Lord Of The Rings Is Top Of The Charts[Sunday, December 23rd, 2001]
The first installment of The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring is breaking charts and making history. Firstly it has had the 3rd highest opening for a mid-week opener taking in $18.2m in the US.
Secondly, its number one in the box office charts. According to the estimates it has taken $45.3m over weekend and a cumulative total of $73.2m and is set to grow over the Christmas and New Year weekend.
Thirdly, it has been voted number one in IMDbs Top 100 with a User Rating of 9.2, beating the likes of Godfather, Shawshank Redemption and Schindlers List. The poll only considers votes from regular voters, so reaching the number one position is quite an achievement.
The next installment of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy - The Two Towers, will be released December 2002.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]