Spidey Caught In Marvel Legal Web[Saturday, May 11th, 2002]
Buena Vista is being sued by Marvel Enterprises for using artwork intended to publicise the forthcoming Spider-Man feature film in order to publicise an unrelated cartoon television series, reports Guardian.
Marvel claims that Buena Vista copied some artwork of Spider-Man to publicise the cartoon, which was also deliberately timed to coincide with the cinematic release of the movie, despite having no links to it.
The suit, which was filed in Manhattan, seeks to require Buena Vista to destroy all the artwork already in circulation. Although Buenva Vista had permission to release the cartoon, Marvel claims it had not given away the right to use Marvel's Spider-Man artwork and that "Marvel has not consented to or approved of such usage".
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]