KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator - Time Travel Issues

Terminator - Time Travel Issues
Started by: bigbadbike2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ambarturion

I think the T-1000 gets away with it because it`s technically alive.
Kyle just mentioned something about the field generated by living tissue, the mimetic polyalloy would seem to qualify as a living organism.
I suppose the T-X would use the same loophole, although it is less likely considering how little of the alloy it uses.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 09:42 PM
Ambarturion is currently offline Click here to Send Ambarturion a Private Message Find more posts by Ambarturion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bad banana

It's also possible time travel technology advanced, but then that would leave people to wonder why they still have to come out naked.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 11:49 PM
bad banana is currently offline Click here to Send bad banana a Private Message Find more posts by bad banana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

if its a female terminator i dont care if she comes out naked even if shes stuck in a bad movie

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 12:35 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Buzz

Amen

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 01:04 AM
Buzz is currently offline Click here to Send Buzz a Private Message Find more posts by Buzz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

as long as shez nude

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 04:51 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

she is naked everynight in my dreams frankly, but uhm yeah solid metalic objects can not pass thro the time portal however bare human skin can. Perhaps its a little like your microwave, put in a donut and everything is fine, but put in a spoon on top of ur donut, u see sparks fly, however i have never really wrapped a donut around a spoon to see if the microwave particles do not bounce of the metalic surface hmm. So anyways i think the polymatic covering even though its not human skin it is a covering which sheilds the termy's metal structure from the time continium.
Ok on another point i was once on another message board and someone posed a good question, if kyle came thru and had no weapons fro mthe future, why not catch a dog stuff some weapons in it and send it thru with kyle also before the dog died. Same goes for arnie as a good termy, why not get a dog stuff some laser canons stitch it back up and send the dog back thru with arnie. MAkes u think eh!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 10:28 AM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bad banana

I'ev heard of that concept before, and frankly, if you think about it, it's pretty morbid. Would moviegoers really want to see a dog with its intestines spilling out as our fearless heroes plunge their hands into its bloody underbelly to fish out weapons from the future? And on that note, you'd need some pretty big dogs to do that.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 06:14 PM
bad banana is currently offline Click here to Send bad banana a Private Message Find more posts by bad banana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

i just read that somewhere one night when someone posed that question, when you see the t800;s with their laser blasters, it looks about just right sized to fit in a german shepards frame, so in t1 kyle could have had the advantage if they put a laser canon in a dog or something and send it along with him. But obviously it is kinda gross doing it that way smile

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 07:41 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's called... a plot convenience! There is no logical sense in the T-800 being able to come back through time because it is covered in living flesh, but unable to have a gun inside it. But sod logic! The T-1000 and the covering of the TX are both organic; the TX cheats by having its weapon as part of its design. Which OBVIOUSLY means it can bring it back with it, because that is VERY different from just having a gun put inside you. Oh yes it is. Ssssh.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 02:02 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

yes it added more twists and turns to the drama, of course with t3 and the tx having weapons ......well we all know t3 was directed diffrently!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 05:00 PM
dulobast25

I look at it that molecularly, the surface of t-1000 mimics humans skin,maybe iven in temperature and alters the electons rotatin around each atom to fool the machine into allowing it to got..designed with the time machine in mind or the mchine this time around was a little more advance allowing mor mallable forms of metal through but not unconvered hard steel. Mybe it always soft mimetic moving metal but it wasn't invented yet so t-100 was designed that way for that reason. the weapons issue prevents it from being a war movie which is why i feel although it would be cool to see the war, there was never anhy intenrion of showing it and onlt becasue there is so many sequels that we now want to see it casue eveything else is old, but face it a war movie is likely to be boring, it's the throwing human around and surviving shrapnel fire and going uo again multile humans and gund that make the terminator cool. how cool would it be to see human laying terminators down with a single shot from theor own plasma cannons, just like shooting humans. we would neve see thier amazing abilities, so it was a plot device, a story telling device..withoiut it, no movie and it justifiy arnold having a humn apperance and justfiys the design of the endoskeltion.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 10:41 PM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

the plot wa great for t1 too, i think if they sent t-1000 back to 1984, it wouldn't be ralistic becasue fashion would be different, everybody would be older...it neede to age realisitcalliy and assuming only a yaers development of t-1000 say sent back from 2030, skynet within second sfter t-100 was sent back realized like t-800, the t-1000 failed, so thusly made "improvements" (which were not...the t-1000 is tto tough an acto to follow, don't envy mostow in that way). it is a computer's way of chising a model based on it's sucesses and failures, thusly the end of the 600 series and thus the creation of the 800 series and thus the t-1000 and tx prototypes. Funny thing is they say the tx is more advanced, but they never actually say mor advanced than t-1000. They only say over the t-800. and to me, it seem between the t-800 and th t-1000, (t-1100) would have the ability to morph and emit photon beams and change into energy form senitent matter and warp much like a minature time machine, but would have major weaknesses in magnetic fields, etc.. It is likely an issue that when skynet sends a machine back and it fails, it generates an imprive model and tries again, without knowing exclty how the previous model failed, it's just being sytematic and sending th advance mdoel would not only mak ethe movie repeditive, but whole movei woul dhave been AMOST the same with some changeds like the the punching thru the windshield scene would have killed sarah quickly and the end of the movie would come fast and the beginning woul dbe just like t1.....in addition bieng syatematic,it mjust foqure that that time period may have had stategical problems so goes after john directly. and does so when hes' aboy. like i dais eveybody would be 12 years older looking too. This way is more feesbile. I agree with earlier comment regarding going further back in time. the term went as afr back as the files it hadwas only sure of the last known address and dates and cites. Remember, it didn't knw what she looked like nor where her mother lived, or they could have killed sarahs mom BEFORE sarah was born...so they ewnt as afr abck as they conclusinvely could and went from there. Yes it is jsut a movie, but detail are okay to discuss..free country and it's fun.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 04:56 PM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

wheres the money and sequels in doing all of that? lol! Its hollywood people, they wont kill off money -_-) You make perfect sense though. Who knows though, perhaps they will provide a viable explanation for skynets time transport. Maybe there are certain rules or laws (in terms of their physics or what have you).

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 06:26 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

yeah, i agree. Still wan to see arnie end his term career as an evil csm 101 with partial endo, but rather with an exposed ribcage and skull. after being fully skinned in an attempt ti kill john conner in the future and then suceeds before bing terminated by tech com speical forces.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 07:24 PM
alic88
Barzakh

t4 will b cool no doubt

Old Post Sep 16th, 2003 03:00 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

i know i read that t4 will address the time travel part of the movie franchise, most of the terminator storyline addresses the terminators and judgement day etc etc but now the time travel portion.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2003 04:13 PM
alic88
Barzakh

i pray that they dont make an assassination movie again! plz ENOUGH OF THAT

Old Post Sep 16th, 2003 06:29 PM
dulobast25

they need to show john connors assasination. These movies aree called terminator, which is an infitrator and an assasin. It isn't callled hk4 rise of the machnies. these movie are about assasins. There will be assasinationd in t4 regardless of the war..and arnie needs to play a cameo NO t5

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 05:46 AM
alic88
Barzakh

ya what i mean is int he future. not like backin the 90's through time travel. thats getting boring now

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 07:39 AM
skule
blissfully ignorant

the only going back in time i wanna see is kyle and arnie going back thru the time displacement unit..the rest of the story should remain in present day. I hope mostow understands this!!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 12:08 PM