KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Elon Musk should be the last person to control Twitter, but now he does!

Elon Musk should be the last person to control Twitter, but now he does!
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Elon Musk should be the last person to control Twitter

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...stile-takeover/

Thank you for making my point, trolls. There is way too much nonsense online — too much name-calling, too much dishonesty, too many conspiracy theories. And there is a disturbing tendency for online flash mobs to create an echo chamber of crackpot opinions.

Last edited by Impediment on Apr 23rd, 2022 at 12:19 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 11:07 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: Elon Musk should be the last person to control Twatter.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...stile-takeover/

Thank you for making my point, trolls. There is way too much nonsense online — too much name-calling, too much dishonesty, too many conspiracy theories. And there is a disturbing tendency for online flash mobs to create an echo chamber of crackpot opinions.

And who gets to decide whats what? What stops legitimate speech being wrongly lableled as these things, and squashed?

You realize one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist. Asking for censored speech is asking for biased judgements.

Let people say what they want, and let people decide for themselves whats relevent.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 11:14 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote:
I woke up Thursday morning to the news that Elon Musk, the world’s richest troll, wants to buy Twitter, one of the world’s most influential social media platforms. So I went on Twitter and wrote: “I am frightened by the impact on society and politics if Elon Musk acquires Twitter. He seems to believe that on social media anything goes. For democracy to survive, we need more content moderation, not less.”

The hyperbolic reaction was a sight to behold. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), who had one of her Twitter accounts permanently suspended for spreading covid-19 misinformation, tweeted: “Kill freedom of speech to save democracy? Say you’re a communist.” Should I be worried that she might send the gazpacho police after me?

The only disagreement among the trolls seemed to be whether I’m promoting communism or “FASCISM.” “Democracy requires attacks on the culture of free speech, more authoritarianism, says WP guy,” sneered Federalist editor Mollie Hemingway, who had recently insinuated that Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) was pro-pedophile for voting to confirm Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court. “More censorship for US geopolitical interest?” tweeted a columnist for China Daily, the propaganda organ of a state that has some of the most extensive censorship in the world.

He's literally complaining about mean words on the internet.

And every single example he gave has kernals of truth. Sounds like he needs to grow a thicker skin, or avoid social media. Don't call for moderation because you can dish it out but not take it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 11:23 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Two triggered posts in a row Cd, can you do a third laughing out loud

4D performance art!

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly! rock

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on Apr 22nd, 2022 at 11:27 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 11:25 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Regarding Musk, I'm more interested in whether or not he got compensated for by US goverment for all those trucks full of Starlink terminals he's delivered to Ukraine.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 11:28 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Regarding Musk, I'm more interested in whether or not he got compensated for by US goverment for all those trucks full of Starlink terminals he's delivered to Ukraine.

You mean like in a war profiteering way?

I don't believe SpaceX was lying about donations, but there's probably some mix of purchases and donations.

Good Pr for the US to pay for some, after all.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 12:36 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The only good that could come from Musk owning Twitter is if that shitshow finally burns to the ****ing ground.

Otherwise, no, he shouldn't own it. He's a tool.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 01:00 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Twitter was a fun way to text your friends without using your phone bill, but it destroys the point if all your friends and followers can see your tweets and your details.

At least here we're anonymous.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 01:29 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
The only good that could come from Musk owning Twitter is if that shitshow finally burns to the ****ing ground.

Otherwise, no, he shouldn't own it. He's a tool.

He's an egomaniac for sure.

Kind of par for the course with these moguls though. Steve Jobs infamously asked prospects if they were virgin's, feet propped up on the table.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 01:37 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
He's an egomaniac for sure.

Kind of par for the course with these moguls though. Steve Jobs infamously asked prospects if they were virgin's, feet propped up on the table.
Why did Bill Gates's wife divorce him?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 02:05 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Why did Bill Gates's wife divorce him?

Dunno. Doubt we'll ever really know, they both kept it pretty close to the chest.

Doubt it's his fault or her fault, or really anyone's fault. It's just one of those things that could happen to anyone, and you either get crushed by it or move on.

They chose to move on, so best wishes to them.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 03:13 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 03:20 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Never used Twitter, never plan too, so don't really care of Musk ends up owning it and turning it into some complete shitshow because he's read too many mean tweets and his fragile ego can't handle it.

But I would laugh if the douichebag isn't allowed to have the new toy he so sorely wants, on that merit alone.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 03:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by cdtm
You mean like in a war profiteering way?

I don't believe SpaceX was lying about donations, but there's probably some mix of purchases and donations.

Good Pr for the US to pay for some, after all.

War-profiteering is too strong of a word and not adequate here.

I mean the recent articles about it:

U.S. quietly paying millions to send Starlink terminals to Ukraine, contrary to SpaceX claims

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 03:37 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

If Elon is willing to turn Twitter into a radical free speech, anything-goes kind of platform, then I sincerely hope he gets his way.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 04:33 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
War-profiteering is too strong of a word and not adequate here.

I mean the recent articles about it:

U.S. quietly paying millions to send Starlink terminals to Ukraine, contrary to SpaceX claims

Seems there's some level of donation from Musk going on, but they made it seem like it was full on donations initially. Wouldn't be surprised if the true levels of donation keeps dropping the more people dig.

Musk is ranked as the wealthiest person on the planet, he could easily afford to float this entirely and he wouldn't feel it one bit, and it would help to boost his image.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 04:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Robtard
Seems there's some level of donation from Musk going on, but they made it seem like it was full on donations initially. Wouldn't be surprised if the true levels of donation keeps dropping the more people dig.

Musk is ranked as the wealthiest person on the planet, he could easily afford to float this entirely and he wouldn't feel it one bit, and it would help to boost his image.

He's only wealthy is the same way that Elizabeth Holmes was wealthy. Via the ridiculously inflated valuations of his companies. Most of his ideas have been complete trash. The Boring Company, Hyperloop, Starlink, Neuralink, Tesla Solar Roofs...none of them even come close to competing with their peers or are just not viable technologies.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 04:59 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
He's only wealthy is the same way that Elizabeth Holmes was wealthy. Via the ridiculously inflated valuations of his companies. Most of his ideas have been complete trash. The Boring Company, Hyperloop, Starlink, Neuralink, Tesla Solar Roofs...none of them even come close to competing with their peers or are just not viable technologies.

He's still frikken uber wealthy though, even if it's not the estimated 270+ bil.

He's pretty safe with electric cars, as that's the automotive future, at least for personal cars. Though gas/petrol isn't going away, just be used less and less.

I hadn't heard his solar panels were subpar? I actually thought the opposite, as you hear nothing but good news about his house batteries and those are connected with the solar panels. My knowledge is probably outdated here.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 05:44 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I was there when it started - Ukrainian minister tweeting his requests to Musk, Musk replying, delivering the goods, then delivering them again...

But the most recent news kinda make it look pre-organized or not nearly as generous as it seemed to be.

Still, even if he was getting paid from the beginning, that sort of involvement is better than Jeff Bezos and his Amazon, which did a whole lot of nothing. Took them a good while to suspend their activities in Russian Federation as well, if memory serves.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 05:46 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

He's still frikken uber wealthy though, even if it's not the estimated 270+ bil.

He's pretty safe with electric cars, as that's the automotive future, at least for personal cars. Though gas/petrol isn't going away, just be used less and less.

I hadn't heard his solar panels were subpar? I actually thought the opposite, as you hear nothing but good news about his house batteries and those are connected with the solar panels. My knowledge is probably outdated here.

Tesla has never made money from cars. Its made money selling carbon credits to other car makers but without that and its hundred million from bitcoin it would lose about 200m a year.

Their solar roofs are shit compared to insulation and normal solar panels. They actually used as a selling point that during a snow storm the only house in the neighbourhood that had a tesla roof was the only house that the snow had melted off the roof...showing that their roofs were horrendous at insulating the house.

Their tesla semis will never happen. Huge numbers of people have already paid for a tesla truck they'll never receive.

He just brain farts too much crap out into the world that he has zero understanding of. Eventually he comes to a realisation and then allows other people to waste their money on his shitty ideas which is why he "open sourced" hyperloop. Because he finally realised that making vacuum tubes hundreds of miles long is just impossible.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2022 06:14 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote