Director Matthew Vaughn Signs Up For 'X-Men 3'[Tuesday, March 22nd, 2005]
Layer Cake director Matthew Vaughn is set to replace Bryan Singer in 20th Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment's X-Men 3, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Bryan Singer, director of the previous two X-Men movies, ended negotiations for the project last summer, and moved onto Warner Bros. Superman Returns.
Currently Hugh Jackman is signed up to reprise his Wolverine role, while Halle Berry, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart are in talks to return.
Filming is scheduled to begin early in the summer, for a final release currently aimed at Memorial Day May 26, 2006.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]