Antoine Fuqua Tries On Soderberghs 'Jacket'[Saturday, September 28th, 2002]
Antoine Fuqua ("Training Day") is in negotiations to helm the drama "The Jacket" of a falsely imprisoned man who learns how to see into the future and tries to change his fate, reports Variety.
Producers on "The Jacket" include Mandalay Films and partners George Clooney and Steven Soderbergh through their Warner Bros.-based Section Eight banner.
Fuqua's profile as an action director has risen since "Training Day" received Academy Award nominations this year for Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke, with the former ultimately winning the actor Oscar. He directed and was a producer on Revolution's military rescue drama "Tears of the Sun," which stars Bruce Willis and wrapped this summer.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]