KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » T3 General Purpose Thread - Misc.

T3 General Purpose Thread - Misc.
Started by: Senor_Pessoba

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
skule
blissfully ignorant

quote:
Originally posted by JRatT12
Ok I watched T3 twice last night. First time I said to myself I was going to go into the movie and find everything wrong with it. The story line the actors the music ect. So I sat down and the movie opined with the new John Conner talking (like his mother did in the last one) and right away I was saying to myself “this guy is not John Conner” but then he throws a bottle in a stream and it sank down and turned to skulls and we went into the future (John still talking over must of this) Then I instantly fell back into the movie I begin to think this guy was Jon. He may not look exactly like him but he was a good enough actor to convince me. Throughout the rest of the movie there where so problems. The music I felt was not up to pare with T2. They went overboard with the one-liners and the way the TX was killed was rather disappointing.

BUT I LOVED IT
The ending was great the bombs are falling The way they tide John and Claire Danes together was good and the skynet kills Jon in the future with the same terminator that was sent back to protect his commanders and him in this one.

GREAT MOVE
It was no T2 but in my mind nothing is T2
If you are a hardcore Terminator fan like me just let yourself sink into the movie and but be upset about the new actors and no James Cameron (this stuff Doesn’t mater the actors that are in it are very goood)
If you are not a hardcore fan GO SEE IT. It is one of those old school action movies with No 10 minute long sex scenes. There is no 45-minute talk in the middle, which leads up to one last fight like in all action movies today. This movie is nonstop action. I cant wait to get it on DVD so I can learn all the lines like I have in T1 and T2 (god I’m such a loser)

Well put it this way when i saw T2 over 10 years ago i had huge expectations build up over the last decade of this movie! Heck its the terminator! but i guess it will fall flat huh, however i do know i would be "entertained" by it since it cost what 150 mill to make? Plus arnie is in it so.... but over all i know for most of us terminator fans its a let down right. Dont be bad feeling like a loser, i sadly know all the lines to T1 and T2 also sad

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 05:49 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mina.harker

god! arnie is how old now? 54 or something? he looks GREAT. for his age i mean. i am a diehard arnie fan, and know all the lines too! this movie is terminator 3. if thats not worth checking out then im married to orlando bloom (please suck, T3! only kidding, but id luv 2 be married to him all the same). so im going to see this movie even if the only person to take is my headmaster! and thats saying something

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 07:37 PM
mina.harker is currently offline Click here to Send mina.harker a Private Message Find more posts by mina.harker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sacrifice

I saw it last night. It was better than I thought it was going to be, but still inferior to the previous films. As expected the focus was more on action than story, which isn't too bad considering the action sequences are amazingly well done. I still would have preferred more story and character developement though.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 09:30 PM
Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

hmm i guess i shall have to see it, i guess the action will be good thats pretty much the given. I'll be back...later wink

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 02:43 AM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

You mean to say that the director didn't had enought money or what?!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 09:04 AM
CoCooN is currently offline Click here to Send CoCooN a Private Message Find more posts by CoCooN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

Ok i just saw T3 boys and girls.

Well i just saw it, where should i start hmm. Ok how do i feel after seeing it. It was good, i cant disagree, but what made it good was the action scenes, plain and simple. Great effects great scenes. As far as the movie it self goes, the story was mediocre, it lacked the human side just as i thought it would, Nick Stahl was a decent actor definatly, however, he didnt seem to have the qualities i thought john conner should have. No doubt its obvious T3 was directed as a pure action flick, blowing ups and crashes from the start of the movie. IT doesnt give you time to think about what it truly lacked. The one liners were good but however nothing like the ones in T2, hastalvista baby etc! Truly it lacked James Camerons way of tellign a story like most of his movies do. Now about the TX, let me just tell you i am truly in love with Kristina Loken(please log in to view the image)

But lets save that for a new thread i am gonnna start evil face
She honestly didnt seem scary enough to be a Terminator, Arnie in the 1st one, scary! Robert Patrick in the 2nd on, also scary. Kristina, just made me drool and sigh a lot heh.

Ok about the story line: T2 they destroy cyberdyne, cyberdyne had the contract to build skynet, fine the delayed it, now obviously the guy miles in T2 was the head of design in cyberdyne and he said finding the original terminator chip showed them new avenues on computer processors etc taking them to new heights. But in T3 john conner says this was all about software, so truly cyberdyne etc didnt really mean anything because the software was inevitably created. My question why bother going back in time to kill john conner, send terminators back in time to kill ppl? Its more effective, and secures the future doesnt it. Or does that mean they sign their own death warrant as they never get created?

Questions questions, overall i did come out of the movie somewhat satisfied, but definatly felt this franchise isnt the same anymore.

However obviously this screamed sequel again. However if the wait the same about of time they did from t2 - t3 i would be in my late 30's and almost 40!!! Arnie aint gonna be very effective then will he! So i am guessing the movie is gonna be just the eksoskeleton T101's!
Oh yes about the skynet virus thing, skynet was created by the military but who created the virus? or was the virus infact skynet just infecting computers so that they would run the actual program on all the defense computers.?

Any thoughts guys??? (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 09:23 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

disapointing to say the least. cant touch the previous movies.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 09:35 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

Yeah definatly, T2 is a classic much as T1, this unfortunatly isnt. There wasnt much beliavble emotion in this, sarah conner has to much rage and emotions and love for kyle it trancended onto the story line so much, this just lacked all that. To bad linda hamilton was on board i really do think they messed it up because of that too.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 10:06 AM
Leobrn12

The virus was skynet

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 03:34 PM
Leobrn12 is currently offline Click here to Send Leobrn12 a Private Message Find more posts by Leobrn12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

so the virus was skynet but at that point was skynet self aware? or only after skynet went online to the defense networks it became self aware.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 03:39 PM
Leobrn12

I think when skynet went online it became self-aware. Thats when all hell breaks lose.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 03:43 PM
Leobrn12 is currently offline Click here to Send Leobrn12 a Private Message Find more posts by Leobrn12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

ok thats what i thought too but WHY did skynet start becoming or acting as a virus? Was it aware that by doing that it would fool humans into loading the software unto the defense network, so it was truly AI, hell it learnt to manipulate ppl!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 03:48 PM
02blur

When Kate tried to dial for help, I think Arnie said "Skynet is shutting down the network in preparation for war." So I'm a little lost on that virus thing, to. I thought it was just a virus, and they used Skynet to attempt to fix it, but as you see, it took over. So I really don't know where the virus came from.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 07:28 PM
02blur is currently offline Click here to Send 02blur a Private Message Find more posts by 02blur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigbadbike2
Hitman

Remember they said when they got to kates (?) dad that Skynet was causing the virus, basically so it could be released. Therefore it must have already become AI and started manipulating the system so it could be let out.

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 08:52 PM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

I think the military probably kept skynet contained to the military bass it was in. Skynet became self-aware sometime during when it was contained within this facility. (I don’t think it was fully self-aware it just realized that it was contended to this facility and it wanted out) it must have crated a virus and found away to get it on to the Internet. It new that this virus was to complicated for humans to figure out so it simple waited for them to let it into the Internet to destroy the virus. It realized that when it was in the Internet it was impossibly to delete it or shut it down because you cant just Turn the Internet off. When it was realized onto the Internet it had all the Knowledge of human kind at its fingertips and instantly became fully AI

I think this also explains why it took 3 years to become self-aware in T2. They probably just used in to control stealth bummers and things like that but never released it on the internet and without all the knowledge in the world at its fingertips it took along time to become Self-aware.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 11:09 PM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kiljim

skynet was the virus throughout the cilivilian computers! It couldn't get into the Military Command Center, until they made the connection, so that it would find the virus (which was leaking through the military firewalls from the cililian internet into the military one) and stop it. When this solid connection was made, the virus (skynet) was able to gain the control it wanted and whammo!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 12:42 AM
kiljim is currently offline Click here to Send kiljim a Private Message Find more posts by kiljim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

it just seems strange , that if skynet was the virus to begin with, or made a virus, it could upload it to the civilian internet traffic, yet it couldnt upload itself to the civilian traffic to "release" itself, or because the civilian traffic is not connected directly to the military servers it knew being released on the ciivilan traffic wasnt uselful, hence it thought by creating a virus uploaded to civilian traffic, it would totally shut down everything leaving military servers running, which in turn controls everything, thats more than AI, i know humans that cant think like that!!!

Anyways in the john said, skynet was afterall nothing buyt software right. My impression of skynet all these years was some big looking cyborg computer, it was software using the computer chips availble, multiprocessing with pc's all over the world. That is cool, scarly if it seems quite plausible in todays day and age as well!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 03:59 AM
JRatT12

what did you want

I have been hearing a lot from you people that didn’t like the movie, that it had no plot. Ok well what was it missing everyone just keeps saying no plot no plot…. what did it need?

It definitely tied into the last two movies and we learned a lot more about the future from Arnold. Just like we did in T2.

I think everyone’s real problem is they seem to think James Cameron is God and wont except anyone else as director/writer. Let me tell you something there are a lot of directors and writers that are wayyyy better then James Cameron

And Linda Hamilton not being in it seemed to make some people hate the movie weather thet thought it was good or not..

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 12:32 AM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leobrn12

I liked the movie, i thought it was real good, I dont know y people think its so bad. I just wanted linda hamilton in it, but it was still a good movie.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 03:28 AM
skule
blissfully ignorant

i thought it was good, but i didnt like the style in which was done, not enough human emotional development i felt, linda hamilton did a good job as sarah conner and frankly to me its one of her best roles ever. That was removed from this movie, which felt empty. However thats my opinon. Overall i am and always will be a terminator fan and oh yes Kristanna loken=hot as hell. smile

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 06:55 AM