Tom Hanks Joins Coens 'Ladykillers'[Tuesday, December 10th, 2002]
Tom Hanks is set to star next summer in "The Ladykillers," a contemporized Coen Brothers remake of the 1955 black comedy, reports Variety.
He will play an eccentric Southern professor who puts together a gang of double-crossing thieves to rob a riverboat casino. They rent a room in an old woman's house, but when she discovers the scheme, somebody has to kill her. The landlady proves tough to dispatch, however. Alec Guinness and Peter Sellers starred in the original.
Joel and Ethan Coen wrote the script; Joel will direct and Ethan will produce the Disney project, although the roles have traditionally been blurred. The film will begin production by next summer in L.A., with additional shooting to be done along the Mississippi River.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]