KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » what's the best Terminator 1 2 or 3

what is your favourite Terminator movie?
This poll is closed.
Terminator 2 11.11%
Terminator 2 12 66.67%
Terminator 3 4 22.22%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

what's the best Terminator 1 2 or 3
Started by: greeny33

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
alic88
Barzakh

t2z the best of the 3, after that t3 just and i mean JUST slips ahead of t1. t2:3d was amazing, something else. i would die 2 go there 1 more time

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 09:25 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

exactly t1 was raw and new but for me it was realistic, it was simple premis not bogged down to much by effects, it was a drama with a human story to be told, the love story in it gave the human quality, and then it was a sci fi as well. T2 expands more of course the effects were superb, t3 was like just a late night sci fi. But T1's simplicity never cluttered the movie storyline. Arnie was scary in it too, i was about 9 or 10 when it came out..scared the living hell out of me i still remeber arnie in the bar scene as he whips out the gun with the laser sighting and aims it at sarah, the look in his eye of pure evil about to anhiliate, plus the last part as u see the t800' with out the skin and those red eyes. For me that was superb. As always just my humble opinon

quote:
Originally posted by Ambarturion
People think T1 is the best for a number of reasons.
It has a gritty realistic feel.
It has suspense and action, and is well scripted.
It`s the basis for the Terminator films and sets up the universe.
Arnold is truly menacing in it, before he is made into a nice guy for the sequel (and made into a caricature for T3)
The story is emotionally moving, makes sense and ends satisfyingly.

T2 mostly expands on the first film, doing most of the same stuff just on a larger scale. It also changes the characters so that there is an interesting contrast with the first film, while adding more to the story without messing up what has gone before. All this while ending on a positive, hopeful note.

Whereas we come to T3. Without getting vicious, it quite frankly seems like it`s set in a completely different universe.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 12:12 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

but t3 isnt as bad at all as u guyz r saying it is.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 07:07 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

alice88 why do you say t3 wasn't as good as t1 and t2 and then say t2 is best followed by t2 3d then t3 and then t1. I'm not trying to be hard butseems like you want to make t3 better than t1 but you don't really feel that way. Did you bother to watch t1 ultimate edition? I'm, sorry t1 was the rawest, most action packed it was the bset?
why was t1 the bset?
1 it was a budget flick that becsaeu it was so good, actually that it had bega blockbuster a budget sucess
2 it was so good that those who wouldn't pay 6.8 mil produce t1, after actually seeing it produced drop down 100million for the second
3.Was made on a shoe string budget and yet had fewe mistakes than t1 or t2
4.I all actuallity had a more intimitating terminator
5.t2 was made from scrap ideas and plot that was removed from t1 to make it shorter and more to thr point which is why t2 has a londer dead space in the middle of the film..they minimzed it in t1 to maintain the pace.
6 you get the sense of hoplessness with t1 that you don't get with t2
7.you get the sense of intimidation and fear that isn't present in t2
8.the terminatoer hasn no good side, like in t2, no smooth edges
9.t1 has more grit, which is necessary for the plot
10.you get the feeling that he will not stop
11 scene for scene, action for action t 800 was the most relentless killing machine out of the 3 termnators (t1)
12.Arnold actually cted like a cyborg in t1
13.BELEIVE IT OR NOT, the plot was better, more in depth and better explained in t1 (i welcome anybody to ssay otherwise)
14. We see sarah change from soft to who she is in t2
15t1 was the only one with sex or nipples
16.t1 has something for everybody..even a love story
17. Although more expensive, eveyrhting was filmed at night for the effect that acmeron wanted
18 the soundtrack was excellent
19.the deaths were more gruesome then they they are in todays' society in t2 or t3 and t1 arnold killed more peole than too and tx did in t2 and t3 combined
20.the lazer ponter on the gun
21/ the car chase secent was better than any chase scent in any other term movie
22. the ****in motorcylce scen in t2 was more elaborate but not as creatvie or "evil" as the car through the window scene in t1..nobody ever did stuff like that yet and never seen it since.
23dr silberman deliberatky NEVER sees arnold in t1 camerons precise and deiberate timing adding to the incrdibilityof kyles's story and ensuring sarah and kyle would figh alone.
24.the pulling heart out was freakin' gold and they tried to copy it in t3 but it' sucked and the blood looked more real in t1
25 THE SPECIAL EFFECTS IN T! were MORE DIFFICULT TO DO AND MUCH MORE AMBITIOUS TO DO THAT THOSE IN T2, NEVERMIND THE TECHNICAL DISADVANTAGE of 1984

