KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mongul vs Silver Surfer

Mongul vs Silver Surfer
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Mongul vs Silver Surfer

Both are furious, and going for the kill.

Who wins?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2024 08:13 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Silver Surfer destroys him.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 15th, 2024 02:52 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He does, unless he chooses to go melee with him.

Norrin has some really dumb ideas sometimes.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2024 03:03 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Only if Mongul can get his hands on him otherwise Power Cosmic for the win.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2024 04:04 PM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He does, unless he chooses to go melee with him.

Norrin has some really dumb ideas sometimes.

So you envisioned the pummeling that Thanos gave him as well? When I made this that's the first thing that came to mind.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2024 04:57 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Stoic
So you envisioned the pummeling that Thanos gave him as well? When I made this that's the first thing that came to mind.

Yes, I did.

Or how he was confident to go hand-to-hand with T'Challa after he got depowered to a degree.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2024 05:11 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Surfer's only way to win is through exotic means. Fighting him like he fights Thanos (Generic blasts and getting close enough within punching range) then he loses.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Apr 15th, 2024 06:03 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glorificus

Surfer stomps.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2024 06:42 PM
Glorificus is currently offline Click here to Send Glorificus a Private Message Find more posts by Glorificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Glorificus
Surfer stomps.
Only the way I said. If he fights him like he does Thanos then he loses

Old Post Apr 15th, 2024 10:58 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by h1a8
Only the way I said. If he fights him like he does Thanos then he loses

No he doesn't

Old Post Apr 16th, 2024 05:47 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by h1a8
Surfer's only way to win is through exotic means.

The Silver Surfer has wrestled and taken hits from characters like Thor, Hulk, and Gladiator. It's just that that's not normally not how he fights. He has every superpower in the book, it's just that the Power Cosmic goes far beyond what brawn alone can do. The Surfer's whole gimmick is that he casually surfs supernovae. That alone sets a precedent of scale that's difficult to compete with.

If Surfer decides to discharge enough energy to create a black hole like he did in Annihilation then it's over. I mean, what could Mongul even do in that scenario? He can't fly. He's going to fall into it with the rest of the planet while the Surfer watches.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2024 06:13 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Astner
The Silver Surfer has wrestled and taken hits from characters like Thor, Hulk, and Gladiator. It's just that that's not normally not how he fights. He has every superpower in the book, it's just that the Power Cosmic goes far beyond what brawn alone can do. The Surfer's whole gimmick is that he casually surfs supernovae. That alone sets a precedent of scale that's difficult to compete with.

It doesn't and even rookie Lanterns can dive into supernovas. Doesn't mean they are unbeatable.
quote:

If Surfer decides to discharge enough energy to create a black hole like he did in Annihilation then it's over. I mean, what could Mongul even do in that scenario? He can't fly. He's going to fall into it with the rest of the planet while the Surfer watches.

Sure, Surfer could BFR Mongul to win. He isn't beating him straight up though.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2024 07:22 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by carver9
No he doesn't

Of course he does. Mongul would beat the crap out of him in a strength/energy slugfest.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2024 07:23 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by abhilegend
It doesn't and even rookie Lanterns can dive into supernovas.

They can shield themselves from supernovae, provided they're far enough away. It's not quite the same thing though.

Even Superman has had his life threatened by supernovae.

(please log in to view the image)

"Right behind him was an expanding ball of radiation that would've incinerated Clark as soon as it touched him."

- Action Comics #847

Originally posted by abhilegend
Sure, Surfer could BFR Mongul to win. He isn't beating him straight up though.

I don't think Mongul would survive inside of a black hole. He certainly doesn't have the feats for it. But the Surfer has a million different ways to deal with Mongul, and Mongul doesn't have the extensive list of resistance feats Superman have picked up over the thousands of comics he's been in. I don't think there's much of a debate here.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2024 07:59 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

They can shield themselves from supernovae, provided they're far enough away. It's not quite the same thing though.

"Right behind him was an expanding ball of radiation that would've incinerated Clark as soon as it touched him."

- Action Comics #847

I don't think Mongul would survive inside of a black hole. He certainly doesn't have the feats for it. But the Surfer has a million different ways to deal with Mongul, and Mongul doesn't have the extensive list of resistance feats Superman have picked up over the thousands of comics he's been in. I don't think there's much of a debate here.
I mean if we’re ignoring the fact that he was nearly powerless from red sun from the Sun Eater and that the explosion was 50 supernova worth of Entropy explosion, and not solar energy, then sure.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Apr 16th, 2024 09:51 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Wrong as usual.

Soranik Natu survives a supernova and a black hole. GLC recharge 1
https://postimg.cc/gallery/JsF0TyB
Isamot and Vath survive a black hole and a supernova . GLC recharge 2.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/JrW4wZ7
quote:

- Action Comics #847

Why do you lie about this despite being corrected multiple times?
quote:

Name those million different ways, I'd like to see those.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2024 12:26 PM
carver9

The way Surfer can beat Mongul is whatever way that popped up in your head. He can do it and whatever else he wants to, to Mongul. This is a non-fight and should be a one panel fight in comics.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2024 01:52 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by carver9
The way Surfer can beat Mongul is whatever way that popped up in your head. He can do it and whatever else he wants to, to Mongul. This is a non-fight and should be a one panel fight in comics.

Is it now?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2024 02:00 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Abhi, would you say that Mongul would be as physically dominating as Thanos was at the time that he casually defeated the Surfer? Killing him with his bare hands?

Thanos is cosmic, but not on account to Galactus as you likely know. This is why he can do ludicrous amounts of damage on the Surfer. Even without mentioning the two times that he was augmented, the Surfer has power over organic Life forms, which allows him to shield himself from taking damage from similar opponents.

The Hulk is a prime example. Thor is as well, to a certain extent. Thor literally caved the Surfers head in with his hammer, and Norrin got back up as if nothing happened.

However, I'm more than willing to be corrected. What's the story with Mongul? Why do you see this going a different way?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2024 12:17 AM
h1a8

Lol you didn't read any of my posts did you? You just wasted minutes of your time and won't be able to get them back.

I said Surfer wins by exotic means. But if he fights Mongul like he does Thanos then he will lose.

Basically if Surfer can beat Mongul then he could beat Thanos using the same strategy.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2024 01:05 AM