KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DOV Spectre vs. Celestials

DOV Spectre vs. Celestials
Started by: DeadpoolXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
Against Shazam Spectre was weakened. And no, in the rock of Eternity Shazam wouldn't beg Galactus to spare him. We've seen Galactus lose to wizards before, Heck wraithqueens have almost killed him and made him flee.

Galactus is off topic, and you're using a low showing of him to make a point. We both know that the Spectre has several of those as well. To be frank, I have no problem with the Spectre beating the mess out of Celestials. He exists on a higher plane than they do. I was talking about DOV Spectre, as I have little doubt that the 4th Host would be as large of a threat as he posed during that story.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2021 03:33 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Stoic
Galactus is off topic, and you're using a low showing of him to make a point. We both know that the Spectre has several of those as well. To be frank, I have no problem with the Spectre beating the mess out of Celestials. He exists on a higher plane than they do. I was talking about DOV Spectre, as I have little doubt that the 4th Host would be as large of a threat as he posed during that story.

DOV Spectre had barely any low showings.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2021 03:36 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by abhilegend
DOV Spectre had barely any low showings.

Neither did the Celestials of that era. However, DOV Spectre didn't contend with forces as great as the 4th Host either. Shazam with a major magical amp was in my opinion his biggest foe during DOV, and I don't see him being able to stand against the 4th Host. You could be right, as I stated, the Celestials are below a high powered Spectre who rivals the LT at certain levels.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2021 03:43 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Neither did the Celestials of that era. However, DOV Spectre didn't contend with forces as great as the 4th Host either. Shazam with a major magical amp was in my opinion his biggest foe during DOV, and I don't see him being able to stand against the 4th Host. You could be right, as I stated, the Celestials are below a high powered Spectre who rivals the LT at certain levels.

laughing out loud

They have one good showing against Asgardians. Rest are mediocre. Lords of Order aren't major opponents?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2021 04:17 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Under different writers all characters fluctuate. This thread is being specific.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2021 06:30 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Is it now?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2021 07:51 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Doesn't the Spectre exist on a higher plane than the Celestials? At Spectre's highest high, I wouldn't be surprised if he slagged them, but this is DOV Spectre who seemed to be on an average Galactus' level. On average, I don't see an average Galactus defeating the 4th host. On the flip side, and based solely upon Galactus' power set, he would probably defeat Captain Shazam Marvel a lot easier than the Spectre was able to. Magical beings like Shazam have in the past been treated as snacks for him. In DC, Galactus would likely be crazy powerful.

Under normal circumstances Shazam would struggle and loose to G. DOV wasn't normal circumstances. He had removed the 7 deadly sins so that the large amount of the rocks power used to contain then wasn't being used. It was in the ROE without its power committed to what it normally is. He may have lost all the power amping he'd done prior to Spectre arriving thanks to Mordru but he was still well above normal.

The shazam that Spec foughtbwas amped by the power of every mystic on earth. Literally all their power flowing thru him. I doubt G would have faired any better

Old Post Oct 12th, 2021 09:02 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by beatboks
Under normal circumstances Shazam would struggle and loose to G. DOV wasn't normal circumstances. He had removed the 7 deadly sins so that the large amount of the rocks power used to contain then wasn't being used. It was in the ROE without its power committed to what it normally is. He may have lost all the power amping he'd done prior to Spectre arriving thanks to Mordru but he was still well above normal.

The shazam that Spec foughtbwas amped by the power of every mystic on earth. Literally all their power flowing thru him. I doubt G would have faired any better

Did something change? I remember the 7 Deadly Sins breaking out and Ibis using his own power to contain them freeing up Shazam, so he was able to make Billy and Mary and Freddy more powerful, back in the mid-90's.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2021 01:50 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote