KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » How is this history possible?

How is this history possible?
Started by: mrMallorca

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

well past present and future are all different timelines just on the same long strecth highway, and ounce you change one of the three you get some swurves and turns in your highway, by now the terminator highway is a crazy eight on acid

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 11:22 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

ok i read all your feedback and i just had to add on too. Here is what i think of the timeline in this case.

In the untainted timeline, sarah conner is a young girl living in california dating working whatever much like todays society many have a kid with a man/boy who will not be around to be the kids active father. I belive sarah has a kid with a guy some regular guy whatever she gets pregnant has a kid, after thinking of what to name him she names him john, john is a common name and its not an unheard of name so what ever the case maybe, sarah would name him john. All this is a given sarah will probably get pregnant have a kid odds are the kid gets the name john, even subconsiously perhaps the name john plays in her head, i know sometimes i wonder what to name my future kid and think of names too i am sure some of u do too. Ok remeber this is the "untainted time line"

now the tainted time line:
Kyle and terminator arnie are sent back from the future, situtations change, instead sarah gets pregnant with kyles kid, kyle tells her about the great john conner, as i said the name john is common and a "good name" to sarah, she thinks and realises to name him john that does not mean if kyle wasnt sent back to tell her about john she would not have named him john. I hope u all follow me here.

Also one of u guys said in the timelines john would have been 2 diffrent men because in the untainted time line the father is not kyle yet how can kyle get sent back to be the father if the first time line existed etc, yes brain freeze. But,
this is what i think logically. In the untainted time line sarah has a kid, its fated he gets the name john, man invents skynet and skynet blows up the planet basically the humans survive etc. Sarah conner is a strong willed person, she raises her kid to be strong, not depending on a man to fend for ones self to make your own descisions etc , teaching john all this thus contributing to john as a person who will go on to be the military leader, this is because of sarahs personality in raising him that way.
In the untainted timeline sarah has been told about john as a leader, she conciously raises him to be that leader etc. The 2 times lines have diffrent characters but the core is the same know what i mean. The key is sarah raising john that way because she is that way.

Thats my 2 cents smile

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 02:30 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

how about sarah gets pregnant with some unknown guy, and then later in the future john send reese back to protect his mother, and he gets her pregnant instead of some unkown guy, i mean hows that hard to understand it wouldnt change anything in eigther times except john is now reeses son, i mean john might end up being older than kyle but still it makes sense

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 04:15 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

and when kyle gets her pregnant thats why she names him john because hes told her so much about whats going to happen and thats why she teaches him how to fight and everything she knows about machines which gives john knowledge not many people have after judgment day which is why he would become leader

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 04:16 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Bad banana is right, it really is not worth trying to bend your head around the impossible logic of it- like most stuff in sci fi, it makes no SCIENTIFIC sense, just go with the flow. Time travel is ALWAYS the sci-fi thing with no logic. I mean, the phenomenon of the impossibility of sci-fi time travel was being parodied by Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy over 25 years ago! These logicless temporal thingies in sci-fi are a cliche- it does not matter. The logic of it is secondary to the plot created with it.

But there was never any other guy- Reese was always John's father. Skynet always effectively invented itself when it sent the first Terminator back. There is no 'untainted' or 'first time' timeline, it is a time loop that creates itself. Yes, that is impossible. No, it does not matter.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Aug 25th, 2003 at 02:02 AM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 10:20 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krassin
Rob Zombie

well,i think that the past 'n future just keep repeating
and that the past present and future are in different dimensions,becouse if you are in the future,and someone changes the past,you and nothing around you is just going to "pop" and change,but rather that the future will change in the future of the past dimension,where the change was made

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 06:47 AM
krassin is currently offline Click here to Send krassin a Private Message Find more posts by krassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Always remember the 'flux capacitor'.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 07:47 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krassin
Rob Zombie

what a 'flux capacitor'?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 04:47 AM
krassin is currently offline Click here to Send krassin a Private Message Find more posts by krassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

quote:
Originally posted by krassin
what a 'flux capacitor'?

a flux capacitor is what makes time travel possible. Dont you remeber when doc brown slipped of the toilet while hanging the picture and he got a vision ..of the flux capacitor

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 07:50 AM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bad banana

In other words, the most vital aspect of the Back to the Future series, which is what made time travel in the Delorean possible.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 08:59 PM
bad banana is currently offline Click here to Send bad banana a Private Message Find more posts by bad banana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambarturion

Yes.. You won`t get far if you can`t capacitate flux.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 09:58 PM
Ambarturion is currently offline Click here to Send Ambarturion a Private Message Find more posts by Ambarturion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah with a delorean, some plutoniam and a Y shaped peice of plastic with 5 syllables any one can travel through time and you can even keep your clothes on

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 12:33 AM
skule
blissfully ignorant

at 88 miles an hour yes u can. smile i love that movie too heh. but ok thats for a diffrent thread.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 10:38 AM
dulobast25

it's like the chicken or egg thing and the who came before go thing....we think in terms of caueal connection that one thing must preceed another in order to cause that thing or effect. I think it's like a snail shell and when changed another path rises from thr first. i think first time around, kye was not his father, he became his father becaue he had to protect her not the other way around. in out time line, it is evident that the even already had happended. and james cameron is awar of the confusion and mentions it when sarah says, your are talking about what i'm going to do in the future in the past tense and it's driving me crazy.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 10:57 PM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

thats what i feel too that john conner was to be born regardless of whom father him, but some have said kyle is always to be johns father, that its an endless loop kyle was to always come back to father john. So anyways no i am not gonna think about it anymore, brain hurts!

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 03:54 AM
dulobast25

i agree with the first, it's the mother that is important, not the father

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 04:01 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

Worried

Everyone's right!!

Originally, back in the good old days, when nobody knew the words 'sequel' 'cash-cow' 'dead horse' Kyle had to be sent back to become John's father, and the T-800 had to be sent back to be destroyed to usher in the invention of SkyNet... the future would not exist if these things didn't happen... the future is not set, but (in order to believe any of this) you have to be stronger than you imagine you can be... it would be impossible for the future to exist, but it is already impossible for that future to exist, because it didnt already exist in the past... impossible...

then, someone went back in time and invented the term 'sequel' and T2 was born from this discovery, and had to go on and try to explain how the future is not set, and that we have no fate but that which we make for ourselves... things were changed, time-lines altered, and the money poured in...

then someone went back in time again, and invented the term 'cash-cow' and lo, T3 was begat from this new improved alteration of the original term 'sequel'... the invention of the Brewster Dad and daughter, the pre-T2 orgy fest in Cripkey's basement, the coincidence/fate thing still reasonably solid, and on top of that, a hot female cyborg cyborg-killing machine!! WOW!! Now that the future is so unset and unsettled, the producers/directors of T3 waste no time with story and character building, but just race thru the movie like a runaway weird-crane vehicle or remote-controlled cop car, until in the end, we realize that the Judgement Day warned about in the original, untainted T1 was, in fact, inevitable... the future was set, fate can't be avoided, because, after all, it is FATE, after all...

which unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your view, will lead to the powers that be once more stepping back in time, to build on the same old idea of the 'cash-cow' Terminator franchise, resulting in yet another alteration/aberration of the phrase... I give you: T4:'dead horse'

smile

this from a guy who wrote a T4 himself... yikes!

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 10:27 PM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i dont agree with u fully. ya i agree the terminator just completed the story 100 percent but lemme tell ya i wouldnt b writing in this forum if it werent for t2 even t3. coz those 2 movies made me stronger fanz n i m sure every1 agrees with me

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 04:26 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

shorter posts alic... I only got as far as 'I dont' before I stopped reading, because you use too many words

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 04:32 PM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

? 1 post is enough u r getting on me fuc!in nerves.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 04:34 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote