Who Is Faster, Superman or the Flash?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo_Version 7
This has been widely discussed in recent years and I was wondering what you guys thought about it. I think Flash is relatively faster, coz of the fact that he's named Flash. I mean Supes might beat him in an around the world race but only because Super man doesn't run, but hovers on the ground. It's wierd. But Im still up for Flash.

Yeah i think this was in an episode of Superman once, but i don't think any of them won because they ending up having to beat an evil dude(some dude who controlled the weather). But i agree i think flash is a bit faster on the ground. Superman (since he can fly and flash cannot) is obviously faster in the air

ragesRemorse
superman is faster than a speeding bullet but flash is as fast as the speed of light, FLASH no contest

Neo_Version 7
Hmm. I see. But what if Superman flys while Flash stays on the ground and then they race. Who wins then? Flash, right?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
if superman is faster than flash then y do we even have a flash?

Neo_Version 7
Exactly.

ragesRemorse
well seing how superman is supposedly the strongest superhero, then why do we have any other superhero's, Variety. Even though supes got beat to death like a little bit*ch. i hope flash runs into superman one day and they both parish into nothingness

gambit88
this is a no brainer flash is said to be the fastest man alive by whoever does dc comics so i go with flash

besides i never did like superman even his name is pathetic there's no fun in him he has super everything never having to use his brain or anything even his name has nothing cool about it

ragesRemorse
yeah but he sure is super

nV myMovieskill
yep you guys flash is the fastest. what you guys think of Vin Diesel playing the flash...

DemonicGambit-2
I don't think Vin Diesel would work as playing the Flash. I mean the Flash is well fast. And for someone to be fast they have to be lean, and not as muscular as Vin.

But I agree I think Flash would beat Supes in a race

LeAtHerRFace
FlaSh====

Matrix_man
i gotta say Flash too.

regex_1
I am going with superman. Based on the fact Sup's can fly. He does not half to dodge stuff as he goes.

Joker1237
Flash is very very fast but not as fast as Supeman

Aquaman can dive very very deep, but not as deep as superman

Wonder Woman is very very tough, but not as tough as Superman,

Whats the point of having a JL when a guy like Superman on the team?>??

Neo_Version 7
Well one particular reason being he can't be at two places at once.

ragesRemorse
well all we need to do is get ahold of the comic book where the two raced. one of Dc's first crossovers

Cyclops
If Superman was faster... then the Flash wouldnt be anything but a really fast guy.

John Deer
i think superman is probly not faster but he could kick flashs a**

anazazi
HI.I think you guys are all wrong!!!
The fastest superhero is...Of course Marvel's: NOVA!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

TheFilmProphet
In my oppinion their speed is just about equal.

BloomBabyGirl
ya it should be equal...according to justice league it is

pr1983
superman, by a nose

Gregory
Flash is faster.

TheFilmProphet
wink

Exactly.

Ytaker
Flash can go faster on earth because he is protected by the speed force from air resisitance and friction. Superman has to force his way through angry air molecules, and endure extreme heat. In space Superman could exceed Flash's speed; for example when he caught up with light escaping earth, and took a photo of it.

Magee
WTF? Thats wat flash is lol.
Basicaly they r the same speed. Theres a few comics where they race. Theres one were aliens make em race to the other end of the galaxy, Superman flies and Flash runs on a special path. I think it was a draw or sumthin not sure. But anyway Superman has the advantage of being able to fly. Superman is arguably faster than the Flash.

TheFilmProphet
True

norrin radd
Pre-Crisis superman could be equally fast (talking also about PC flash), but now? no ****ing way, flash runs almost at the speed of light.

superman has in several comics admited that flash is faster then him.

growingonme
I think the flash is much faster than superman. Super is stronger but not faster though. What episode is it that flash got a pic of the light escaping earth?

