KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Conspiracy Forum » The misuse of ancient culturals in Conspiracy theory.

The misuse of ancient culturals in Conspiracy theory.
Started by: KharmaDog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

The misuse of ancient culturals in Conspiracy theory.

More than once I have seen people try to support their chosen conspiracy theory based on the interpretations of the writings or art history of said ancient by select minorities.

I encourage people who use these sources to study the sources themselves as opposed to just taking the word of those who also support your theories. If one chose to do that I believe you would better enrich both your understanding of history, and respect ancient cultures for what they were and what they did as opposed to a mythical portrayal of their knowledge or accomplishments.

I would also ask you to investigate the "so called experts" who have translated these texts and drawings for conspiracy sites. Investigate their training and credentials. I studied ancient cultures and art history for four years (and I continue to 15 years later) but I don't claim to be an expert. I am amused how many "experts" are out there and how often they seem to have no credentials whatsoever.

If aliens influenced ancient egyptian knowledge, I doubt they would have believed that "disease and death were not natural and inevitable, but caused by some malign influence which could use any agency, natural or invisible, and very often belonged to the invisible world..

If ancient cultures could predict the future, I would think that they would have been able to avoid (or at least foretold of) their own cultural demise.

If the atlantis of legend existed, how could such purported accurate records be kept of it's history, yet all it's technological wonders be lost? Or how could they just reappear now?

My point is, research isn't about just reading people who you already believe or just investigating information that already supports your predisposed beliefs, it's also investigating opposing ideas and most importantly researching the validity of your sources and the trail of breadcrumbs that brings them to thier final conclusions.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 11:12 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

funny how thats something you NEVER do when people give you their resources to back up what their saying.anytime someone gives you the name of a book or ANY source where they got their information and how it documents everything they are talking about,you never bother to check it out and research it.You just go off and insult people and when people insult you back,you go and whine and act like an innocent victem. roll eyes (sarcastic)

you may have no problem getting Deano to take your bait but I dont play your childish game and take your bait anymore.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Mar 13th, 2007 at 11:41 PM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 11:39 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Parker
funny how thats something you NEVER do when people give you their resources to back up what their saying.

Do you ever pay attention? There has been multiple times where I have researched and discredited Dean's and others' sources. Just because I don'e do it everytime does not lessen the point.

anytime someone gives you the name of a book or ANY source where they got their information and how it documents everything they are talking about,you never bother to check it out and research it.

Rash generalization or inability to read any of my posts...we'll let the viewers decide.

You just go off and insult people and when people insult you back,you go and whine and act like an innocent victem. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You do realize that that's all you do don't you? You have not contributed to any thread that you've participated in other than a cheerleader or troll. To make matters worse, when you insult someone you can't even be funny.

you may have no problem getting Deano to take your bait but I dont play your childish game and take your bait anymore.

Uhhmmm...you do realized that I wasn't even trying to get your attention, and yet you jumped right into this thread and attacked me without even acknowledging anything about the thread's topic don't you? That's trolling? Am I going to have to report you? And aren't you supposed to be ignoring me?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 12:33 AM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NuclearWinter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Very Well Kharma.

If you are to take that stand, than I am also supposed to believe that you are willing to take the word on the MANY scientists who show evidence that such a Continent existed as well. About Atlantis that is.

Including many of the greats, like Plato, ect.

Also...I am supposed to believe that you are willing to accept that there is a major possibility that Atlantis existed, because you of all people wouldn't be so biased as to take one side of the issue permanently? Right? Without having looked into the issue for yourself? And instead of ONLY going on the word of the ones who believe it not to be true?

Also...if you look at Egyptian history, and if you look up the term Aha-Men-Ptah, you will see that they spoke very much about this place and called it their "First Heart of God", and also that there are many references to this place both within their own city of Egypt and in other places of the World as well.

There might be different legends around the World which speak about the same place but use a different name to describe it, but either way the legends still exist.

http://entertainmentcentral.iboards.us/

Last edited by NuclearWinter on Mar 14th, 2007 at 12:46 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 12:43 AM
NuclearWinter is currently offline Click here to Send NuclearWinter a Private Message Find more posts by NuclearWinter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Originally posted by NuclearWinter
Including many of the greats, like Plato, ect.

quote:
Atlantis (Greek: Ἀτλαντὶς νῆσος, "Island of Atlas") is the name of an island first mentioned and described by the classical Greek philosopher Plato in the dialogues Timaeus and Critias. In Plato's account, Atlantis, lying "beyond the pillars of Hercules", was a naval power which conquered many parts of western Europe and Africa 9000 years before Plato's own time—approximately 9400 BC. After a failed attempt to invade Athens, Atlantis sank into the ocean "in a single day and night of misfortune." As a story embedded in Plato's dialogues, Atlantis is generally seen as a myth created by Plato to illustrate his political theories. Although the function of the story of Atlantis seems clear to most scholars, they dispute whether and how much Plato's account was inspired by older traditions. Some scholars argue Plato drew upon memories of past events such as the Thera eruption or the Trojan War, while others insist that he took inspiration of contemporary events like the destruction of Helike in 373 BC or the failed Athenian invasion of Sicily in 415–413 BC.

Have you read Plato?

Also...I am supposed to believe that you are willing to accept that there is a major possibility that Atlantis existed, because you of all people wouldn't be so biased as to take one side of the issue permanently? Right? Without having looked into the issue for yourself? And instead of ONLY going on the word of the ones who believe it not to be true?

When I was a child I believed in the lost continent of atlantis. As I matured and educated myself, I came to the realization that an entire contintinent does not dissappear without a sign. I also realized that there may have been a small island that had a city on it that was a wealthy port and that it may have suffered a catastrpohe, and that that is most likely what the fable of atlantis grew from.

Also...if you look at Egyptian history, and if you look up the term Aha-Men-Ptah, you will see that they spoke very much about this place and called it their "First Heart of God", and also that there are many references to this place both within their own city of Egypt and in other places of the World as well.

Type "Aha-Men-Ptah" into google and you get 84 results. Of those 84, 4 are in English. Of those 4 in english:

-2 are from www.howtosurvive2012.com

-1 is from www.forumgarden.com on a forum, in a thread entitled," WW3 - New World Order - Pole Shift - Age of Peace (2006-2012)" (which I suspect you are involved in.

- 1 is from www.freedomsphoenix.com

Is this the balance of the base of your research?

Please find me other sources regarding this subject to investigate and I will gladly do so.

Last edited by KharmaDog on Mar 14th, 2007 at 01:16 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:02 AM
NuclearWinter
Restricted

Account Restricted

I bet you a million dollars I can find other results besides that.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:13 AM
NuclearWinter is currently offline Click here to Send NuclearWinter a Private Message Find more posts by NuclearWinter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

I bet you a million dollars I can find other results besides that.

Wow, that's real mature. And how would you collect that million dollars? Grow up.

Seriously, you missed my point altogether. Google is a search engine that has millions of resource material, and that is what turned up.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:15 AM
NuclearWinter
Restricted

Account Restricted

It took me a few seconds and here are the results I pulled up for Aha-Men-Ptah (Atlantis).

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/e...pto_colonia.htm - This one is in another language so it may not do you much good. lol.

http://www.howtosurvive2012.com/htm/laby_04.htm - Heres a good one. This guy is a scientist in Math.

There are more...but already I have proven you wrong.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:20 AM
NuclearWinter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here is another that came up. An article on Excavations for Atlantis (Aha-Men-Ptah)

http://freedomsphoenix.com/Feature-...m?InfoNo=005569

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:22 AM
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

It took me a few seconds and here are the results I pulled up for Aha-Men-Ptah (Atlantis).

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/e...pto_colonia.htm - This one is in another language so it may not do you much good. lol.

http://www.howtosurvive2012.com/htm/laby_04.htm - Heres a good one. This guy is a scientist in Math.

There are more...but already I have proven you wrong.

You just proved my point by posting a link that wasn't in english and posting another link that I referenced. Excellent work there Sherlock! thumb up

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:23 AM
NuclearWinter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alright I could find more indeed but I'm done playing games with you I have work to do. =)

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:23 AM
NuclearWinter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Proving your point? I wiped your point clear off the map? Whatcha talkin bout?

Your point was that I couldn't find any other sources. And I found 3. One that you listed, ok, but I found more.

Point taken. Point broken.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:24 AM
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Alright I could find more indeed but I'm done playing games with you I have work to do. =)

Bow out gracefully, that's it. But you first have to provide A source before you provide MORE.

The smilie face ads to your credibility too.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:26 AM
NuclearWinter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look instead of having a little "schoolyard brawl" with you, I'm going to make one thing VERY clear to you Kharma.

The Ancient Atlanteans had 2,000 years to prepare for their Pole-Shift.

We have less than 6.

You do the math. Debates aren't going to help us at this point. It's literally do or die time now.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:27 AM
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Proving your point? I wiped your point clear off the map? Whatcha talkin bout?

Your point was that I couldn't find any other sources. And I found 3. One that you listed, ok, but I found more.

Point taken. Point broken.

You posted from the limited number of options I gave you.. are you really that thick? I am embarrassed for having thought that you actually had something going on upstairs.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:28 AM
NuclearWinter
Restricted

Account Restricted

And I'll ask you something else. Say you're right, and it doesn't happen. Fine and dandy. Let's all celebrate over some wine and strippers. lol. A little hobby of mine. While I'm still single anyways.

Now let's say it does happen......

What then? What's your reasoning behind that possibility? Do you even have one? What the **** you plan to do? Sit and watch or spread the word?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:28 AM
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Look instead of having a little "schoolyard brawl" with you, I'm going to make one thing VERY clear to you Kharma.

This is not a brawl, except for the fact that you are being angry and frustrated that your sources are proven to be absolutly lame.

That is what has been made clear.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:29 AM
NuclearWinter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Again your opinion doesn't mean JACK in this case Kharma.

Is your opinion going to save us from the Pole-Shift? lol.

I can see it now, (2009-2012 rolls around), and the Pole-Shift takes place.

Everybody is screaming and running around wildly.

Kharma Dog: Don't worry everybody, I have an opinion on the matter.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:31 AM
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

And I'll ask you something else. Say you're right, and it doesn't happen. Fine and dandy. Let's all celebrate over some wine and strippers. lol. A little hobby of mine. While I'm still single anyways.

Now let's say it does happen......

What then? What's your reasoning behind that possibility? Do you even have one? What the **** you plan to do? Sit and watch or spread the word?

What kind of dumbass logic is that?

By that logic I should be prepared for a jetliner crashing into my drivway? There's a mathematical possibility of that happening. In fact, it's a greater possibility than the theories that you've put forth.

Are you fricken' serious?!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:31 AM
NuclearWinter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look Kharma all I'm saying is that I would love for you to be right, and that the Pole-Shift is not going to happen.

But if you don't at least consider the possibility that it IS going to happen, than you have already let down your peers by taking one position and not the other. And not weighing them both out or preparing for the worst. And also by bringing certain folks down with you and your ignorance.

You willing to accept that responsibility?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:34 AM