KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Is it too late to do anything about the Climate Change?

Is it too late to do anything about the Climate Change?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 3 15.79%
No 10 52.63%
Not sure 6 31.58%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Just wondering about this issue, as it seems to pop up more and more recently amidst C-19 news.

*Assuming that humanity can do anything about it in any meanigful way.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2021 06:20 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, /end thread.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2021 06:23 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Too late for what? Too late to prevent a disaster? Yes. Too late to stop making things worse? Of course not.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2021 06:24 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
No, /end thread.
smile

Old Post Aug 10th, 2021 06:25 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Yes it's too late.

Oh well.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2021 06:27 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Too late for what? Too late to prevent a disaster? Yes. Too late to stop making things worse? Of course not.

Yeah, I should have been far more specific with the OP.

I was just wondering is the threshold for the professed climate disaster that may eradicate humanity crossed already or not. Are we even in position to tell?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2021 06:27 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stigma
Yeah, I should have been far more specific with the OP.

I was just wondering is the threshold for the professed climate disaster that may eradicate humanity crossed already or not. Are we even in position to tell?
No, humanity will survive /end thread.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2021 06:29 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Dang. I was hoping for an eco-apocalypse soon stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 10th, 2021 06:31 PM
cdtm

MMGW is a myth.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2021 06:36 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
MMGW is a myth.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2021 06:37 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by cdtm
MMGW is a myth.

Would you like to elaborate?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2021 06:37 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Is it too late to do anything about the Climate Change?

Originally posted by Stigma
Just wondering about this issue, as it seems to pop up more and more recently amidst C-19 news.

*Assuming that humanity can do anything about it in any meanigful way.

It's too late to completely stop it, but it's not too late to lesson what is coming.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 10th, 2021 07:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

I think we’ll find a natural remedy. When you have a melting pot the next step is to continue clockwise so that any counter attempts fail.

Attachment: 8d63c972-9278-4173-b269-7eb67ef0c44e.jpeg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Aug 11th, 2021 01:32 AM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2021 01:48 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

I am far more concerned with fresh water sources and polluting water resources (ie oceans) than climate change. Unless Asian countries and African countries jump on board fixing climate change is a dream.

More people suffer from shit water sources than would actually complain about climate change(I realize both can be worked on but one more significantly impacts daily life.)

Old Post Aug 11th, 2021 02:18 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by snowdragon
I am far more concerned with fresh water sources and polluting water resources (ie oceans) than climate change. Unless Asian countries and African countries jump on board fixing climate change is a dream.

More people suffer from shit water sources than would actually complain about climate change(I realize both can be worked on but one more significantly impacts daily life.)
This is a meme. If literally no one on the entire planet except the United States adopted drastic environmental regulations that would put a massive amount of time on the clock in regards to slowing down and reversing climate change.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 11th, 2021 08:08 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by snowdragon

One answer to the following question is correct and the other is not.

The largest contributor to depletion of the availability of fresh water across the globe within the next 50 years will be

A. Climate change

B. Literally anything else

Old Post Aug 11th, 2021 08:39 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
One answer to the following question is correct and the other is not.

The largest contributor to depletion of the availability of fresh water across the globe within the next 50 years will be

A. Climate change

B. Literally anything else

It's all about used toilet paper and beer cans!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2021 11:38 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

That's not a global water quality problem. That's a your house problem.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2021 11:50 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
That's not a global water quality problem. That's a your house problem.
thumb up

Old Post Aug 11th, 2021 12:28 PM