KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Weakest Marvel or DC character that can physically beat Bang

Weakest Marvel or DC character that can physically beat Bang
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smurph
It probably sticks out in my memory because Flashy Flash is such a stupid name

but maybe it’s just not my genre

Don't worry. Even Carv's scans aren't consistent in his naming - would you be a fan if he were called The Recurring Fleeting Flash?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2022 09:34 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

He's really not that impressive. Proxima Midnight if all powers are in play could beat him and Ronan if it's physicals only

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2022 10:59 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Re: Weakest Marvel or DC character that can physically beat Bang

Originally posted by carver9
Who's the weakest person that can physically heat bang?

Physical, hand 2 hand combat. No gimmicks.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2022 12:20 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

midnighter door him into sun

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2022 02:32 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Fascinating. Carver's proof that Flashy Flash is FTL isn't even consistent.

This is what he used last time:

(please log in to view the image)

Now he's using this translation:

Very different wording. One says Flashy Flash himself is FTL, the other says the flashes he shoots are FTL.

Is Hal Jordan, on his own, no ring, FTL? Answers, please.
lolol

the first is definitely some sort of translated version of the second.“Recurring” is a weirdly loose synonym for “countless”, “fleeting” for “momentary” etc

Carv, how can we rely on statement evidence when the statement is poorly translated garbage?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 03:22 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Peerlessly sharp... delicious

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 03:37 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Very different wording. One says Flashy Flash himself is FTL, the other says the flashes he shoots are FTL.

Is Hal Jordan, on his own, no ring, FTL? Answers, please.

Flashy Flash as far as I know doesn't "shoot" anything; all of his attacks are punches, kicks, and sword slashes. The "flashes" in this context are completely physical attacks. I haven't read much of later OPM but I'm pretty sure this is the case. Maybe someone who is more up to date has something indicating otherwise?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 05:02 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by NemeBro
Flashy Flash as far as I know doesn't "shoot" anything; all of his attacks are punches, kicks, and sword slashes. The "flashes" in this context are completely physical attacks. I haven't read much of later OPM but I'm pretty sure this is the case. Maybe someone who is more up to date has something indicating otherwise?

Carver-sama is translating as we speak.

Look, the forum has enough issues with English as it is - infinite crossroads, cleaving to Galactus ' ship, juggling suns, bring carried at lightspeed - without the added complication of a completely different language. I didn't even have to look hard for those two scans; they're both posted by Carv.

As it stands, it's his only proof Flashimologocal Flashitude (or whatever his name is) is supposedly FTL. It's shit proof, and shit logic is then being used (i.e. power scaling) to make Bang MFTL.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 06:06 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

I think the only confirmed lightspeed / near-lightspeed feat in the OPM manga is when Saitama was facing away from a mirror and then turned around so fast that he could still see the back of his head in the mirror. Flashy Flash has tried to tag / hit / outrun Saitama on multiple occasions but has been utterly humiliated every time.

Bang was able to avoid being hit by an angry Saitama, though, which is quite impressive:

https://youtu.be/XvPb32oIN4g?t=58

Last edited by Magnon on Jul 4th, 2022 at 06:37 AM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 06:28 AM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Magnon
I think the only confirmed lightspeed / near-lightspeed feat in the OPM manga is when Saitama was facing away from a mirror and then turned around so fast that he could still see the back of his head in the mirror. Flashy Flash has tried to tag / hit / outrun Saitama on multiple occasions but has been utterly humiliated every time.

Bang was able to avoid being hit by an angry Saitama, though, which is quite impressive:

So has that mosquito. No, not the mosquito lady, the actual mosquito.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 06:40 AM
Magnon

True, the mosquito was quite impressive. Much more so than the mosquito lady who almost destroyed a whole city (and Genos) but didn't pose any challenge to Saitama.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 06:44 AM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Which has never been said to have been any different to real world mosquitoes. So we don't give it special attributes.

Just like if Wolverine lifts a car in comics - we don't say Marvel cars are made of superlight alloys and weigh 10kg, we say Logan is strong.

If Saitama is fast enough to turn around and see the back of his head in a mirror, we don't say that mirror was special, or the speed of light is slower or anything like that.

And so, we don't say that mosquito is special.

Moreover, we don't powerscale. Deathstroke has hit Flash before. We don't give him Wally's fastest feats.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 06:48 AM
Magnon

So? Saitama is lightspeed fast, or at the very least nearly so, and strong enough to destroy a planet or more. His struggle against the mosquito clearly showed him moving faster than the eye can see and his attacks shook the entire neighborhood. Either the mosquito had massive levels of superspeed and durability, or Saitama's attacks (even the air pressure) just magically happened to miss the mosquito. We don't know which. But in the Bang "fight", we can clearly see that "magical miss" was not the case there; instead, Bang simply avoided Saitama's hit using superspeed. As a master martial artist he can read his opponents body language and intentions so this doesn't mean he's faster than Saitama. But ridiculously fast, nevertheless.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 07:02 AM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

I would say this depends on how much do we scale Bang from this fight.

