KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Aquaman 2

Aquaman 2
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Burn it to ash? It's under water.

I can't take this crap seriously.. Lol smh

Old Post Sep 14th, 2023 07:52 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Looks like a fun adventure flick like the first film. Hopefully it pans out and isn't a giant turd like Shazam 2 turned out to be.

Odds are against this being good though, considering the DCU's history,

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 14th, 2023 08:01 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

They should have replaced Amber Heard, so Mera could be in it as a main character. Stupid to keep Heard and cut her down to almost nothing.

OR! Keep Heard and have her do a scene where she's shitting underwater and the turd is a continuous 15+ foot log hanging and floating out of her ass, like a goldfish does.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2023 08:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Robtard
Looks like a fun adventure flick like the first film. Hopefully it pans out and isn't a giant turd like Shazam 2 turned out to be.

Odds are against this being good though, considering the DCU's history,

I had no faith in the more recent stuff like Shazam 2 to begin with. This from the trailer at least seems fun in a similar vein to Aquaman 1 though (between the visuals, direction, and production value), so anyone who enjoyed A1 should probably feel the same with A2. I expect it'll also sell more than the recent films just on it coming out on the holidays like the first Aquaman did, although it expectedly won't make A1 numbers.

Thanks to the bed shitter in part, even with her diminished screen time. It may have been "too late" to recast Flash, but not sure if that's really the case with Mera, especially with the reshoots this film already had to go through after it had initially failed with the test audience.

Having not gone out of my way with any DCEU stuff after Black Adam and the aftermath announcement of that universe, I'll only go out and see this if I hear mostly good things about it like with A1. The odds are against that being the case though like you said.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2023 09:14 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Funny, I think I only saw a very quick shot of Amber Heard? Maybe?

Probably wise to not show her much, heh.

This looks awful, though. Somehow all the underwater effects and greenscreen looks even more cartoony and goofy than before. Or maybe I forgot just how goofy it was.

I like Yahya Abdul Mateen II, though. I may watch ironically at some point with friends and beers.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2023 09:32 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Wait, let me put this into Robtard lingo...

This looks like Melissa McCarthy's dirty ass.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2023 10:34 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I had no faith in the more recent stuff like Shazam 2 to begin with. This from the trailer at least seems fun in a similar vein to Aquaman 1 though (between the visuals, direction, and production value), so anyone who enjoyed A1 should probably feel the same with A2. I expect it'll also sell more than the recent films just on it coming out on the holidays like the first Aquaman did, although it expectedly won't make A1 numbers.

Thanks to the bed shitter in part, even with her diminished screen time. It may have been "too late" to recast Flash, but not sure if that's really the case with Mera, especially with the reshoots this film already had to go through after it had initially failed with the test audience.

Having not gone out of my way with any DCEU stuff after Black Adam and the aftermath announcement of that universe, I'll only go out and see this if I hear mostly good things about it like with A1. The odds are against that being the case though like you said.
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Funny, I think I only saw a very quick shot of Amber Heard? Maybe?

Probably wise to not show her much, heh.

This looks awful, though. Somehow all the underwater effects and greenscreen looks even more cartoony and goofy than before. Or maybe I forgot just how goofy it was.

I like Yahya Abdul Mateen II, though. I may watch ironically at some point with friends and beers.

From what I understand, her screen time is cut down to just a few minutes total.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2023 10:41 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Wait, let me put this into Robtard lingo...

This looks like Melissa McCarthy's dirty ass.

Woah, dude.

Did you not enjoy the first Aquaman?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2023 10:42 PM
riv6672

Looks good!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2023 10:56 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Woah, dude.

I enjoyed some of the visuals and Dafoe, but otherwise I had trouble taking it seriously. And try though they did, Heard and Mamoa were so lacking in chemistry it was embarrassing.

Makes you wonder if they even did a screen test with those two.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2023 11:16 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I have no desire to give this film any money

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 15th, 2023 01:00 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Movie looks good from the trailer....hope the final product is when its released

Makes you wonder if they even did a screen test with those two.

I don't think they did if you followed the Depp V heard trail, I remember someone said they had to edit the first movie in a way that it made it look like Momoa & Heard had chemistry.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2023 02:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

How does one edit in chemistry? confused

Old Post Sep 15th, 2023 02:32 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by riv6672
How does one edit in chemistry? confused

A damn good movie editor thats how.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2023 02:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^That’s why they get paid the big bucks.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 15th, 2023 09:48 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Woah, dude.

Nobody did.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2023 10:46 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 15th, 2023 10:51 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

We get it Stilt, You're gay for Aquaman.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2023 11:08 AM
riv6672

I’ve never seen anyone make fun of Aquaman before.
That was…cutting edge. huh

Old Post Sep 15th, 2023 11:31 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tkitna
I still think Amber Heard is nice to look at. *shrug*
thumb up Fortunately, what an actor is like doesn't bother me at all for the most part.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2023 12:05 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote