KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » A-listers vs Z-lister

A-listers vs Z-lister
Started by: zopzop

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
Ding, ding, ding. This is exactly it. In the Zombie Apocalypse scenario, people are focusing too much on the zombies and not the battle-hardened cold-blooded killers that make up surviving humanity. None of the A-Listers are bulletproof or even knife proof. One lucky (unlucky) shot and it's over for them.

You're acting as if Titania was bona fide invulnerable... when she's anything but.

She literally developed a Spider-Man phobia.

High calibre rounds would most likely turn her into swiss cheese.

If this zombie apocalypse scenario is taking place in 'Murica, that means getting murdered faster than carver suffers another brain fart.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 08:15 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alex_Ferrana

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You're acting as if Titania was bona fide invulnerable... when she's anything but.

If this zombie apocalypse scenario is taking place in 'Murica, that means getting murdered faster than carver suffers another brain fart.

Is she really weak to high caliber bullets? She's bulletproof, IIRC.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 08:28 PM
Alex_Ferrana is currently offline Click here to Send Alex_Ferrana a Private Message Find more posts by Alex_Ferrana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

She got penetrated by puny needles made out of titanium.

That means high calibre rounds would fuck her up, yes.

Shrugging off small arms doesn't mean you're completely bulletproof, just resistant to a degree.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 08:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

You and I both know bullets, i.e. piercing damage, is treated differently to Spideypunches, i.e. blunt force.

Not saying she's suddenly Juggernaut in durability. But in an apocalyptic situation, the Spidey Sense would be going off 24/7 - I'd be a nervous wreck after a week (being generous). Sure, high caliber rounds MIGHT hurt me (I remember titanium needles piercing her skin in the recent Gamma Corps storyline), but it's going to have to be pretty exotic weaponry to harm me - on average, I'll be encountering zombies far more than high caliber weapons.

Certainly far more than titanium needles, lol.

Not to mention, I'll probably run out of web fluid after a week as well. At least with Titania level durability, I don't have to worry that much.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 08:35 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Plus a high caliber bullet won’t zombify you.

I chose Parker for the apocalypse for his mobility if I need to gather and hoard resources, and because if the world is ending I’d rather go out web swinging than just live on as an angry Conan lady.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 08:41 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Shrugging off small arms doesn't mean you're completely bulletproof, just resistant to a degree.

I remember that incident but IMHO that was a low showing for her durability.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 08:44 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

With my super strength, I'd be able to jump just as high. In a race, I might even be able to get to the moon thumb up

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 08:44 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You and I both know bullets, i.e. piercing damage, is treated differently to Spideypunches, i.e. blunt force.

Oh, it is.

No doubt about it.

Not saying she's suddenly Juggernaut in durability. But in an apocalyptic situation, the Spidey Sense would be going off 24/7 - I'd be a nervous wreck after a week (being generous). Sure, high caliber rounds MIGHT hurt me (I remember titanium needles piercing her skin in the recent Gamma Corps storyline), but it's going to have to be pretty exotic weaponry to harm me - on average, I'll be encountering zombies far more than high caliber weapons.

Agreed, more or less.

But if it's Murica, bro... just go to GDF and ask Imp what arsenal he has at home laughing out loud

That shit ain't even funny.

Certainly far more than titanium needles, lol.

Not to mention, I'll probably run out of web fluid after a week as well. At least with Titania level durability, I don't have to worry that much.

It's definitely true that the cool thing about Titania's powerset is how we wouldn't simply "run out" of it --- whereas Batman's gear is irreplaceable, same with the web fluid.

Hell, even Matt's billy clubs are pretty damn expensive and not something that can get fixed on the fly.

"Frank" is the only one who has it relatively easy, as with his experience & expertise, wouldn't be hard to scavenge some good stuff with the compatible ammo.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 08:47 PM
Smurph
------

Also, with his stats and super-senses, Parker would be way more efficient at killing zombies. Every shot a head shot, with my eyes closed.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 08:49 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

With my super strength, I'd be able to jump just as high. In a race, I might even be able to get to the moon thumb up

I think she has better jumping ability than he does. She flung She-Hulk miles across New York City into New Jersey, then got to her by super jumping the distance.
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

He does have better combat reflexes (obviously).

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 08:49 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Smurph
Also, with his stats and super-senses, Parker would be way more efficient at killing zombies. Every shot a head shot, with my eyes closed.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 08:51 PM
Alex_Ferrana

Interesting, I didn't knew about that.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 08:52 PM
Alex_Ferrana is currently offline Click here to Send Alex_Ferrana a Private Message Find more posts by Alex_Ferrana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

(please log in to view the image)

Yeah, he doesn’t use guns. But if he did, he’d be deadly.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 08:53 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah, he doesn’t use guns. But if he did, he’d be deadly.

Murdock would be.

Pete would just shoot his micropenis off and get hospitalized for a year.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 09:00 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Plus a high caliber bullet won’t zombify you.

I chose Parker for the apocalypse for his mobility if I need to gather and hoard resources, and because if the world is ending I’d rather go out web swinging than just live on as an angry Conan lady.

There's nothing like swinging through a death-ridden post apocalyptic city into the sunset. thumb up

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 09:02 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Murdock would be.

Matt would be dead from the smell, plus the constant moaning. Or at least, I would be with his abilities.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 09:04 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Stilt, I just double checked she was taken out by titanium needles fired by the upgraded Redeemer Armor. That thing was supposed to take on Hulk level threats (sure it failed but that's what it was designed for). He even took out Doc Samson with those needles.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 09:05 PM
Alex_Ferrana

Murdock would be.

Or he would shoot anywhere, but not into villain. Because of his no-kill rule.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 09:05 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by zopzop
Stilt, I just double checked she was taken out by titanium needles fired by the upgraded Redeemer Armor. That thing was supposed to take on Hulk level threats (sure it failed but that's what it was designed for). He even took out Doc Samson with those needles.

Still. Titanium is titanium. Not that durable even irl, unless we're talking about specific alloys.

Show me Titania withstanding more fearsome bullets than those fired from an overweight American cop with a puny handgun. I will wait.

And don't tell me that size doesn't matter... if there's anyone on this forum who appreciates big guns, it's definitely you

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 09:10 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Matt would be dead from the smell, plus the constant moaning. Or at least, I would be with his abilities.

laughing out loud

Very true.

But I'm 100% sure Smurph was daydreaming about Matt's recent fight with Castle, hence why I mentioned that to appease his fantasies.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 09:14 PM