KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who can repeat????

Who can repeat????
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Wouldn't say it's contradicting since it was outright said on panel.

I looked at the four pages you posted. I didn't see them say what you said. Mind showing me?

And it's still contradictory. You can't have exponential growth while still being in milliseconds.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 10:44 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

Originally posted by -Pr-
I looked at the four pages you posted. I didn't see them say what you said. Mind showing me?

And it's still contradictory. You can't have exponential growth while still being in milliseconds.

Well, you can. It's just that for small t, exponential growth is pretty much indistinguishable from linear growth: exp(t) ≈ 1 + t (for small t).

Example. For t = 0.001 we have:
exp(0.001) = 1.0010005...
1 + 0.001 = 1.001
(Almost the same.)

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 11:16 AM
Magnon is online now! Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Magnon
Well, you can. It's just that for small t, exponential growth is pretty much indistinguishable from linear growth: exp(t) ≈ 1 + t (for small t).

Example. For t = 0.001 we have:
exp(0.001) = 1.0010005...
1 + 0.001 = 1.001
(Almost the same.)

You and your semantics.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 11:36 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Re: Re: Re: Who can repeat????

Them leaving trails of light after their movements puts this above microseconds though. It's 100% above light speed because one of the contestants in this battle was using his maximum speed (light speed) and the other 2 were accelerating past that.

And yet we have a time frame that doesn't help your case. Unless light is just slow there.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 12:41 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Relying on art alone is too dangerous.

Here, Hal Jordan is explicitly at the speed of sound (ok, slightly above, as he breaks the sound barrier). Note the light trail.

(please log in to view the image).

So if I edited the words out, and we just looked at the pictures, as per the logic used, him leaving a light trail would mean he's superfast. But he isn't (not relative to comics, anyway).

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 02:55 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

If leaving a light trail means lightspeed, Cannonball just got a massive upgrade

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 03:30 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

More like Cannon...Lightball, am I right?

It's why Hal's nickname is "Highball". His speed is very high. How high? Nobody knows.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 03:37 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Philosophía
More like Cannon...Lightball, am I right?

It's why Hal's nickname is "Highball". His speed is very high. How high? Nobody knows.

As fast as the Batwing, where you can clearly see a lighttrail behind it:

(please log in to view the image)

Superman may also be capable of lightspeed; tbh, I don't know because he has no light trails behind him. But the Batwing is DEFINITELY lightspeed here, though.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 04:33 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

You all probably need to read the scan, lmao. You're trying waaaayyyy to hard without looking at the details of what is going on. Most of you, I've seen better....

https://ibb.co/JRwRXTp

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 04:38 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

You all probably need to read the scan, lmao. You're trying waaaayyyy to hard without looking at the details of what is going on. Most of you, I've seen better....

So you tell me how fast it was, with proof. Light trails are not proof, as I have clearly shown just going over the speed of sound is enough to create a trail.

At the very best, it's h1's microsecond level feat - which means Thor can replicate it. At best.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 04:40 PM
carver9

Instead of calling it trails, I would call it beams of light since that is obviously what it is. DENSE beams of light. These are beams of light created after their movement. Nothing in those wack mentionings, Cannonball leaving TRAILS from his blast or Superman flying around leaving images is anything close to what I've shown. They were mentioned leaving beams of LIGHT after their movement. DENSE beams of light. Try harder.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 04:44 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

The feat isn’t leaving a light trail. The feat is moving fast enough so that the light trails all overlap before fading (all while fighting).

That sounds fast but is unquantifiable on its own. How long does a fictional light trail last in the sky? Is it instant or more like a firework? Nobody knows because it only exists in sci fi…

…except, as Darksaint laid out, the scans tell us that the light trails last milliseconds at least. So it’s a massive zigzagging fight across the sky over the course of milliseconds.

What in the scan contradicts that?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 04:46 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Instead of calling it trails, I would call it beams of light since that is obviously what it is. DENSE beams of light. These are beams of light created after their movement. Nothing in those wack mentionings, Cannonball leaving TRAILS from his blast or Superman flying around leaving images is anything close to what I've shown. They were mentioned leaving beams of LIGHT after their movement. DENSE beams of light. Try harder.

Carver, you do know GL's powers are also light-based right?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 04:47 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So what is behind supersonic Hal Jordan? What is that green stuff when he hits the speed of sound? Let me know.

Originally posted by Smurph
The feat isn’t leaving a light trail. The feat is moving fast enough so that the light trails all overlap before fading (all while fighting).

That sounds fast but is unquantifiable on its own. How long does a fictional light trail last in the sky? Is it instant or more like a firework? Nobody knows because it only exists in sci fi…

…except, as Darksaint laid out, the scans tell us that the light trails last milliseconds at least. So it’s a massive zigzagging fight across the sky over the course of milliseconds.

What in the scan contradicts that?

This. Whatever your attempt at highballing, the scan is clear - the entire operation takes place over the timeframe of milliseconds. Funky art, sure, and it looks cool - but the scan is clear cut.

Thor Slowdinson replicates it handily.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 04:47 PM
carver9

"Leaving beams of light". Not leaving trails. I think theirs a difference in both.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 04:49 PM
carver9

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Carver, you do know GL's powers are also light-based right?

Yes. Please let me know what is your point.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 04:50 PM
carver9

Dark is obviously trolling, lmao. Guess I don't need to respond to him on this.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 04:51 PM
DarkSaint85

"Leaving beams of light". Not leaving trails. I think theirs a difference in both.

You are getting confused.

I am NOT using things like, say, Mjolnir:

That's a trail. I am NOT using it.

I am using LIGHT BEAMS. GL's, specifically, at supersonic speeds:

You're confused. Had I used Mjolnir in the above scan, you'd have a point. But I didn't.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 04:52 PM
carver9

The Mjlonir scan, is that hard, dense, light beams?

GL attacks ARE made of light. We have beings that are PHYSICALLY creating light from their movements, LIGHT from their movement. Light BEAMS from their movement. They do not have energy attacks, none of that. They are simply moving so fast that light BEAMS from their movements are being generated. None of your scans apply.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 04:55 PM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Green Lanterns are also light-based

https://ibb.co/0myfcrW

Also, Their beams are defined as lightspeed FYI

https://ibb.co/yy6Fb0L
https://ibb.co/D9q8hQn

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 04:56 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote