KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Two-Face vs Jigsaw

Two-Face vs Jigsaw
Started by: Alex_Ferrana

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alex_Ferrana

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The grenade Frank himself used. Jigsaw was right at the ground zero of it, as well. And tanked it better than Frank.

And Jigsaw had him dead to rights before and after the grenade explosion.

Frank is almost never at 100%. A feat is a feat. Especially since his opponent is Two-Face here, whose feat catalogue is sorely lacking as well. We need to work with what we've got.

Jigsaw also had the upper hand against Frank and was about to finish him in volume 3 issue 4 --- Daredevil saved the Punisher by disarming Jigsaw before he could pull the trigger.

Feat, but with context. Frank, IIRC, also was almost unarmed and he was focusing on saving Henry (jigsaw's son), and Frank took the grenade explosion worse because he already was worned out. Jigsaw was fresh and took it better, but was badly injured.

And I remember Vol. 3. Jigsaw was impersonating Frank there. Later Frank killed him, but Jigsaw later appeared to be alive. Same about Tombstone, who was captured and drowned by Frank in Punisher Vol. 3

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 05:50 PM
Alex_Ferrana is currently offline Click here to Send Alex_Ferrana a Private Message Find more posts by Alex_Ferrana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Alex_Ferrana
Feat, but with context. Frank, IIRC, also was almost unarmed and he was focusing on saving Henry (jigsaw's son), and Frank took the grenade explosion worse because he already was worned out. Jigsaw was fresh and took it better, but was badly injured.

And I remember Vol. 3. Jigsaw was impersonating Frank there. Later Frank killed him, but Jigsaw later appeared to be alive. Same about Tombstone, who was captured and drowned by Frank in Punisher Vol. 3

Nah, Jigsaw and Frank were both focused on killing each other. The knife throw almost hit Henry, so if anything Frank only endangered him. He did rescue him in the end, but only after Jigsaw fell to his "death".

Henry saved them from each other's projectiles, then it was pure hand-to-hand. The knife was Frank's and Jigsaw picked it up only after kicking the crap out of the Punisher.

Using the grenade was Frank's own choice. And unlike Jigsaw, he was wearing his kevlar suit.

I'm not arguing Jigsaw can get the majority over the Punisher. I just can't deny he does have some victories against him here and there.

And since we're debating Harvey and Billy here, we can't be very fussy, as they rarely get involved in single combat themselves. They have their henchmen and flunkies for that purpose.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 06:04 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alex_Ferrana

Nah, Jigsaw and Frank were both focused on killing each other. The knife throw almost hit Henry, so if anything Frank only endangered him. He did rescue him in the end, but only after Jigsaw fell to his "death".

Henry saved them from each other's projectiles, then it was pure hand-to-hand. The knife was Frank's and Jigsaw picked it up only after kicking the crap out of the Punisher.

Using the grenade was Frank's own choice. And unlike Jigsaw, he was wearing his kevlar suit.

I'm not arguing Jigsaw can get the majority over the Punisher. I just can't deny he does have some victories against him here and there.

And since we're debating Harvey and Billy here, we can't be very fussy, as they rarely get involved in single combat themselves. They have their henchmen and flunkies for that purpose.

Sometimes Jigsaw can get lucky. But Frank wins mostly.

Fair point. But I made it one on one fight because I prefer that type of combat.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 07:57 PM
Alex_Ferrana is currently offline Click here to Send Alex_Ferrana a Private Message Find more posts by Alex_Ferrana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Of course he does. Hero always beats his villain, in most cases. "Happy End" is a must, at least in Marvel and DC.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 11:13 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alex_Ferrana

Of course he does. Hero always beats his villain, in most cases. "Happy End" is a must, at least in Marvel and DC.

Heh, laws of the genre. Heroes win, villainw loses. And even if villainw wins, it's only temporarely.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 03:22 PM