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 09:42 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

exactly what i feel too, the gruesome raw feel of the terminator in t1 was awesome, it was more on the story and less on the tech stuff. T2 is awesome though because of the technological advancements in special effects no doubt, but still nothing can hold a candle to t1, the terminator was relentless expression less a machine created to do one task only. T2 saw robert patrick doing that as well no doubt, but just that dark feel in t1 added to the scare and horror factor of the movie as well. There was no humor in t1, no arnie trying to smile and act stupid etc, although in t2 it did add to the character of the movie a bit more, in t3 it just got stupid really, "talk to the hand" and the stupid sunglasses he takes out of the jacket pocket. Comeon! I think those of us who are in the mid 20s - late 20's remeber watching t1 at the time it came out, at that time the movie was futuristic, but some i guess whom watched maybe after t2 or years after it came out see the old technical effects and obviously it looks outdated from today, hence cant appreciate it as much. But definatly for me T1 ..was superb. And will awalys be superb.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 10:46 AM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff

perhaps i gotta see T1 again coz it may just be a bit ahead of T3 but it is not as good as T2.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 05:23 PM
moviebuff is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff

and BTW T1 just made 80 million dollars worldwide

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 05:40 PM
moviebuff is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

t1 made 80 million, but only cost 6.8 million to make, so assuming it only made 6.8 million, then they made 10 times the cost of the movie..that's better than t3 or t2. You know aht's funny, robotic special effects made the terminator series.... nit the computer graphics. the stan winston part, the makeup..the traditional effects are the most interesting and the t-800 will always be the most interesting of the terminators regardless of all the hype of the new ones, the humanlike look, no frill, just raw brute murderous cyborg which is why we are all here..the infrared-the evil..the red eyes. THE SPECIAL EFFECTS IN T1 were more ambitious then any in t2 or t3 if anybodyt wants to know i'll tell you why. They didn't try as hard in t2. the only fake looking part was during the bathroom scent, but in t2 during the police shootout, you could tell that that was a robot too, but it' wasn't even a robot, it was a puppet.. in t1 it was actually a robot. t1 was more creatve and ti had more technical stuff in it that t2. really in t2 the best part of the makeup was tearing off the arm meat, but the missing arm looked fake as did the fat metal fingers and fat endoskeleton head..the good makeup was just before the head smashing scene, but sucked afterwards. the t2 soundtrack was a remake of the t1 soundtrack. too. T1 was it

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 08:50 PM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

i agree

great sig made by hegemon

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 10:29 PM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

it's only fair t1 was the jc masterpiece which is why everyone after t1 became a household name..not so with terminator2

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 10:47 PM
dulobast25

ther aslo were more high quality actors in t1

dulobast25

everybody who actually prefers t1 isn't placing it on the vote

skule
blissfully ignorant

polls closed sad
anyways , t1 superb, 6.8 mill to make and made 80 mill in its day thats awesome. Also the effort that went into the puppet making and the robot figures etc were painstaking, for me as i see more and more if not all movies in cgi although the fluid movements are awesome its just a game like quality to it, i saw the hulk was ok ..cant compare to lou feriggno in the series one bit, why lou was a real actor (i mean a real person!) it makes it more "real" T1 had that effect, plus the fear in sarahs eyes, and kyles hopeless quest to protect her, i wish they make more movies like that.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 04:02 AM
dulobast25

yeah did you see t1 special edition? that will let all these no beleivers see why t1 deserves to be the best terminator movie

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 10:04 AM
skule
blissfully ignorant

yeah i saw it dont own it, but i had seen the behinds the scenes stuff with cameron and his crew, all paintstaking effort went into movie the t800 body frame with a few guys underneath holding it up as i recall. To be honest now that i think about it, i started really getting into sci fi after watcing the terminator, because it addressed technology and time travel, and i have been intrigued by it since..i guess like most of u guys too, but it was terminator that made be realise it, when i was about 9 smile That movie rocks, T2 close 2nd! yeah yeah i keep repeating that. oh dulobast dont u ever sleep wink

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 11:42 AM
dulobast25

man the freakin's cigarette smoke thing was freakin simple genius

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 07:51 PM
skule
blissfully ignorant

ahhhh a fellow smoker

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 02:54 AM
dulobast25

wasn't that idea freakin cool?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 07:35 AM
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

T2 is definatly the best by far.

Join my Terminator site if you want!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 10:44 PM
Evanescence is currently offline Click here to Send Evanescence a Private Message Find more posts by Evanescence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

yup. best movie of all times

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:37 PM