KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Newly released novel provides additional info on Order 66 and the Inquisitors

Newly released novel provides additional info on Order 66 and the Inquisitors
Started by: Total Warrior

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Newly released novel provides additional info on Order 66 and the Inquisitors

"Inquisitor: Rise of the Red Blade" is a new novel detailing the story of Iskat Akaris's fall to the dark side, providing us some new details about Order 66 and the Inquisitors.

-Firstly, the novel tells us that Palpatine had spies within the Jedi Temple during the clone wars, whose task was to notice any Jedi who grew disillusioned with the Order or fascinated by the dark side, and to "norture" these feelings so that they could eventually betray the Order. One such spy was Heezo, a droid technician in the Jedi Temple who befriended Iskat Akaris, encouraging her not to be ashamed of the darkness dwelling within her.

-Secondly, when Order 66 was issued, Palpatine made sure that these Jedi were first offered a chance to join the Sith, or to die. In Iskat's case, she immediately accepted the offer, while the Jedi accompanying her was murdered in front of her. This is probably what the Grand Inquisitor meant when he told Vader that the Emperor had personally chosen him. How did Sidious manage to tell the clones not to target certain Jedi? It's not explained, as we see order 66 from Iskat's point of view, but guess it also explains the minor plothole of Anakin not being attacked by the clones like any other force user, including Maul, was.

What do you think about it?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2023 11:58 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Haven't read this novel myself, but I've heard decent things.

Anyway, I really do wish they would have explained how/why certain Jedi were randomly not targeted during the Order 66 massacre. Because yeah, that's a pretty big plot hole that has never really been explained.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2023 08:53 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Haven't read this novel myself, but I've heard decent things.

Anyway, I really do wish they would have explained how/why certain Jedi were randomly not targeted during the Order 66 massacre. Because yeah, that's a pretty big plot hole that has never really been explained.
Yeah, maybe Sidious had a way to "update" the chip within the clones' brains without actually performing a surgery, you know like a hacker accessing a software from some remote place. Like everytime he found a jedi that could be turned he updated the list lmao who knows

The novel is good, the ending feels a bit rushed, but overall it was an enjoyable read. It was nice that for once we didn't focus on Kenobi/Skywalker/Ahsoka. Also the book is filled with easter eggs of Legends stuff, it really shows that the author is a huge a star wars fan who's read lots of books and even played the old games. Like in the novel Iskat uses a medicinal herb which appeared in KOTOR.

Also another little detail that might be interesting is about the Seventh Sister. During a training session with her, Iskat notices that her fighting style resembles that of Aayla Secura. So the implication is that she may have been Secura's padawan during the clone wars

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2023 11:14 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote