Rings To Be Longer, "Heavier" Than Potter[Thursday, November 8th, 2001]
The first in the 'Lord Of The Rings' trilogy films is to be longer than the Harry Potter movie, running time is said to be "closer to three hours." Whereas the 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone' is at two hours and 32 minutes.
According to LA Times, the producers of the 'Lord Of The Rings' trilogy believe their film will be more popular with children over the age of 12.
John Rhys-Davies, who plays the heroic dwarf Gimli, says his fantasy film will win the box office battle between the two.
"I dread to say it, but I actually think, when the two films are looked at side by side, you'll see one has a texture and a depth and a moral dimension to it that will make Harry Potter look a little slight," he told the Daily Record.
"That's not a bad thing. I'm not being dismissive of Harry Potter. I think it will do well - but it's pretty lightweight stuff.
"Lord Of The Rings author JRR Tolkien is a considerable writer and, I think, a considerable thinker."
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]