KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who can repeat????

Who can repeat????
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

No where near this level and we actually see an outside image of the fight and beams of light were everywhere due to how fast they were fighting which is an indication that they were doing multiple tasks while moving at those speed. It's not just a single attack at a millisecond, it's multiple attacks at much higher speeds. No elites have this type of showing I can think of. smile

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 12:57 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Again - the scans clearly state the fights taking place in terms of milliseconds. They are doing a lot of things, in the timeframe of milliseconds.

Which is impressive, sure, but as I showed even Quicksilver does lots of things, but he can do it thousands of times faster.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 06:35 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Glorificus
Didn't Ares fight Nate Grey on a Planck-length time scale?

But it wasn't a speed feat, it was Ares being a personification of war existing on every plane blah blah blah that allowed him to face Nate, even though it should be impossible.

Magic being bullshit feat that still didn't save the character from getting his ass kicked 4867 times.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 07:29 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Right. For those who get swayed by pretty pictures....

These are the scans in OP:
(please log in to view the image)

Note the time. It takes them....6 milliseconds to do all those attacks (let's assume they're doing more than just the usual anime/manga fighting if just flying and clashing at each other).

Familiarise yourselves with these orders of magnitude:

6 milliseconds is a very short period of time indeed. You could imagine dividing a single second into 1000 periods - that's a millisecond.

Here is Gladiator and Hyperion (as an example) fighting in NANOSECONDS:

Note how the art doesn't look as impressive. No flashy light trails, or afterimages, or anything like that.

But Glad and Hype are LITERALLY (not hypothetically, not metaphorically, not figuratively, not hyperbole, literally) a million times faster in their scan. A nanosecond is a billionth of a second, Vs OP which is *only* a thousandth of a second.

It's just different art styles. This is like arguing who is stronger, then basing your judgement on Liefeld's art and saying so and so is stronger with bigger muscles.

I'm not even going to get into femto and attoseconds, lol. Even microseconds is a thousand times shorter than a millisecond.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Jan 16th, 2022 at 04:05 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 03:59 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Yeah, unless carter will disqualify it because he's not fighting, which he probably will even if he knows he doesn't have a legitimate argument, Superman moving casually when Hal slowed time down and the whole scene took place in a fraction of a nanosecond makes this example embarrassingly slow by comparison.

GG carter.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 06:05 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Hmmm, Didnt Superman also coordinate Kingdom Come Superman in a nanosecond while fighting Gog?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 06:08 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Hmmm, Didnt Superman also coordinate Kingdom Come Superman in a nanosecond while fighting Gog?

Something like that. I actually think the example I gave is better given it seems a few minutes go by in the space of less than a nanosecond. There's also him moving the baby the antimatter universe Brainiac......was reborn in or whatever the **** was going on. It's flight he's using however given him analyisizing the situation and all that, perceptions wise it's a relevant speed feat in about a namosecond, given all that happens.

He figures there's going to be a huge discharge of energy in about a nanosecond, then travels to his Fortress(though this was the one in a tesseract) like looked like a mile or so to me, and it actually went off earlier than anticipated. Remember, the distance traveled happens after he analyzed the situation, which was "I have about a nanosecond" so he figured it out in way less.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 06:18 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Originally posted by Delta1938
Something like that. I actually think the example I gave is better given it seems a few minutes go by in the space of less than a nanosecond. There's also him moving the baby the antimatter universe Brainiac......was reborn in or whatever the **** was going on. It's flight he's using however given him analyisizing the situation and all that, perceptions wise it's a relevant speed feat in about a namosecond, given all that happens.

He figures there's going to be a huge discharge of energy in about a nanosecond, then travels to his Fortress(though this was the one in a tesseract) like looked like a mile or so to me, and it actually went off earlier than anticipated. Remember, the distance traveled happens after he analyzed the situation, which was "I have about a nanosecond" so he figured it out in way less.

Yeah, Superman was basically doing a countdown in that scene. Like if Im running while consciously counting 1 to 10. Then Im definitely using my perceptions to do so

And for Superman a fraction of nanosecond scene, I believe it actually was far more impressive once you factoring the time-stop part

From my interpretation Hal's time dilation is so potent it actually became a time suspension

"For a fraction of a nanosecond.....An instant suspended between eternities of past and future....Time Suspension"
https://imgur.com/a/W8zLDZW
https://imgur.com/a/1c8pTn8

This also didnt beyond Superman capacity
Bump

I know the discussion was over. But I want to add some information about the FC scene

Flashes already had reached lightspeed/time-stop velocity BEFORE they passed by Superman, As it clearly states in the Essential Edition copy

"Only we can divert those omega finder beams! At lightspeed time stops! Death too! Flash fact!"
"We DID it wally! Now go!"
https://ibb.co/S6YPYkP

Combining the fact that even in this copy Barry explicitly states they need to go FTL speed to survive Darkseid's singularity. And we all know they did
https://ibb.co/vVxJzv3

So even if you want to lowball this scene as hard as possible, Superman at least performed a lightspeed reaction if not FTL

But I think Im digressing. But anyway, Superman definitely has feats to support he can repeat the feat OP was asking

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 06:32 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Yeah, Superman was basically doing a countdown in that scene. Like if Im running while consciously counting 1 to 10. Then Im definitely using my perceptions to do so

And for Superman a fraction of nanosecond scene, I believe it actually was far more impressive once you factoring the time-stop part

From my interpretation Hal's time dilation is so potent it actually became a time suspension

"For a fraction of a nanosecond.....An instant suspended between eternities of past and future....Time Suspension"
https://imgur.com/a/W8zLDZW
https://imgur.com/a/1c8pTn8

I agree if we take it literally, but I'm being conservative on it because even doing that it's a ridiculous feat, for Pre-Kryptonite-X levels, that few can even compete against. And that's the lowball.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 06:46 PM
Booya_69

@darksaint. Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but it appears they were moving at high speeds even before the clock started. Implying speeds beyond the clock.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 09:08 PM
Booya_69 is currently offline Click here to Send Booya_69 a Private Message Find more posts by Booya_69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Booya_69
@darksaint. Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but it appears they were moving at high speeds even before the clock started. Implying speeds beyond the clock.

That wouldn't matter. The point being they're doing a LOT of actions in the space of milliseconds - unless they slowed down when the clock started, their speed before the clock starts would also be millisecond level, at best.

Which, ANY comic character capable of microsecond level actions could replicate, and any character with NANOsecond level reactions definitely can replicate. Let alone the Pico and atto etc guys.

Edit: moreover, you're looking too much into it. The scans show as time goes by more and more light trails appearing, which means they're getting faster (but still in millisecond timeframes).

Edit edit: I mean, even Thor (before amps) can move in microseconds. A thousand times faster than the scan Carv showed:

THOR.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Jan 16th, 2022 at 09:23 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 09:13 PM
Booya_69

Lol. Fair enough 👍

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 10:42 PM
Booya_69 is currently offline Click here to Send Booya_69 a Private Message Find more posts by Booya_69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

But their speeds were increasing, exponentially, within those milliseconds.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 12:16 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by carver9
But their speeds were increasing, exponentially, within those milliseconds.

That's a contradictory statement.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 12:23 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Re: Who can repeat????

Originally posted by carver9
Only combat fts are applicable here since this is a combat showing. If you throw out a name, please provide scans showing them fighting at these speeds, CONSISTENTLY. The seconds you see here, multiple combat scenarios were done as shown on panel. Flashes are excluded...

https://ibb.co/QcQrc75
https://ibb.co/5sNK7w5
https://ibb.co/JRwRXTp
https://ibb.co/XXY6WVw

Who can combat this fast or have COMBAT fts showing they can join in on this H2H fight with no issues. Casually.

microsecond feat at best.
13 thousand streaks (just guessing) in 13 thousandths of a second is about 1 streak per microsecond.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 03:10 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Re: Re: Who can repeat????

Originally posted by h1a8
microsecond feat at best.
13 thousand streaks (just guessing) in 13 thousandths of a second is about 1 streak per microsecond.

Them leaving trails of light after their movements puts this above microseconds though. It's 100% above light speed because one of the contestants in this battle was using his maximum speed (light speed) and the other 2 were accelerating past that.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 03:37 AM
carver9

Originally posted by -Pr-
That's a contradictory statement.

Wouldn't say it's contradicting since it was outright said on panel.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 03:37 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Lol...y create threads when you can't unbiased?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 03:55 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Lol...y create threads when you can't unbiased?

Please get off KMC and come to bed. 🤦🏿

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 04:05 AM
DarkSaint85

So is the feat who can leave pretty trails of light behind them in the sky as they fly? Then agreed, none of the characters named so far can do it (not even the Flashes, as they can't fly).

Maybe The Ray? Spectrum? GL? Those guys can fly and create pretty light trails. Otherwise, the text is clear. Basing your judgement off art is like saying Frank Miller's Batman is the strongest Batman because he's drawn more muscly.

Silly.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 08:22 AM