KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Animatrix Discussion

Animatrix Discussion
Started by: Skittles19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Skittles19
***** what?

I kind of agree dexx... the result wasn't a very fun to watch form of animation.... I really liked the story of the kid tho :P

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 03:51 PM
Skittles19 is currently offline Click here to Send Skittles19 a Private Message Find more posts by Skittles19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

Did they mean to make skate-board all crazy, like he was moving so fast that u couldnt really even see him?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 05:51 PM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

The animation in "A Kid Story" is amazing. I don't know what some of you guys are smoking, but I don't want any...LOL

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 06:45 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skittles19
***** what?

well, actually we smoke a certain kind of... ah never mind....
I guess the whether the animation is good or bad is just a personal preference smile

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 07:01 PM
Skittles19 is currently offline Click here to Send Skittles19 a Private Message Find more posts by Skittles19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I should have added...I will stick to my we----errrr smile

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 09:05 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

what kind of Anime was: Final Flight of the Osiris?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 01:31 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

In Kids story I understand that the kid killed himself and freed himself from the real world but how did the Neb know where to find him in the real world he never ate a tracing pill so how could they find his location?

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 07:08 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

the pill is to pinpoint him while in the matrix, even if he would have eaten it...he's not REALLy eating in real life....i think it's not that difficult to find them normally in the real world, after they free them. They should just have a number each, no?

another thing...the dumbest thing...in the second renaissance, when the people send nuclears over the machines, they say that machines aren't affected by radiations as the human flesh is. But it's silly because we all know that any electrical system falls when exposed to radiations....especially those digital stuff they have in them.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 10:55 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skittles19
***** what?

hmmm... I don't think they cared to much about scientific detail...stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 04:08 PM
Sifer

Hrmmm I am sure the EMP only happens when in the upper atmosphere.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 06:21 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Gosh no, a nuclear blast at ground level would wipe out electronics for miles around. I think. But never mind. I am still hopeful that 2nd Renaissance is a false story anyway (being, as it is, part of the Zion archives and so could easily be info planted by the machines)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 08:19 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

but why would they do it? they don't turn out too bright from that history part...what would the advantage be?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 08:26 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Because it makes the humans look like the aggressors. Maybe there is some value in giving the humans a guilt complex.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 08:28 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

dunno...doesn't sound too concrete...It might JUST be a bad written story

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 08:30 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I know, I know... (cries)

BtVS

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 08:31 PM
nEo1266
The One

quote:
Originally posted by Skittles19
I found the 2nd renaissance to be fairly disturbing, but other than that the animatrix wasn't too bad...

beyond was visually beautiful and the others offered decent insights into the movies smile

but enough w/ the scantily dressed girls... please

Yeah the brain crusin robot b166er or somtin

HASANENDNEOYOUARETHEONETHE
MATRIXHASYOUKNOCKKNOCKTR
INITYMORPHEUSATOMBOMBNIO
BESQUIDGHOSTTHEORACELTR
YANDFINDITTAKETHEREDPILLTH
ISISYOURLASTCHANCEYOUTAKET
HEREDPILLANDILLSHOWYOUHOWFA
RTHERABBITHOLEGOESYOUTAKETHE
BLUEPILLANDYOUWAKEUPINYOURBED
ANDBELIEVEWHATEVERYOUWANTIENGT

<End Transmission>

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 12:57 AM
nEo1266 is currently offline Click here to Send nEo1266 a Private Message Find more posts by nEo1266 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skittles19
***** what?

blech
I've never been so grossed out by a cartoon

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 02:00 PM
zoomonkey

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Gosh no, a nuclear blast at ground level would wipe out electronics for miles around.

its true. a nuclear bomb blast emitts an EMP, just like the hovercraft. so how could the humans lose? if they nuked the crap out of Zero One all the machines would be incapacitated, that is if they weren't destroyed by the blast wave or fire wave. i really didn't like the story of renossaunce part 2. full of inconsistencies explained with coincidences. its just a story, but still a story based around known facts in reallity and within the story. can you say plot hole?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2003 10:46 PM
zoomonkey is currently offline Click here to Send zoomonkey a Private Message Find more posts by zoomonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

i didn't have a problem with the 2nd renaissance. to me, it seems pretty realistic. i think it depicted pretty well how a lot of people would react to the machines (i.e. beating them in the street) and how the machines would eventually sweep through their cities. guilt complex be damned, if we were to be taken over by machines it would probably go somehow like that. morpheus said it was a pretty grim reality.

and yes, in the storyline of the matrix movies, that's how it really happened. because osiris and the renaissance flicks were written by the wachowski's.

to whomever asked what kind of anime or whatever osiris was: it wasn't. it was cgi. like toy story.

matriculated was completely fubar, i didn't care for that one at all. it was like, "this is what a machine does when it's on PCP." but whoever asked what it's all about: a small group of the freedom fighters believed that they could convince machines, one by one, to fight for them. how that explains the little psychic marmoset . . . search me.

and detective story did not take place in the 30's or 50's. the man was in a chat room at one point. it was just in black and white. film noir style. i liked that one. and i'm kind of partial to "the program," myself. i didn't like the animation that much, but i thought it was a good story.

now . . . if SOMEONE could explain what the hell happened in world record, i'd be much obliged.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 03:55 PM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zoomonkey

yeah world record made no sense. i think maybe he realized he is faster than what the world limits him to. like neo in M1, but he doesn't realize his reality is false. that's the best i can do with that one.

my point about rennosaunce II is that a nuclear bomb emits an EMP. hovercraft emit an EMP. but the nuclear bomb EMP has no effect yet the hovercraft EMP is "our only defense against the machines". sounds like some b.s. to me. i do agree that with out nukes humans would be hard pressed to defeat a never ending army of robots. my only problem was that they did have nukes that do emit an electromagnetic pulse, which even in the matrix reality is effective agains the machines, yet in rennosaunce they have no effect. its a contridiction which to me really takes away from the story. do you realize how many nukes the US has by itself? enough to destroy the world dozens of times over, yet they can't destroy one city in the desert. it really just pisses me off.
oh well

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 08:45 PM
zoomonkey is currently offline Click here to Send zoomonkey a Private Message Find more posts by zoomonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote