Peter Jackson Reveals 'Return Of The King' Ending[Tuesday, March 18th, 2003]
The official 'Lord of the Rings' Fan Club magazine asked director Peter Jackson in a recent edition about the final scenes in the final 'Lord of the Rings' movie - Return of the King. TheOneRing has the clip.
By now we all know that the "Scouring of the Shire" won't be in the films due to the fact that there can't be a second, lesser climax in the story after the larger events that take place. But please tell us if you are going to use the "Sailing away from Middle-Earth" ending, which would age the characters a year or two from their final battles in the films and provide a more fitting farewell to such well-loved characters?
The answer is "yes."
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]