Supra
Flash is faster. Watch Smallvilee season 4 with Flash, he smokes Clark

Goldeneye
I agree completely that the Flash is faster. The Flash is said to be able to move beyond the speed of light but he becomes less matter and more energy. Superman can move way faster when flying than when he runs, but he can only approach the speed of light but is hort by a couple of miles a second...I agree with Supra anyway. Watch Smallville to see.

Goldeneye
By the way Vin Deisel might not be able to pull it off. Besides his voice is to deep and dull and lacks the suave cool attitude of the real Flash...besides how fast does he look to you?... I say our best actor so far would be Michael Rosenbaum (Lex on Smallville and voice of the Flash on Justice League). My turn now... What do you think of Brandon Routh playing Superman?...would Tom Welling be better (if he wanted to wear tights)...?

TheFilmProphet
There is at least a few people who could play a decent Flash and Vin is not one of them.

Tom can play a good young Clark but I don't know if could pull off two characters (Superman and Clark)

Supra
Tom Could def pull it off, we dont even know who this Routh Guy is, Tom Welling can play Superman cause he is right now! He is bad ass.

Hey what you mean by ", but he can only approach the speed of light but is hort by a couple of miles a second"

hort? I am comfused can you explain that for me.

Flash is faster than superman running, Superman flying and flash running, pretty much the same thing, Jor-EL said in Superman 1 that he could move at unlimted speed while flying.

Goldeneye
Yeah in the movie Superman also rewinded time by turning the earth the other way. How fake is that!! That couldn't really happen, and in Spiderman they changed how his webbing works. Movies always change something. Anyway, I could be wrong even though I'm right you gotta look at this from a goldeneye. I hate to go all physics on you Supra esp. since I'm not the smartest guy on earth but light travels at 186,000 per sec and Supes in said in one comic (I'll let you know if I find it), that he could travel so close to it, but never reached it. But even if I'm wrong Flash is still faster than Superman and I used to wish Superman was faster when I saw the movie and his parents made it seem like he would be the fastest. To me it was like Flash snatched the title from him. But guess I learned to deal with it and the Flash is one of my favorites. That was kinna long...I'll make it a bit shorter next time. wink

Supra
I know flash is faster by far, he is the fastest, he turns into pure eneregy when he gets going faster than light, but at that speed he cannot do anything..ie...rescure people, block bullets with his body and do everything else superman can do.

Remember when Supe in Lois and Clark turned his body into pure energy when he was traped in a force feild and go through the force field cause he made his body shiver so fast, it was pretty cool

Flash is faster

Lain Wave
didnt superman go faster than the speed of light in a comic to escape a black hole? flash could approach it but not surpass it

Magee
Actualy it is theroized that if u can travel around the world at the speed of light u can go back in time (time travel). Im not so good at explaning the science stuff though.

Draco69
I don't know why we are even discussing this. Time and time again, the Flash has been labeled as the Fastest Man Alive. The Flash is capable of surpassing the speed of light. Superman is quite fast on land or on air but he cannot reach the speed of light. There have been numerous occasions where Superman has been beaten by the Flash in a race. Superman has said numerous times that the Flash is faster than him. There is no limit to Flash's speed since he draws from an endless supply of energy called the Speed Force

cookie808
i was watching a episode which had them both racing around the world to find out who was the fastist but they both were evenly matched
bunny

DarkAge
'Superman may be powerful, I'm the fastest man alive"--Flash, Justice League Episode 1

'Flash can move at the speed of light, even I'm not that fast."--Superman, a different episode.

That's pretty much it.

SnakeEyes
This should not really be a debate... The Flash IS faster

lassonofkrypton
Don't bring Smallville into this Clark is not yet Superman and of course Flash can smoke him. Supermans power is activated by the earths sun thats why in the "Pery" episode he ran so fast because of the solar flare. Supes in Smallville has not yet went to his full potential. He charges up by the sun. Now Flash running on the ground vs Superman running Flash would win by a few inches. Yet when Superman flies they are the same speed. Yet as much as I like Superman, Flash is faster on ground. Again by Air Superman is just as fast. Superman is faster than Flash in space. Again Flash vs Supes on ground Flash wins. Supes vs Flash while Superman is flying they tie. In space Superman is faster. They are both about the same.

