KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator timeline?

Terminator timeline?
Started by: guinessmen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ambarturion

Apparently Skynet knew little about Connor`s mother except the city. It would be hard to track the family history back any further, especially in time periods where computers aren`t involved.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 10:29 PM
Ambarturion is currently offline Click here to Send Ambarturion a Private Message Find more posts by Ambarturion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hev

Instead of concentrating on John look at Sarahs age. The Tomb stone says she was born in 1959. In T-2 the pychatirst says she is 29 which would make T-2 set in 1988 and would therefore make John only 4. I think someone has f**ked up somewhere.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 08:19 PM
Hev is currently offline Click here to Send Hev a Private Message Find more posts by Hev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

It is inconsistent, but each movie does feature a somewhat different timeline to the previous one. All the time travelling means that there are seven different timelines at work.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 01:42 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

That's true - but none of them are responsable for changing people's ages...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post May 13th, 2004 08:28 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
muzzdeni

From What I have read here is that,
1) The Original terminator turned up in 1984, Sara Conner was 19,
DOB 1965,
2) John Connor born in 1984,
3) T2 happened in 1994, since original judgment day happened 1997
AND Skynet took 3 year's to become sentient,
AND Sara Conner is 29 as described by Dr Zimmerman
4)T3 take's place ON 24 July 2004, John conner 20,
5)The date on the tombstone is to prevent Skynet from Knowing Sara Conner's real age, Therefore making it a mission for The Terminator to find Sara quickly in T1.

Pick the movie apart and find even more inconsistencies, like the T-X cutting through the particle accelerator's vacuum chamber.

Terminator's firing aimlessly, and into the air.

Old Post May 15th, 2004 09:00 AM
muzzdeni is currently offline Click here to Send muzzdeni a Private Message Find more posts by muzzdeni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

nine or ten is too young to 'make out' though messed

Old Post May 15th, 2004 05:17 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Umm a few posts back people are complaing that Mostow was the reason for these inconsistencies. If you actually looked at the credits you will release that HE did not write the screenplay or the story. So blame the writers not the director.

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 01:50 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

quote:
Originally posted by Samas-adian
Umm a few posts back people are complaing that Mostow was the reason for these inconsistencies. If you actually looked at the credits you will release that HE did not write the screenplay or the story. So blame the writers not the director.

In relation to the Terminator time line, it is a hopeless mess, and has been long before Mostow or Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines came along. I once sat down to try and go through the time line myself and it gave me such a headache I was on the verge of mental stress. So to a degree Samas-adian, I agree with what you've said above. BUT...

I have read countless number of interviews before and after T3 was released where Mostow has been quoted as saying: "I'm making this film as a fan of the franchise...I'm making it as I would want to see the third Terminator movie..."

What the eff? Eh? So OK, the third Terminator movie was a movie made for the fans, by a fan of the Terminator franchise? Did Mostow read the script that had been written by someone else (not him like you stated)? Did he not question some of the concepts/story development of the third script? The obvious being when John Conner says: "When I was 13 they tried again. Machines from the future." What this line is trying to state is JC was attacked in his teens by the T-1000, and that is not the case because everyone knows he was 10 in the second movie...Every fan that is...So why didn't Mostow know this? Him being a fan and all?

Don't give me the old "He was 13 so the Conner/Brewster making out story could exist" line...I would have preferred it if that had been left out of the movie.

What about how Mostow directed (because he was the "Director" of the movie right?) the actors? He didn't do a very good job! I'm not going to get into that here because it has no relevance to the T3 time line. What I'm saying is whilst the story line had nothing to do with Mostow, directing that poor story line had everything to do with him and he should be held accountable for that. Fan of the franchise? Whatever!

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 10:43 AM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

ALIC88- THE SIMPLE WAY 2 PUT IT IS THAT THEY MADE A MISTAKE. that's all there is 2 it

Thank you! Findly someone who gets. They Fuked up you guys. T2 was set in 1994. If you look at the monitor in the police car when the T-1000 is looking for his file it says age 10. So basically Cameron skrewed up by casting someone when he was way to old. Either they screwed up in T3 or they tried to compensate, that is why Kate refered to last seeing John in Junior High.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 02:43 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Yeah John was 10 years old in T2 but when the T-1000 looks up John's details in the police computer it says John was born in February 1985...1985 + 10 years = 1995...So T2 could not have been "set in 1994" like you stated OB1-adobe if John was 10 years old in T2.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 06:37 AM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Yeah I know, Its all a mish mash of sh*t is'nt it. Hey if none of you guys know already, if you want to know the date in which T3 takes place go to the scene where he steals the truck after taking the strippers clothes. He looks at a watch, and if you slow frame you will see what the date is when he doing that infrared terminator vision thing.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 03:32 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shoutanenjeru

I've done some searching, and I've just got done watching the first movie. It clearly says in the beginning of Terminator that the year was 1984. Now I've found a timeline on the internet @ The Terminator files dot com which apparently follows the movies and the books (or possibly just the books). It says that T3 takes place in the year 2005 rather than 2003 when it was released. It also says T2 took place in the year 1995, being that John Connor was born either 84 or 85, that would make him 10 or 11 in T2. Now, in T3, Katherine Brewster said John left the day after she and him made out in Mike Kripke's basement. But she said that happened when they were in 8th grade. The minimum age for someone to be in the eigth grade would be 12 or 13.

Conlcusion.....Somebody fuc|<ed up.

Last edited by shoutanenjeru on Jun 15th, 2004 at 02:20 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 02:12 AM
shoutanenjeru is currently offline Click here to Send shoutanenjeru a Private Message Find more posts by shoutanenjeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Unfortunately the original saccharine ending to T2 would have negated the T-1000 eek!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 09:27 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I've read all the above posts with great interest, and you're all right: somebody messed up {specifically the writers and {to a lesser degree} Mostow for not noticing these things since he claims to be a "fan"}. But let's not allow this to spoil our enjoyment of the films, eh?

Oh, and U? Heh - I'm afraid I STILL don't agree with you about the so-called "poor" acting stick out tongue ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 06:35 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maj_sm_jz

ALL ABOUT THE TERMINATOR

Hi, guys, I just registered to this forum, because I couldn't stop thinking about these questions you're asking here. Let me explain some facts about these movies.

First off, Terminator 1 takes place on thursday, 12. May 1984 in L.A.

Second, Terminator 2 takes place in the year 1995. This fact is not shown in the movie as far as I know, but in the beginning as T-1000 kills a cop and uses his car computer to search for John's whereabouts, you can see that John was born on 28. February 1985 (he's 3 days younger than me then, maybe I'm the chosen too, due to the fact I too cannot balance my checkbook ... I'm kidding you here) and that he is 10 years old, male, caucasian. So. The first calcualtion we make is simple: 1985 + 10 = 1995. Now we all know movie was brought to cinemas in 1991, but the actual story is apparently going on 4 years after, unlike the first film, where the year 1984 was mutual for both story and release of the film.

Now for the last thing. No, I'm not going to explain any true or untrue flaws imported by the last film, that is Rise of the Machines, because in my opinion the film really sucked. Jonathan Mostow decided that Sarah had leukemia. That fact was never put into original story. And you all must agree with me that this new film will never be quarter as good as 1 and 2. Such an inexpirienced director should not be allowed to direct such a great story. I'm surprised Cameron agreed. So, to summarize, all I can say about the story is that Judgment day was said to be on august 29. 1997, but since they destroyed Cyberdyne, this date does not mean anything now. By destroying Cyberdyne they prevented Judgment day from happening (although Jonathan would say they only postponed it). In either case Judgment day does not happen in 1997. In general Terminator 3 film sucked, it actually isn't a serious film but merely a comedy as Arnold is always swaying with his witty remarks. As long as the film has GREAT visual effects, people think it is really good. Couldn't think of a worse screw (not to mention the new Star Wars). I liked the coffin stuff though. And I liked the end. But that's about it.

If I've been unclear in any topic, please do ask again. Have fun. ^^

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 06:48 PM
Maj_sm_jz is currently offline Click here to Send Maj_sm_jz a Private Message Find more posts by Maj_sm_jz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maj_sm_jz

ONE MORE THING

The Terminator is a model 101. He is not T-101. Before this model, there were models with rubber skin called T-600. This Terminator is a T-800 subcategory 101. Then we come to T-1000. The TX should really be marked as T-1200. Have fun. ^^

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 06:56 PM
Maj_sm_jz is currently offline Click here to Send Maj_sm_jz a Private Message Find more posts by Maj_sm_jz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maj_sm_jz

Oh and by the way, I totally agree with Ambarturion's and U Neek's remarks.

Nowadays directors think that if the visual is great, then automatically the whole film is great. Now that is one crucial mistake I'm pointing out here. Let me just tip you with one advice. Do not try to understand the flaws and anomalies that were created by the T3. Because they are just Mostow's faults. He hadn't thought the facts through enough and now we have to bear his work and accept it? Never. By directing the 3rd Terminator he shaded the other two. A disgrace. I say it should be redone again. By a more experienced director that is, of course. I own T1 and T2 only. Never will I accept T3. Not in a messy state as it is at the moment. As far as I am concerned, the story ends with Terminator sinking into the steel. And that is an event to remember, not some wussy-witty Arnold joke talking, kidding while the world is running out of time. Cheers! ^^

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 12:18 PM
U Neek
Mr

Cheers for your thoughts Maj and welcome to the Forum. I hope you really enjoy posting on the Terminator Forum.

-U

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 09:45 PM
voodudejnr

Ok, I've got a definate timeline

T1 - Happens in 1984 (the opening title says so and Sarah's slip for the restraunt says it)

T2 - When the terminator searches on the computer it says John Connor - Age 10 - DOB - 02/28/1985

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 08:25 PM
voodudejnr is currently offline Click here to Send voodudejnr a Private Message Find more posts by voodudejnr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

So that means that Connor is 10 years old in T2 and 20 in T3, as that is set in 2005 right?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 07:21 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote