KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games that would make for great movies?

Games that would make for great movies?
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Games that would make for great movies?

Are there any games that have ever come out that you believe would make for a great movie if done properly?

I would personally love to see an X-Com live action movie. The franchise would likely be as big as the Terminator movies, if not bigger.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2022 07:05 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I could go for a X-Com movie...that would be neat.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2022 11:09 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Dead Space
Ghost of Tsushima
Red Dead Redemption 2
God of War

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 01:04 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

God of War would be awesome if it Will have a movie... I'd say:
SoulsBorne movies (it could be from Dark Souls, Bloodborne or whatever)
Metal Gear Solid
Yakuza (the new one)
Dying Light(?) Idk if that one would be good but i just want to see it anw
Sniper Elite

Old Post Sep 12th, 2022 12:55 AM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Plenty of games would but its Hollywood that loves to try to change elements of the story to try and improve it

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dante158

Yakuza (the new one)

There already is a Yakuza movie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Like_a_Dragon

Old Post Sep 12th, 2022 02:17 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

There is a always a problem with video games and movies.

Some would clearly translate well.....But most would not...and it's because games reference movies for inspiration.

Just look at Uncharted movie...a movie using source material from a game that uses source material from Indiana Jones. What's the point.

Probably the reason why there isn't a movie based on Rockstar properties. What...they are going to make a Red Dead movie....when that game clearly takes homage on every single Western...haha.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2022 04:13 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Smasandian
There is a always a problem with video games and movies.

Some would clearly translate well.....But most would not...and it's because games reference movies for inspiration.

Just look at Uncharted movie...a movie using source material from a game that uses source material from Indiana Jones. What's the point.

Probably the reason why there isn't a movie based on Rockstar properties. What...they are going to make a Red Dead movie....when that game clearly takes homage on every single Western...haha.
Not every game isn't a shitty Naughty Dog game like Uncharted or Last of Us though.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2022 05:02 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Sleeping Dogs
Alan Wake
LA Noire

Old Post Sep 12th, 2022 06:09 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by NemeBro
Not every game isn't a shitty Naughty Dog game like Uncharted or Last of Us though.

That's why I said some would clearly translate well.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2022 11:05 PM
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

How about Gears of War movie? It'd actually like to see that as well as a Dying Light & Soulsborne movie

Originally posted by Kazenji

There already is a Yakuza movie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Like_a_Dragon

Actually, they will make another Yakuza movie at the honest (idk if it's true but i saw the rumour anw)

Edit: If the rumour was false, I'd say a reboot one(well kind of like that tbh)

Last edited by Dante158 on Sep 14th, 2022 at 09:16 AM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2022 09:13 AM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Bioforge.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2022 02:59 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Dante158
How about Gears of War movie? It'd actually like to see that as well as a Dying Light & Soulsborne movie

Actually, they will make another Yakuza movie at the honest (idk if it's true but i saw the rumour anw)

Edit: If the rumour was false, I'd say a reboot one(well kind of like that tbh)

I think Gears of War could work....the series is not really based on a movie property, the Gears universe is unique and not based on real life....yeah, it could be a thing.

Movie...or TV show....

Old Post Sep 19th, 2022 07:41 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Impediment
Dead Space
Ghost of Tsushima
Red Dead Redemption 2
God of War

Agree with all of these. Along with most of the others mentioned in the thread.

Not a movie, but I think Mass Effect could make an outstanding television series. All the components are there, it would just have to be given a large enough budget, or animated. Amazon is apparently working on this already, so hope it turns out ok.

Dragon Age could also make a good series.

I think the first Gears of War could translate well to a movie.

Wolfenstein.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2022 11:51 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Mass Effect would translate as a good TV show...though I don't know why a company would do it....it will never live up to anybody expectations and just going to create a toxic cloud of shit around it. No matter if its good or not.

First season ends with the Noveria (or even Virmire)
Second season ends with final boss fight in ME1 plus Cerberus stuff.
Third season ends with Collector Ship part 1.
Fourth season ends with Suicide Mission with Liar of the Shadow Broker dlc...maybe.
Fifth, Sixth and maybe even 7 deals with Mass Effect 3.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2022 01:40 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Prey (2006)
Left 4 Dead
Shantae as an animated tv series

I know we have two Doom movies but we really need one in first person and actually having, y'know, Doomguy?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2022 02:28 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

I think another Resident Evil movie based on the 4th one could work tbh since the Netflix one was sucked, idk but i think it's just a matter that i'd like to see the real life La Plaga in a movie.

Wolfenstein(?), Idk if that could work but we'll figure about it
Any kind of Tom Clancy's based games' movie (but mostly give Splinter Cell or Ghost Recon movie tho)
InFamous
Just Cause
Crysis

Herm... Idk what else more...

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Prey (2006)
Left 4 Dead

I know we have two Doom movies but we really need one in first person and actually having, y'know, Doomguy?

Agreed, since the two Doom movies didn't met the expectations that much tho

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2022 07:35 AM
cdtm

I've got a good one:

Enslaved.

Game has mad potential for a full movie.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2022 05:55 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Prey (2006)
Left 4 Dead

Best Doom movie was probably Army of Darkness. smile

Because that's how a Doom movie should go, badass normal rips though hordes with his boom stick.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2022 05:57 PM