KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Black Phone (2022)

The Black Phone (2022)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The Black Phone (2022)

This is getting good reviews so far...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2022 03:37 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

If bad shit happens when you pick up the phone, why pick up the f**king phone? White people, amirite!?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 14th, 2022 05:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

To be honest I haven't even watched the trailer, just have heard good things.

Might just wait and see without watching the trailer.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2022 06:25 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I’m very excited about this one. Joe Hill’s books have been hit or miss with me but I listened to an interview with the director Scott Derrickson and he pleaded a great case for the flick

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 15th, 2022 10:38 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quincy
I’m very excited about this one. Joe Hill’s books have been hit or miss with me but I listened to an interview with the director Scott Derrickson and he pleaded a great case for the flick

I’ve enjoyed Hill’s books. He has a really fun engaging style.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2022 11:50 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

I though it was ok.

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 06:46 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Estacado
I though it was ok.

That's it? That's your review?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 07:37 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

is this worth watching

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 27th, 2022 03:19 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

8/10

It was entertaining as serial killer movies go. Very comparable to the movie, Lovely Bones. Not enough carnage, not enough supernatural, but just enough to get you by.

No spoilers. I wouldn't consider this a horror movie, more of a timid thriller. Something you'd watch while eating dinner but not watch twice.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2022 03:56 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I watched this. It's really good. The supernatural stuff turned me off at first, but by the end I wasn't too bothered by it. I think you can attribute it to trauma hallucinations or something.

I found the relationship between the brother and sister very charming. Maybe it helps that I have two kids and it reminded me of them a little.

Solid film. I also give it 8/10. But a less mediocre recommendation than rudester.. haha. Maybe 8-9/10. It's very well done.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2022 11:54 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Might watch next week

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 17th, 2022 02:59 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

The villain is cringe.

"I'll scratch your face."

"This face? -Basks-"

Nah man that just turned me off to the movie lol.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 17th, 2022 04:40 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

The whole ending was stupid as phuck....

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the loser of the class who is getting his ass kicked by 14 year olds is gonna Man up and kill a serial killer with a phuckin phone just cause his Ghost buddy taught him a 3 move combo under 1 minute...

The plot is predictible the villain is more like a weirdo than an actual scary guy....

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2022 09:48 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The whole ending was stupid as phuck....

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the loser of the class who is getting his ass kicked by 14 year olds is gonna Man up and kill a serial killer with a phuckin phone just cause his Ghost buddy taught him a 3 move combo under 1 minute...

The plot is predictible the villain is more like a weirdo than an actual scary guy....

The villain [SPOILER - highlight to read]: preyed on kids with machismo and teenage angst. And if I remember correctly the kid had an episode where he actually did fight back a bit and took a beating pretty well, too. And the boy used more ingenuity than just the fighting lesson.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2022 12:34 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Hawke 1 shot ko'd him easily [SPOILER - highlight to read]: when he eascaped the house but got caught by him

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2022 01:02 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thought this was okay overall, but wasn't a fan of the ending.

Also wish they would have explained the supernatural element here a bit more. Like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: how the dead kids were able to call the black phone in the first place? And why The Grabber didn't just rip the phone out of the wall, since he could also hear it ringing and whatnot?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 17th, 2022 at 02:23 PM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2022 02:12 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hakimziyech

topstreamingsites com is a detailed review site of the best movies sites. You can refer to it for more information

Last edited by hakimziyech on Jul 19th, 2022 at 04:19 AM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2022 04:09 AM
hakimziyech is currently offline Click here to Send hakimziyech a Private Message Find more posts by hakimziyech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I though it was ok.

Themes are boring...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2022 10:02 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good film.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2022 10:04 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I watched this. It's really good. The supernatural stuff turned me off at first, but by the end I wasn't too bothered by it. I think you can attribute it to trauma hallucinations or something.

I found the relationship between the brother and sister very charming. Maybe it helps that I have two kids and it reminded me of them a little.

Solid film. I also give it 8/10. Maybe 8-9/10. It's very well done.

^^^I’m of like mind.
I was 10 in ‘78 so appreciated them capturing that mood in terms of the clothes, cars, conversations etc.
All the kids put in really good performances. I liked how each of them were [SPOILER - highlight to read]: shown to have different personalities as spirits. The Vance Hopper spirit especially; he really didn’t care about Finn he just wanted the grabber to pay, and displayed some good poltergeist potential if he’d never been found and put to rest..
For not having a lot to do, both Finn’s dad and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the grabber’s brother we’re pretty memorable to me. The dad actually had a tragic backstory and the brother’s of shit moment was funny af..
I was cool w. the police being shown to REALLY want to solve the abductions to the point where they followed up on even the kookiest of leads, just in case.

Oh, and an $8 bottle of vodka in ‘78 is nearly $40 now, so I’d have been pissed, too!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2022 10:24 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote