interested.

And "Farewell to Space Battleship Yamato" is must see, but almost impossible to watch legitimately (But I do highly recommend seeing it)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 12:24 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Robtard
Watched the 1st season, I thought it was okay. Nothing great, but entertaining enough and a nice dose of nostalgia in seeing childhood favorites on the screen again. 6.5 out of 10.

Seeing people lose their shit over a He-Man cartoon though is highly entertaining to me. 10 out of 10 here. Bravo, Mr. Smith.
Originally posted by Robtard
But this He-Man cartoon featured He-Man in every episode...

Look at this traitor fraud!

He-Man is "IN" every episode in what capacity?

Stop your sophistry you're not good at it.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 12:29 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

"sophistry" ...wow that's a big word for you smile

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 12:58 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

‘Sophistication’, would’ve been what I would’ve used.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 01:02 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Blakemore
I wonder what Adam PoE thinks of this

As the undispituted biggest Masters of the Universe fan on this site, I love it. If anyone was going to take umbridge with something, it would be me. So if I do not have any complaints, I sure as hell do not know why any one else does.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 01:21 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I guess if you approve, it might be good. I’m not much of a fan tbh. Probably because I’m not an 80s kid.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 01:27 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
In all honesty, Smith sold out in the 90's and he's been coasting by on Clerks and Mallrats ever since, now that those films are slipping away from people's memories, how much of a dick he is is coming to light. Looks like the kind of guy who stalked every ex he's ever had.

And Clerks was never good. It was just a preachy left wing indie piece of garbage vanity project.

Mallrats was genius though.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 01:41 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
As the undispituted biggest Masters of the Universe fan on this site, I love it. If anyone was going to take umbridge with something, it would be me. So if I do not have any complaints, I sure as hell do not know why any one else does.

You're the biggest "FAN" who enjoyed fans of the franchise being BLATANTLY lied to as well as "MOCKED" by Kevin Smith several times now!

THIS IS WHAT HE-MAN THINKS OF YOUR FANDOM!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 02:18 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

ThE lIeS! tHe LiEs! Grow up.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 04:16 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I mean yeah, they paid for the right to watch the show, they have the RIGHT to complain about it or review it.

I haven't even watched the damn show but I feel like how Smith is handling this is ridiculous.

"How dare you say I lied about this or that?!" Do you really feel like people don't have the right to ***** about that???

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 08:54 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think if you can’t handle parody or criticism, you’re a weak hearted fanboy. Someone like Surtur.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 10:11 AM
Darth Thor

I think issue is more about the hate before even seeing it, the blatant review bombing, and making final judgements on the show before the season is up. Heck without even seeing it for many.

And Im with Rob, that it was Okay. Nothing special as of yet. But an interesting enough cliffhanger to keep me watching.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 10:46 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I’m different, I never cared for he-man, so I don’t have an opinion.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 10:52 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shit, meant to use spoiler tags. I can't edit in spoiler tags, because it did the thing where you can't edit the post at all because it disappears.

It has heavy spoilers, so don't read if you care about being spoiled and may be the mod should delete it, if its an issue.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 11:50 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Here's your post, with the tags:

==

quote:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: As someone who watched the first five episodes (Perfectly legally in some countries!)

LoB kind of has the right of it.

I mean, Kevin Smith DID call the 80's toon for babies and gloated about getting to kill He-Man twice. And he dix recently admit to lying, to cover up for another reveal (Adam lying twice)

If it was just people trolling it up I'd be on Adam's side, but I've seen it for myself. I think fans are justified in being irate about what they got.

And I happen to LIKE the show. I LIKE the focus being on the masters instead of just He-Man.

But that's me. Other fans clearly wanted more He-Man, and it was marketed as giving them a lot of He-Man, and they aren't getting a lot of He-Man.

And the fact is, these are your fan base.. Not trolls, but your audience. Make fun of your own audience at your peril, because if they aren't happy, who is this show supposed to be for? Guys like me and Adam Poe?

Not enough of us I'm afraid.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 12:26 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Here's your post, with the tags:

==

Thank you! smile

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 12:26 PM
snowdragon

Originally posted by cdtm
And Clerks was never good. It was just a preachy left wing indie piece of garbage vanity project.

Mallrats was genius though.

I loved mallrats but have to throw props to dogma wink

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 12:50 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote