KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator timeline?

Terminator timeline?
Started by: guinessmen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dulobast25

yeah james cameron in all his attention to detail made a couple of mistakes. SOme had to be done to make this movie independent form the first and it was made more noticable because john was so mature and because the computer screen in the beginning of the film stated his age. this is why there is not date @ the start of t2 i think to allow some slck in this area. This is also why there is no date listed in t3. The question that i wanted answered in why the "the future is not set" statement, which finished in by kyle reese saying. "that was all". Yet in t2 when he was reading the message" it goe like this' the future is not set..there is no fate but what we make for ourselves' I was expecting the actual message and my ear was looking for it. When i heard the message in T2, i was like what is this abrideged crap? Anyways only to find out later that that was an omitted message from the first and they changed it and improved it. It should have been carried through to t2 and paraphrased by the terminator and john to say somehthing along the same lines as we being responsible for our ouwn fate, our destiny and we me must survive, or john wil never exist.. i think they did that cause john existed already, but they should have addressed that and concentrated on the message that john must exist for a reason and that the future is not set. Anyways t I hope t4 is better.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 03:10 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

In T3 is John 22yo, that mean movie is happening in 2007... what do you think about that?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 05:42 AM
CoCooN is currently offline Click here to Send CoCooN a Private Message Find more posts by CoCooN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dodgycrap

Actually T3 is set in 2004.

At the start of the film after Arnie goes through the strip club. He gets in the car and a watch falls down. He checks the date and it says 'ACCURATE' at the top of the screen and says the date is:

I have checked that frame again and again and this is the date it says.
So Judgement day must have occured on 25th or 26th July 2004.

Dodgycrap

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 07:01 PM
dodgycrap is currently offline Click here to Send dodgycrap a Private Message Find more posts by dodgycrap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair

You know, maybe John was ten in T2, AND in 8th grade. I mean maybe he was bumped up because he was so smart. HE would have to be to be a 'great military leader'. Thats right, I fixed the problem. I belive we call that CHECK and MATE!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 09:19 PM
Blair is currently offline Click here to Send Blair a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair

DEFINITIVE TIMELINE:
1984-Reese arrives, T-101 arrives, John Connor is concieved
1985-1994 - Sara raise John, attempts to destroy computer factory,
Sara is sent to institution, John moves in with foster parents,
begins new school, and is moved from 6th to 8th grade were
he 'falls in with the wrong crowd', macks on that Kate chick
1994- T-101 and T-1000 arrive, sarah and John take off after the events
T2:JD, Sarah is diagnosed with Luchemia.
1997- August 27 comes and goes, Sarah dies shortly later.
1997-2004- John hits the road, never settling in one place for long, only
oddjobs to get by, Skynet catches up to were it should have
been
2004-The events of T3
July24, 2004 - Judgment Day finally happens, resestance begans
2005-2029-John and Kate have children and become war heros, John
and becomes friends with Kyle Reese, sends him back in time
reprograms a T-101 and sends it back to protect himself in
past from the T-1000, outdated T-101 kills John, is captured
and reprogramed by Kate and sent back in time.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 09:40 PM
Blair is currently offline Click here to Send Blair a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

everything sound good to me

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 10:35 PM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

basically accurate but some stuff it off.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 02:25 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

good summary

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 02:47 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

yeah soms stuff is innacurate but overall it's good

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 07:47 AM
Vaughan

quote:
Originally posted by Blair
DEFINITIVE TIMELINE:
1984-Reese arrives, T-101 arrives, John Connor is concieved
1985-1994 - Sara raise John, attempts to destroy computer factory,
Sara is sent to institution, John moves in with foster parents,
begins new school, and is moved from 6th to 8th grade were
he 'falls in with the wrong crowd', macks on that Kate chick
1994- T-101 and T-1000 arrive, sarah and John take off after the events
T2:JD, Sarah is diagnosed with Luchemia.
1997- August 27 comes and goes, Sarah dies shortly later.
1997-2004- John hits the road, never settling in one place for long, only
oddjobs to get by, Skynet catches up to were it should have
been
2004-The events of T3
July24, 2004 - Judgment Day finally happens, resestance begans
2005-2029-John and Kate have children and become war heros, John
and becomes friends with Kyle Reese, sends him back in time
reprograms a T-101 and sends it back to protect himself in
past from the T-1000, outdated T-101 kills John, is captured
and reprogramed by Kate and sent back in time.

This cannot be correct. In T3. John Connor makes specific references to T2 when "he was 13 years old. " Indisputable.

If he was born in 84 (the year cannot be argued as 1984 is referenced numerous times. Arnie is wanted in T2 for the attack on the police station in 1984) this would make T2 set in 97.

If SC is then diagnosed with Leukaemia, why would she need to hang on for 3 years to make sure the events of 97 did not happen ? (Unless of course, we are to assume that she was diagnosed in 94)

It's a major error. To suggest that JC was only 7 or 10 yrs old in T2 does not rectify the error becasue of the 13 yr old references in T3.

It hurts my brain to think about it any more.

Last edited by Vaughan on Aug 6th, 2003 at 11:18 AM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 11:13 AM
Vaughan is currently offline Click here to Send Vaughan a Private Message Find more posts by Vaughan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

i think their destroying the original skynet in t2 may have pushed the d-day forward??????????????

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 06:50 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vagrant

From the horses mouth

I saw an interview with James Cameron stating that
" Although T 2 doesn't actually take place 12 years (our time) later the characters are, regardless 12 years older"

Doesn't help the arguement much but i thought i would through in my 2 cents anyway.....

Old Post Aug 7th, 2003 01:35 AM
Vagrant is currently offline Click here to Send Vagrant a Private Message Find more posts by Vagrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yazman

Talk about serious brain scrambling. Whichever way you look at it Judgement day was inevitable, and would HAVE to happen regardless or you end up with another paradox. ie No Judgement day, - no John connor as only he can send his own father back in time to conceive him.

Man with all the age working out and all, i'm starting to get a headache. Just saw t3 for the first time, and thought it was ok but without the explosive impact that t2 had. James cameron always adds a bit of emotion in his films (T1 - love scene and kyles death. T2, arnies lowering into molten steel), this was seriously lacking in t3. and for me the movie was a little hasty. You never know theey always release a special edition with extended footage and that may make up for it. However in all i was a bit disappointed.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 09:57 PM
yazman is currently offline Click here to Send yazman a Private Message Find more posts by yazman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vaughan

I watched Terminator again fro the first time in a while.

It get's even better.

The Terminator and Kyle go may in May 1984 (Kyle asks a bum and the date is on Sarah Connor's time card at the diner she works in)

So, the earliest John Connor could have been born is February 1985.

Now if he was 13 in T2 (as stated in T3), that would have been 1998, some months after judgement day.

Even if Judgement day was postponed, it would still have meant that the psychiatric scenes were meaningless because they date Sarah Connor dreaded had already passed....

confused

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 06:42 AM
Vaughan is currently offline Click here to Send Vaughan a Private Message Find more posts by Vaughan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bad banana

John Connor was born sometime in 1985, I can't remember exactly what month. If you watch T2, when the T1000 makes his entrance and gets in the cop car he does a search for him. The DOB appears as well as his address and juvenile records.

Terminator 1 definitely happened in 1984; there were several references to this throughout the movie. I suppose the most obvious would be when it boldly displays "LOS ANGELES 1984" at the bottom of the screen in one of the intro scenes.

So in conclusion, Jonathan Mostow is an idiot who probably watched T2 while he was getting trashed or something. John Connor did NOT have a T1000 or any terminator go after him when he was 13.

Also, remember when Arnold says, "In three years, Miles Dyson will...Skynet...something something?" If Judgement Day is August 29, 1997, three years previous to that would make T2 1994.

But how can this be if John Connor is supposed to be 10 and he was born in 1985? My best estimate is that he's a machine, so in a sense he was rounding up. Maybe John was born in the earlier months of 1985, and since JD occurs in the latter half of 1997 the machine acted as a calculator or something.

Finally, I don't see why people would base their judgements about John Connor's age just according to how he "looks." He's a kid, I'm sure he could pass for 10. You think Freddie Prinze Jr. passes for a high schooler in any of his teen movies? Or any of the American Pie people? They're all in their 20s as well. Plus, when you're at a young age like that, your looks tend to fluctuate a lot. One kid might be 10 and look 8, another might be 10 and look 13. And for the record, Edward Furlong was 12 when he played the role.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 02:56 PM
bad banana is currently offline Click here to Send bad banana a Private Message Find more posts by bad banana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Vaughan
Now if he was 13 in T2 (as stated in T3), that would have been 1998, some months after judgement day.

This couldn't have happened as sarah conner died in 1997 (according to the coffin in T3.

The whole Terminator timeline is screwed, i think t2 happened in 1995 but acording to t3 that would be impossible.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 03:33 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

look, cameron is the 1 who screwed up john connor's date. not mostow,, he had 2 make john connor 13 so that he could start with the connor/ brewster making out in 8th grade. a 10 year older in 8th grade and making out seems impossible. get it? cameron started the problem, mostow had 2 deal with it. and someone told me of this, this is very interesting, that when in t2, they blew up cyberdyne, everything was pushed forward 3 yearz. making judgement day 2032, instead of 2029, and joh connor 13 instead of 10. this is interesting, but it is one of these 2 which i have told u

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 05:06 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

How did Sarah conner get pregnant? i mean if Kyle reese is johns dad thats an IMPOSSIBILITY, because Kyle is from the future. There would have to be atleast one timeline where sarah got pregnant from someone else. and if she did and kyle did come back and she got pregnant with him that would change who john connor is, his character traits would be different thus being a different person by sarah connor getting pregnant by Kyle reese, not even the comics cover this blunder

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 06:19 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah well atleast cameron didnt F*UCK up and make a horrid un original movie

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 06:20 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

cameron never said john was supposed to be older he never screwed anything up, he just chose an older actor to play a 10 year old because little kids cant act, its called artistic freedom

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 06:22 PM