K3VIL
Why i have to read fanboys affermations?
Superman would NEVER be fast as the Flash is.Flash is the fastest man alive.He can exceed lightspeed.The flying abilities of Superman doesn't count.We are talking about speedster.If you mention that Superman can reach unlimited flying speed(that has to be demonstrated) i can mention that the Kingdom Come Flash was also able to fly thanks to his total control over is molecular structure, so he was faster both on air and on ground.Anyway, Flash is faster.Superman is the strong big boyscout, Flash is the speedster.

x_danny_x
true, whatever someone says that Superman is faster than the flash and bring an example, Someone else can find example that beats the speed of Superman or the actions that he does makes the Flash way faster than the speed of light!

baddspellahl4
I hope you're not talking kindgdom come. flash was so fast that he could literally be in more than one place at a time

eleveninches
Superman is fast, but flash can reach the speed of light, so he is faster than superman. Although they have raced each other on various occasions and flash only just wins.

BTW, any green lantern can travel faster than flash. Flash is limited to the speed of light, wheras a GL can trave across the entire universe within a matter of days or less.

norrin radd

wuTa
flash is the fastes....flash can travel to other dimensions...he's known as "the fastest man alive"...not as "the fastest man alive besides superman and green lantern"

42Bardock
Flash is faster, After the Crisis Supes was nowhere the same level he was before anymore. Flash goes at light speed supes can't.

42Bardock
GL is actually ****ing fast when it comes to flying through space, although Supes is too, but running or flying on the earth no one gets Flash not even Zoom

K3VIL
That's the point.If they give Flash the ability to fly, or to better explain Wally just starts to use well his powers, cause since his power is a quantum/molecular phenomenon, it is theoretically possible for the Flash to be able to fly just as other metas do, (and there have been other flying speedsters in the past, such as the deceased Johnny Quick,) because he can control his absolute molecular energy and direction and force it in the direction he wished to move without running.If they follow this line, probably Flash would be the fastest in the universe.
In Kingdom Come he was really badass.

juggernaut74
Nova is not as fast as Flash. Nova is a homo. The Flash can hit any speed he wants. But back to the race the Flash beat Superman everytime they raced whether it be in a comic or on TV. But in a fight Flash is dead.

norrin radd
no one said otherwise.

juggernaut74
Somebody must have deleted their post cause somebody did say Nova was faster.

K3VIL
?Flash is dead?It hasn't been proved that Flash cannot vibrate through Superman's force field, and then through his body causing him a massive shock, or he can perform the infinite mass punch, cause Superman would be moving at hyper-sonic speeds to catch and fight Flash.He can throw Superman objects at supespeed to make his busy, and then hit him with his best hit, or vibrate through him at ultraspeed, but onestly i think Kingdom Come Flash would be a greater challenge.

eleveninches
Well, flash can travel at the speed of light, but GL can travel across the universe in a matter of days (or less), which is greater than the speed of light.

Draco69
Flash loses to Superman in fight. Flash wins in a race.

Proof : http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htm

K3VIL
It's not stated if Superman get K.O to Flash's infinite mass punch or against Flash vibrating through his body

Draco69
Flash can only use his infinite mass punch on another speedster attached to the Speed Force. And no way would the Flash be able to vibrate through Superman's personal forcefield.

K3VIL
Draco you're wrong.Zoom from the Hyperclan wasn't linked to the Speed Force and the IMP works very well on him, so it can work on Superman moving at hyper speeds too.How can you say Flash cannot vibrate through Supes ff?

theflyxx
Flash is faster. It's been documented as somebody in a previous post noted.

ZephroCarnelian
I'm sorry, but the Flash is faster. He has to be, otherwise there's no point in him! Superman kicks ass - but if he was the best at everything, what's the point in having a Justice League?

Superman is outrageously good in every respect, but not infinitely powerful. Juggernaut is slightly more durable, Hulk is arguably stronger and The Flash is faster.

But to be honest, at the ridiculous speeds these guys move, the difference in time it takes them t get anywhere will be seconds, so does it matter lol?

nigel45
Well, Superman has powers above those of hundereds (if not thousands) of other heroes. Would you argue that they aren't neccessary?

eleveninches
flash is the fastest. At times, the old flash (barry) had been shown to go faster than light

vaya_the_elf
Flash of course

Mainstream
Flash...any Flash (their have been 3 "mainstream" DC comics flashes"wink the current and Best Flash Wally West can absorb speed and make Supes move in slower than he already moves...not that I'm saying Superman is Slow mind you..it that compared to Wally West Flash he is.

Lord-of-Dreams
also, it would be stupid for Flash to be slower. His whole power is speed. And Supes already has millions of different powers.

Neo_Version 7
I mean how unfair is that?!

Draco69
Zoom was a White Martian. He was going at least a 1/10 of lightspeed. And MM is nowhere near that fast. Also he had the same electric discharge that speedsters have that are connected to the Speed Force.

His forcefield prevents it. Only Krypotnite and very powerful attacks can breach it.

X-43D
Flash (Barry Allen) and Superman (1980s version) were both demonstrated to be superluminal (taychons), violating certain laws of physics, as we understand it today in the field of quantum mechanics.

Both had many other exaggerated abilities. From the 1940s through the early 1980s, Superman's powers were basically unlimited: he could travel millions of light-years in brief periods of time; he could dive into stars unharmed; he could travel through time by moving at speeds faster than light; and he could move planets and lift any weight. He could even vibrate his body so fast, the vibrations rendered him "invisible" to the human eye.

Wally West can vibrate through objects, but doing so causes them to explode. Any faster than light and he merges with the speed.

The problem with faster-than-light is that according to Einstein's theory of relativity the speed of light (299,792 km/sec) is the front velocity for transfering information. A rough explanation is that 'anything' that travels faster than light in a vacuum doesn't carry energy.

There are phenomena, where something - e.g. a wavefront - travels faster than light, but ANY information doesn't. Such phenomena exist and are compatible with relativity.

E.g, take a laser pointer and make a spot on the moon. Then turn your wrist to make a spot on the earth. It takes over a second for light to travel from the moon to the earth, yet I can move that little spot the same distance in far less than one second.

K3VIL
Wally says: I doubt he's linked to the field, it means to the field of the Speed Force.Not all speedsters are connected to the Speed Force.Superman isn't.Zoom wasn't.He was probably a martian that exceed the speed powers of the others cause he born with speed powers superiors to the other martians.

Draco69
This a nice theory, but it doesn't explain the same signature electric discharge that ALL Speed Force speedsters share.

X-43D
Superman and Flash (if they are from this dimension or universe) may be equally strong if they are faster than light. Their bodies should be made of sub-atomic particles called Tachyons.

eleveninches
Flash is the fastest MAN in the world.
Superman is not really a man. He's a kryptonian, not a human

X-43D
The only problem i have with Flash is that he is supposedly faster than light. Theoretically, if Flash can move FTL, then what is he (he obviously can't be made of real atoms)? Also if Flash is faster than light, why can't he fly (a body which travels faster than light must have imaginary or complex-valued mass and negative energy)?

This leads to paradoxes. What this comes to impy is that special relativity and causality do not exist in the world of comics, so basically everything can happen without a reason.

K3VIL
Zum wasn't linked to the field, he wasn't able to perform feats of speedster powers that show him linked to the SF.The speedsters linked to the Speed Force can sense the presence of those that are linked to it.
It's showed after the battle with Savitar, when Max Mercury's left eye is blinding and he says that Wally is coming but appears John Fox arrived from a far future where he took on the mantle of the Flash.
Also Zum electrical discharges maybe caused from his own martian powers.Superman is a speester, he can reach 1% of lightspeed or slightly more.But he doesn't has electrical discharges.Zum does, probably thanks to a genetic peculiarity he possess, it was stated he was weaker in terms of physical strenght and toughness than the other Martians, maybe he was genetically manipulated or born as a speedster, i don't know really.

