KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Animatrix Discussion

Animatrix Discussion
Started by: Skittles19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vim
ILFTKYS

I think what happened in Matriculated (sp), was not even supposed to take place in the storyline of The Matrix, alot of it didn't make sense. Like how did they know that when they plugged something into the particular place (it looked like a head), how did they know that was where its CPU-type thing was, it could've deep inside it somewhere. I think it was just to make a weird movie about what robot would do inside the constructed matrix like enviroment.

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2003 12:45 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skittles19
***** what?

I thought it was pretty weird....

Old Post Jun 29th, 2003 01:54 PM
Skittles19 is currently offline Click here to Send Skittles19 a Private Message Find more posts by Skittles19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

looked like whoever made it was on a lot of LSD. i lked the second renethingy, but i felt sick after. it sent shivers down my spine.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 12:56 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skittles19
***** what?

yeah celsius.. i felt the exact same way.....

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 05:25 PM
Skittles19 is currently offline Click here to Send Skittles19 a Private Message Find more posts by Skittles19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

What the heck happned in world record?
was he unplugged for a moment the plugged back in?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 05:47 PM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

the second rinthingy was written by the wachowsky bros. so they know what theyre talking about.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 05:47 PM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

as far as i can tell, in world record the guy accidentally became unplugged (maybe as a result of his running at such a breakneck speed). either as a result of that or the agents, he became a vegetable, but he refused to stay that way because he knew the truth now.

i think. yeah, it was confusing.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 05:56 PM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zoomonkey

quote:
Originally posted by Stovenutts
the second rinthingy was written by the wachowsky bros. so they know what theyre talking about.

just because they wrote it (i think you are reffering to renaisance II) doesn't mean a thing. they still overlooked a major point about the effects of a nuclear bomb. by doing this it allowed them to create their world, but if they had relized it i think the story would be much different. go back and read the posts about the real effect of a nuke.

world record just made no sense. almost less sense than matriculated. who was that guy at the begining? was he his trainer or drug dealer or someone unplugged from the matrix trying to encourage him to realize that he is faster?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 10:12 PM
zoomonkey is currently offline Click here to Send zoomonkey a Private Message Find more posts by zoomonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Renaissance I and II can’t possibly portray the actual history. I think Ushgarak made that point earlier: They both start by elaborately pulling us into the Zion database archive. We now know that Zion is destroyed at the end of each loop of the Matrix, the One is allowed to chose 23 hapless oblivious humans from the system to be unplugged and together they rebuild the city.
Of course such database stories MUST be there, as every free human is supposed to at least believe that a man was born in the matrix, broke free (or was freed by rebels), and freed the first minds.
I see both short-stories as another stroke of Wachoski Brother genius. The humans are the bad, evil, aggressive, intolerant (insert other synonyms here please) species, that attack and harass the nice, friendly robots and AIs who only after being attacked strike back, and are almost forced, by us, the humans, to use us as a power-source.
As agent Smith says in M1 we wouldn’t accept the perfect world of bliss and happiness, we seem to thrive on misery and pain. Of course we would accept such a horrid story of how mankind fell. Right?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 10:47 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
physalia

has anyone here tried syncing up the animatrix, with the sound off, with the mars volta's album 'deloused in the comatorium'? basically start the album about 1:47 into the first episode. it's amazing.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 06:00 AM
physalia is currently offline Click here to Send physalia a Private Message Find more posts by physalia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
terd40
CCC Agent

Old Post Dec 18th, 2009 07:01 AM
terd40 is currently offline Click here to Send terd40 a Private Message Find more posts by terd40 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote