KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Kevin Smith angry over Masters of the Universe reviews

Kevin Smith angry over Masters of the Universe reviews
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Mark Hamill says he can’t do Joker anymore because it hurts his voice but he can do Skeletor?
myah!

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 06:55 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Mark Hamill says he can’t do Joker anymore because it hurts his voice but he can do Skeletor?

Well he's not a main character according to Kevin Smith so he doesn't have that much strain. It's not like he's fighting He-Man every episode and hamming it up for 10+ minutes of screentime.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 07:17 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by cdtm
"No true scottsman"?

No, as the person who is the most invested in the franchise, I am the most protective of it. So if the person who is the most resistant to changes has no problems with it, then why should you or anyone else?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 09:10 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

"No true scottsman"?

(please log in to view the image)

^^more factually incorrect dingbat nonsense

"no true scotsman" is when you attempt to casually dismiss proof which contradicts your claim, by attempting to invalidate that proof as "no true" example

Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
Person B: "But my uncle Angus is a Scotsman and he puts sugar on his porridge."
Person A: "But no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."

but you have fun being you

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 10:11 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Funny thing is, all his voice acting’s sounds the same. I like Hamill, but he has no range in voice acting whatsoever. Though his voice is unique in a way.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 10:17 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SquallX
Funny thing is, all his voice acting’s sounds the same. I like Hamill, but he has no range in voice acting whatsoever. Though his voice is unique in a way.

Jokeletor.

His Prankster was actually alright, I don't remember much Joker there.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 10:21 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
^^more factually incorrect dingbat nonsense

"no true scotsman" is when you attempt to casually dismiss proof which contradicts your claim, by attempting to invalidate that proof as "no true" example

Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
Person B: "But my uncle Angus is a Scotsman and he puts sugar on his porridge."
Person A: "But no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."

but you have fun being you

So what do you see Adam's point as being than?

I read it as him being a super fan is ok with this, meant any fan of He-Man should be ok with that.

That's a falicy, if not the one I cited. Adam's fan cred has no bearing on how other fans feel, nor does it diminish them.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 10:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

maybe you're accusing him of "appeal to false authority"? but he is the kmc authority on MotU, so i don't know what to tell you. "get more mad"?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 10:29 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

See, the thing of it is, being an expert only makes you an expert on facts.

Someone could know cinema in general and Scorsese in particular inside and out, but hate Raging Bull. That doesn't mean all the neophyte people who love Raging Bull are wrong.

You like what you like.

And for the record, I like the new cartoon. Most fun I've had watching a recenta animation since Space Battleship Yamato 2199.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 10:51 PM
Jmanghan

On the topic of Clerks, maybe it's just because the jokes were no longer super clever or super subtle, but I found Clerks 2 hilarious and still a very good movie.

Both movies paint pictures of their current lives and how things are changing for them.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 11:05 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jay and silent bob strike back was pretty funny.

“We’re sorta like Star Trek TNG, although we’re not as recognizable as the original cast, we’re still in many ways superior.”

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 11:44 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

They would be good replacements for Riker and Wesley.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2021 12:08 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked Simon pegg as scottie and pretty much all the cast in the reboot.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2021 12:23 AM
Darth Thor

Jokeletor.

His Prankster was actually alright, I don't remember much Joker there.

He briefly voiced Darth Bane in an episode of clone wars. No Joker there at all.

I guess he just thought it was appropriate for this Skeletor.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2021 07:19 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Thor
He briefly voiced Darth Bane in an episode of clone wars. No Joker there at all.

I guess he just thought it was appropriate for this Skeletor.

He's also really good at impressions. I was actually surprised his Skeletor was so reminiscent of his Joker.

It's hard to beat the original though. Classic Skeletor is iconic to anyone that watched the show I would imagine.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2021 10:18 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ It's possible they asked him to use his Joker voice. Because yeah, he can clearly do different voice stuff.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2021 12:14 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

They were being edgy by making it sound like a voice he’s done before? So it’s different and not different at the same time? What?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2021 12:21 PM
Darth Thor

https://www.cbr.com/masters-of-the-...-lyn-story/amp/

Part 2 focuses heavily on Evil-Lyn.

That sounds way better. Teelas just not that interesting to me.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2021 05:48 PM