DarthLazious
SuperMan in a heart beat.

Mainstream
Zoom...the new reverse flash is the only person who is faster than Wally West Flash. the guy who is the flash both in the comics and JLU cartoon I might add. Zoom is faster because he can "step outside of time" whatever the hell that means.

Max Spidey 24
Flash is the fastest man alive and last time i checked superman was not even human .

Faster than a speeding bullet, doesnt mean superman cant run faster than anything else, Flash is faster than Light so does this mean he cant run faster than a bullet since they only said light. Superman use to be faster than flash now flash is faster by like a half a second .

black_goku#1
yo max spidey! last time i checked light was the fastest thing known to us presently. a bullet is not even as fast as the sound it sends while being fired. how could the flash not be as fast as a damn speeding bullet? duhhhh.

flash hands down and i love superman. admit supes cant win evrything. dude supes would kill thor hulk would kill thor that link was crap how can silver surfer whoop that much ass right. rock devil

Mainstream
Zoom is faster than the Flash.....Zoom can step outside of time..what ever the hell that means...but yes Flash is waaaaaaaaaaaay faster than Supes.

Cooties
Flash.He is made for speed dude. Superman is a powerhouse. What does h need speed for if he is almost resistant to everthing.

pr1983
do you even know what the speed of light is?

current supes is nowhere near current flash speedwise...

no...

surfer would beat any of them, thor would beat superman, superman and hulk i don't know...

and i'm a superman fan...

ericadurancefan
superman has got his super speed but flash is a human lightning bolt
hands down:the flash(he beat him on smallville too)

dizzyblondegirl
yeah the Flash

TJEscobar
The Flash is the fastest good guy in DC. And the funny thing is that Wally West (present Flash) is nowhere near as fast as the second Flash (Barry Allen) who could run so fast he could travel through time. Barry Allen was so fast he ran on the cloud vapors. Wally is Allen's nephew by marriage.

Mainstream
Zoom is faster than Wally...Wally said so...but yes Wally is the fast good guy in this or any universe...I think.

Bardock42
the monorail

Hegemon875
Wow anyone who doesnt think Flash would win doesn't read comics regulalrly. Guys its an established fact in the DC universe that the Flash is the faster than superman and everyother hero. Pre Crisis flash ran through time and dimensions.

Hegemon875
Why do ppl think that just because youre a fan of the character youre against youre somehow more objective and right?

pr1983
i never said it did...

Nuke5000
hi

Nuke5000
flash is way faster. superman can go to hell.

Nuke5000
the flah

Nuke5000
the flash is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy faster

TraXtaRCR3
NO NO NO not another Flash vs someone thread .im tired of having to come up in these threads and prove my point. Ive done it like 5 times in the past week or so.

NO one , i mean no one . not super hero or being is faster than Flash.

Hegemon875
knows im right.

if you want proof (cause i really dont feel like getting into this again)
go look at any picture of Flash racing Superman. and i dont mean running to get somewhere together! i mean a real fullout race.
Flash is always drawn one step ahead!!!
(and this is not going through the Speed Force) Just Top speed!

if this still does not convince you i will come back and drop the reasons and backup why cause ive honestly done this about that many times in the past week!

Jonny_Storm
In one of the JLA comics superman has to outrun a zeta beam to rescue adam stranges' girl from a spaceship and asks Flash to give him his speed. He couldn't do it by himself. The flash is faster. Wally West isn't that fast in most of the comics but in Kingdom Come which is set later he has mastered his power and is drawn as a blur he is so fast and can see inter dimensionally

thibodo3
OK to end this argument. The Flash is faster than Superman. That is weather supes is flyin or running Flash is faster. just because he flies doesn't mean that he travels faster than the speed of light. If you read Flash 209 it tells you right there that they may have been equal in the past but not anymore now that flash has a direct connection to the Speed Force. He leaves Superman in the dust. Not only is he faster than him if he wanted to he could take what speed supes does have, and stop him in his tracks. Yes Superman is fast but as said before does not compete with the speed of light and more. The Flash is just that a Flash.

