18 'Lord Of The Rings' Stars Rebel Against Studio[Friday, November 28th, 2003]
Eighteen members of the Lord of the Rings cast rebelled against New Line Cinemas over their bonus payments, according to the BBC.
The actors, who have not been named, are said to have complained that their bonus payments for the second movie were less than their first.
The actors are said to have noticed that the bonus payments, which are paid for promotional work and premieres, had excluded certain people.
The 18 people group are said to have written a letter to New Line chairman Richard Parsons in which they appealed to him over the payments.
The group are now said to have struck a deal for the final movie in which a bonus pool will be created, and which the whole cast will share.
The Return of the King, the final installment in the trilogy, will get it's world Premiere in New Zealand on December 1st.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]