Thomas Jane On 'The Punisher' Role[Tuesday, April 13th, 2004]
Thomas Jane, star of The Punisher, says he went through a tough physical regimen for his role as Frank Castle. "I think at the end I put on about 25 pounds of muscle," he told Sci-Fi Wire. "That's the real true figure."
"I knew going in reading the comics that it was a very physical part," he said. "The key to the character for me was through the physicality of the part. I took that very, very seriously. I went to the gym twice a day, sort of a controversial method among bodybuilders as to whether or not that works, but it worked for me, and I hit one body part twice a day and then the special diet."
Jane adds that he was relieved when production ended so he could return to his normal diet. "Krispy Kreme donuts and Guinness beer came out the day we stopped," he said. "When the check stops coming, I stop going to the gym."
The Punisher opens nationwide April 16.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]