Redwolf
The Flash is faster, which is why he's called the fastest man alive. Impulse stated that Superman can reach 99% the speed of light. Wally West (Flash) can hit the speed of light and even beyond.

The Flash has the "Speed Force", that's what gives him his speed. Superman gets his speed from absorbing the rays of the yellow sun.

I guess if Superman took a sunbath and amped up his powers, he could be the Flash.

LastSonKrypton
Flash wins, he has won, Superman is fast But Flash is faster if only be a little bit.

GalacticStorm
apparently i read somewhere that Flash when running at full speed can create a vaccum sucking all the air out of an area if this is true at what exact speed does he need to be doing this and if so seeing that Superman is only a little slower than him can he do it

Mainstream
Flash

X-43D
Is the Flash really faster than light? If so, what is his body made of?

I mean he must draw on some extra-dimensional forces to do so. In fact this is not so sci fi anymore. Superstring theory may allow FTL communication. As a matter of fact, Cyclops does the same.

Flash should also be the smartest man alive because his physical and chemical processes (metabolism) occur even faster than electricity.

Mainstream
true....but still Flash is faster.

SithKiller
After seeing the smallville episode with the flash running faster backwards than supes forward I was suprised to see this thread hysterical

jrodslam
Superman is not even close to Flash's level of speed. At least not running. Flying hes a bit closer.

whirlysplat
Supes is not connected to the speedforce therefore like the white martian flash is nth x faster

X-43D
Flash can be in two or more places at once. He does this by drawing on extra-dimensional forces. Therefore Flash can split himself in two or more. His time there is not the same as the time in this dimension.

Mainstream
his name is Wally West he's the fastest man alive

Zod4Life
The Flash and Superman are 2 of my favorite superheroes but Flash is defiantely faster.Flash is the fastest man in the DC Universe and in the Marvel Universe.Besides,nobody is perfect and Superman was almost perfect.I'd like to see a movie that shows Superman and the Flash teaming up and the movie ends with them racing off into the sunset.I think that it could look something like when Clark and Bart Allen were running in the end of that Smallville episode Run.For Superman Returns I'd use some special effects similar to Smallville's.

XTOMB389
flash is a loser. he is one aspect of superman. superman is the best ever. he is super-man. flash is a man. superman is better. plus superman has better stories than the flash, and nobody really knows who the flash is anyway. he cant operate on his own. he needs other superheros to back him up. superman does not. superman flies solo. superman turned back time he was so fast. he can go as fast as he wants. plus he could kill flash so easily. he would like just shoot him with his laser beam eyes and slow the flash down. not that he needs to slow down any more. i hope everyone agrees that the flash is a second-rate comic book hero. almost no kids dress up as the flash for halloween. Superman is the best. Flash is Trash.

snoopdogg
Flash is the man when it comes to hauling @ss.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by XTOMB389
flash is a loser. he is one aspect of superman. superman is the best ever. he is super-man. flash is a man. superman is better. plus superman has better stories than the flash, and nobody really knows who the flash is anyway. he cant operate on his own. he needs other superheros to back him up. superman does not. superman flies solo. superman turned back time he was so fast. he can go as fast as he wants. plus he could kill flash so easily. he would like just shoot him with his laser beam eyes and slow the flash down. not that he needs to slow down any more. i hope everyone agrees that the flash is a second-rate comic book hero. almost no kids dress up as the flash for halloween. Superman is the best. Flash is Trash.

What the f**k?

((The_Anomaly))
I thought it was common knowledge that flash was faster then clark...

even if it is just by a little (when clark is flying of course. on foot flash rapes clark in speed)

Demas
Flash is unquestionably faster.