Anime/Manga are more consistant than comics but even then the power scaling issue still doesn't completely disappear

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 07:10 AM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So? Saitama is lightspeed fast, or at the very least nearly so, and strong enough to destroy a planet or more. His struggle against the mosquito clearly showed him moving faster than the eye can see and his attacks shook the entire neighborhood. Either the mosquito had massive levels of superspeed and durability, or Saitama's attacks (even the air pressure) just magically happened to miss the mosquito. We don't know which. But in the Bang "fight", we can clearly see that "magical miss" was not the case there; instead, Bang simply avoided Saitama's hit using superspeed. As a master martial artist he can read his opponents body language and intentions so this doesn't mean he's faster than Saitama. But ridiculously fast, nevertheless.

Or Saitama was holding back (as he always does) - without saying his special attacks ('Normal punch'), he's not doing anything out of the ordinary for him.

Morever, your statements are contradictory. You say Bang avoided them with superspeed - then said he used body reading etc. The two aren't necessarily compatible, to the point it is frankly, unusable.

And that again, presupposes power scaling. Deathstroke has tagged Wally, Wally who is faster than sound, light, the Speedforce itself - as per your 'logic', Deathstroke is either faster than that, or has body reading skills enabling him to hit Wally. Doesn't mean he's faster than Flash, but ridiculously fast, nevertheless. How fast is Deathstroke? Batman? Weather Wizard (and all of Flash's human level rogues)?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 07:17 AM
Magnon

Or Saitama was holding back (as he always does) - without saying his special attacks ('Normal punch'), he's not doing anything out of the ordinary for him.

Morever, your statements are contradictory. You say Bang avoided them with superspeed - then said he used body reading etc. The two aren't necessarily compatible, to the point it is frankly, unusable.

And that again, presupposes power scaling. Deathstroke has tagged Wally, Wally who is faster than sound, light, the Speedforce itself - as per your 'logic', Deathstroke is either faster than that, or has body reading skills enabling him to hit Wally. Doesn't mean he's faster than Flash, but ridiculously fast, nevertheless. How fast is Deathstroke? Batman? Weather Wizard (and all of Flash's human level rogues)?

The depiction shows movement faster than the eye can see. You can stubbornly ignore that if you want but anyone else can check the scenes and verify this themselves.

I'm not using power scaling. I'm not giving Flashy Flash's feats to Bang. I'm giving Bang's feats to Bang.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 07:21 AM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
I would say this depends on how much do we scale Bang from this fight.

Anime/Manga are more consistant than comics but even then the power scaling issue still doesn't completely disappear

Pretty much.

Since BFR and power scaling are on:

Magik chops his head off. Who wants to go scan for scan with me on Mjolnir's top speed feats? Thor looks angry there, looks serious there.

Spot is faster than Spiderman's BEST RIGHT. Spiderman, as Carver says:
Originally posted by carver9
Nice bullet catch. Spiderman was dodging attacks that was coming at him at light speed. He also see bullets in slow motion. As if they are standing still when shot.

So Spiderman is FTL. Spot is MFTL, then.

Spot chops Bang's head off (that's Bucky, btw):

Or just BFRs him. Now that we are on Page 3.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 07:21 AM
DarkSaint85

The depiction shows movement faster than the eye can see. You can stubbornly ignore that if you want but anyone else can check the scenes and verify this themselves.

I'm not using power scaling. I'm not giving Flashy Flash's feats to Bang. I'm giving Bang's feats to Bang.

You are giving Saitama's feats to Bang, lol. Let's quote you, and let me add my sentence. Spot the difference!

"I think the only confirmed speed feat in the Flash Forward storyline is when Wally West is faster than the Speedforce. WW has tried to tag/hit/outrun WW on multiple occasions but has been utterly humiliated every time.

Batman/Deathstroke was able to hit an angry Flash, though, which is quite impressive".

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 07:27 AM
Magnon

Well, if we indeed *do* use power scaling, then Bang *is* MFTL *and* can read his opponent's body language and intentions. He'd stomp Magik and Spot and Spider-Man with ease in a physical fight.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 07:27 AM
DarkSaint85

Well, if we indeed *do* use power scaling, then Bang *is* MFTL *and* can read his opponent's body language and intentions. He'd stomp Magik and Spot and Spider-Man with ease in a physical fight.

But how can he read Magik if she is in another Dimension? Spot? Does he have dimensional reading powers that I, as a massive fan of the OPM manga AND anime, do not know about?

Edit: nearly missed this. No, with powerscaling on (which you are trying to now twist onto me), Spidey would annihilate Bang.

FTR, I am NOT saying powerscaling is on. Bang's feats are his own, and we look at them on their own two feat. Does he have any clearcut speed feats (with numbers) to suggest he can tangle with even low level speedsters?

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Jul 4th, 2022 at 07:36 AM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 07:30 AM