KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Top Gun: Maverick

Top Gun: Maverick
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Because this is God's country.
You guys invented penicillin, the bicycle, the Kelvin unit of measurement and racism.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 25th, 2022 10:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by roughrider
I just can't think of the first movie without thinking of Quentin Tarantino's hilarious deconstructionist rant about it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdqmDjdqhZP/

^^^I’d forgotten all about this!

Tell you what though I watched the Top Gun volleyball scene more times than most ppl watch the pool scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. yes

Old Post May 25th, 2022 10:55 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Twas good

Far more action packed But missing the “romance” of the first.

Old Post May 28th, 2022 02:41 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Film is amazing. Better than the original.

Old Post May 28th, 2022 07:59 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Movie of the year. Tremendous stuff. Exactly the right amount of nostalgia and cheese. Great new characters, great chemistry. Proper shameless, feel-good ending. 10/10. Loved it.

Pretty much this^

Though not sure about "movie of the year", have to think about it, but this was much, much better than expected.

Found myself surprised how much the story kept me sucked in. The camera shots with the camera on or inside the jets were some of the best, if not the best. Highly recommend.

Old Post May 29th, 2022 04:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Twas good

^^^YES!!!

Originally posted by Darth Thor

… missing the “romance” of the first.

^^^i was hoping Maverick and Iceman would finally just get together.

Old Post May 29th, 2022 05:07 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Loved it
The flight scenes were great and the sound design was killer too

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 30th, 2022 04:51 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I was surprised by the great reviews, so I checked it out yesterday. It's really good, despite becoming pretty predictable by the end.

So, I'm eating a bit of crow this morning. big grin

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 6th, 2022 11:12 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Haven't seen yet, but hope it doesn't go down the path of deconstructing the "fly by the seat of your pants" archtype.

I don't want to hear why Captain Kirk was never good.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2022 02:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Thats a little deep! eek!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2022 04:21 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superb film 9/10

Old Post Jun 13th, 2022 08:08 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Movie of the year. Tremendous stuff. Exactly the right amount of nostalgia and cheese. Great new characters, great chemistry. Proper shameless, feel-good ending. 10/10. Loved it.
missed this, agree 100% I'm going from my initial 9/10 to 10/10. thumb up

Old Post Jun 15th, 2022 09:26 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Loved this movie, even looked past the fact that the climax mission is an actual copy/paste of the Death Star run in ANH 😂😂😂 9/10 for me

P.S. Make sure you see this one in the D-Box seats!! worth the price of admission!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2022 09:56 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by relentless1
Loved this movie, even looked past the fact that the climax mission is an actual copy/paste of the Death Star run in ANH 😂😂😂 9/10 for me

P.S. Make sure you see this one in the D-Box seats!! worth the price of admission!
yeah, I loved that too. Was superb laughing out loud thumb up

Old Post Jun 16th, 2022 02:41 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Went to the drive-in for this one, lots of fun. Good crowd to enjoy it with. Also really enjoy the way they utilized Val Kilmer

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 16th, 2022 02:48 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Originally posted by Impediment
Confession: I’m 42 and I’ve never seen the original.

Blasphemy!

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2022 01:52 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

this movie is a box office juggernaut, almost 800 million

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 17th, 2022 02:33 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is this the most important film since Iro Man, the one that shows it doesn't have to be films about Fast Cars and Family or Superhero films with three fights, two which the hero/heroes usuall now as it's all about the "team up" win to be successful?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2022 10:42 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Top Gun's going to break the billion dollar mark most likely.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2022 03:54 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Lol...

Old Post Sep 12th, 2022 06:30 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote