'SpiderMan 2' Trailer To Feature In 'The Apprentice'[Monday, April 5th, 2004]
A new 2 1/2 minuter trailer for the sequel SpiderMan 2 is to feature in the NBCs TV episode The Apprentice on Thursday night at 9pm, according to USA Today.
The second SpiderMan 2 trailer, which hits theater screens the next day, is the latest effort by film executives to air extended footage on television and the Internet to hype their movies. Most TV trailers run only 30 seconds and rarely air before running in theaters.
"We've got to look at unconventional ways to get our message across," says head of marketing for Sony. "Running your trailer in a theater is a great place because you've got a captivated, moviegoing audience. But if you want to reach a broader, more general audience, you need to go beyond the theater."
TV certainly has a wider draw than a theatrical trailer. Last week's episode of The Apprentice drew 22.8 million viewers. By comparison, a movie trailer attached to this week's No. 1 movie had an audience of about 4 million.
In the SpiderMan 2 trailer, which will run about 40 minutes into the show, audiences will see more of the villain, Doc Ock, and more of Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire), who wants to give up the Spidey costume.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]