KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars visions

Star Wars visions
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Star Wars visions

Just thought I’d ask this will obvious fit in legends ?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2021 01:31 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

It’s non-canonical to either Canon.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2021 12:13 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Why is this suddenly not canon ?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2021 10:46 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor

It was stated to always be.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2021 10:53 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The series producers outright stated that it doesn't fit into the current SW timeline. Therefore non-canon.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2021 03:42 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
It was stated to always be.

Originally posted by Galan007
The series producers outright stated that it doesn't fit into the current SW timeline. Therefore non-canon.

I get that its not lol. Was asking Why? As in why is Lucasfilm making non-canon material now. Is it a change in their policy Or is it just restricted to Anime as a medium like Lego..

Old Post Sep 28th, 2021 09:42 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I get that its not lol. Was asking Why? As in why is Lucasfilm making non-canon material now. Is it a change in their policy Or is it just restricted to Anime as a medium like Lego..

I guess the latter? Though I am a bit miffed frankly, that they’ll do stuff like this rather than let writers finish the stories that were already ongoing in the previous lore.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2021 10:55 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh, gotcha. thumb up

Yeah, I'd say it fits more into the "canon-adjacent" tier, like the Lego stuff. Meaning that it is part of the collective Disney canon, but not linked to the mainstream timeline at all.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2021 01:19 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

How can Visions be non-canon but still canon? Seems contradictory.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2021 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Visions is a Disney product, therefore it is canon to Disney as a whole. However, it was not created to fit into the mainstream timeline, therefore it is non-canon to the existing/canon continuity.

Makes things easier to grasp if you just liken it to the Lego material: canon to Disney as a whole; non-canon to the mainstream timeline.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 28th, 2021 at 09:50 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2021 09:48 PM
Underachiever59

The best way I could think to describe it would be to compare it to the old Star Wars Infinities comics.

It's a deliberate break from continuity in order to let writers have more free rein for storyteling within the Star Wars universe. Just like how Star Wars Infinities is non-canon even to the Legends continuity, Visions is a Disney-era Star Wars product that is still non-canon to Disney-era Star Wars continuity.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2021 08:59 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

At the end of the day it is just the Animatrix or Halo Legends but for Star Wars. If you have ever seen any anime anthology series about a western franchise then nothing in this series should surprise you.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Sep 29th, 2021 at 06:23 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2021 06:18 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Sheev
How can Visions be non-canon but still canon? Seems contradictory.

A work being part of a canon doesn't necessarily mean that it has to share continuity with other works in that canon.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2021 04:55 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
M-Theory3D
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Feb 7th, 2022 08:12 PM
Click here to Send M-Theory3D a Private Message Find more posts by M-Theory3D Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
M-Theory3D
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by M-Theory3D

Old Post Feb 7th, 2022 08:13 PM
Click here to Send M-Theory3D a Private Message Find more posts by M-Theory3D Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
M-Theory3D
Restricted

Account Restricted

M-Theory3D
Restricted

Account Restricted

M-Theory3D
Restricted

Account Restricted

M-Theory3D
Restricted

Account Restricted