Google for:
ElrahPrime Flash Ultimate Respect Thread

The site is down, but the cache is working. It has TONS of scans displaying Flash at his fastest and most powerful.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Supes is not connected to the speedforce therefore like the white martian flash is nth x faster

True dat

Hegemon875
SIX PAGES LONG!! eek! Its a DCU fact - The flash is faster than superman..

Neo_Version 7
The Flash is the shit!

Ultimate Hulk43
The Flash is definitely faster than the Man of Steel.

NoFate007
The Flash

wolverine8888
yup

JediMasterLuke5
Superman and flash are about equal in speed, but flash is still faster.

Bicnarok

jrodslam
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Superman and flash are about equal in speed, but flash is still faster.

Superman isnt even close.

Zarathustra
When you're referring to The Flash I assume that's Wally West and not one of the earlier versions like Barry Allen. In that case, it's clearly stated that Wally is the faster of the two (FASTEST MAN ALIVE, remember?). He did win their one race which was engineered by Mr. Mxsp...Mxysplt... You know the guy.
For example, in one case The Flash was fighting a White Martian (who are all stated to have strength and speed on par with Superman), and what did he do to win? As he was chasing the Martian he sped up, passed him, went around the world, and then punched him (Having gained enough speed to take him out with one hit).
As for whoever brought up the friction point, that's interesting and all but doesn't apply at all for The Flash. If friction ever affected him, he would have burned to a crisp years ago. He can vibrate in such a manner that bullets go through him: friction from air can be dealt with. Superman cannot: if friction slows anyone down it's Superman. Anyway, the Flash has a connection to the speed source, an energy faster than light. Superman does not.

Oh, and by the way, Bicnarok: the earth's round and The Flash can run on water... how's he run out of ground to run on exactly?

JediMasterLuke5
Originally posted by jrodslam
Superman isnt even close.
Both move at greater then light speeds.

Blair Wind
speed force gives him a protecting aurora for friction and the such...also superman turning back time in the movies...thats just freakin BS....Superman can move almost to the speed of light, Flash can go beyond it...also to note in Identity Crisis, when Tim Drakes Dad was about to get mugged(killed) who did Robin and Batman tell oracle to call? no not superman...um...oh ya the flash. Now if your batman or Robin (the smartest people of the bunch usually) wouldnt you call for the fastest person? yep.....

JediMasterLuke5
Originally posted by Blair Wind
speed force gives him a protecting aurora for friction and the such...also superman turning back time in the movies...thats just freakin BS....Superman can move almost to the speed of light, Flash can go beyond it...also to note in Identity Crisis, when Tim Drakes Dad was about to get mugged(killed) who did Robin and Batman tell oracle to call? no not superman...um...oh ya the flash. Now if your batman or Robin (the smartest people of the bunch usually) wouldnt you call for the fastest person? yep.....
He went back in time in the comics.

Superman is near to the exact speed of the Flash. Flash is still faster though but not by much.

NoFate007
Superman has enough strength, give this to Flash. I think there's enough evidence to prove it, and even without that, c'mon. This is the reason why Superman is thought of as stupid sometimes, cause its like the kid who you had in your group when you were 5 that always made up more and more superpowers for themselves when you'd play. They'd just happen to have super speed...and strength...and x-ray vision.....and invincibility....and flight....and could shoot laser beams....and had superbreath....and could hear and see extremely well......and could mask their identity with a simple pair of glasses.....and had a forcefield...and weren't it....and had "I win factor"....and it was their house so that's their rules...

Flash.

Hegemon875

Hit_and_Miss
Superman is at best slightly more then lightspeed... Though CIS gives him warp and 8*LS due to bad scripting and plots...

Flash is quicker with speedforce....

Dr.Fate
precrisis superman is maybe faster or just a little bit less but now flash is way faster and in Kingdom Come Flash is so fast he can't communicate with people verbally any mofre and is every where at once fighting crime in different dimensions. So flash at max potential can just open a whole in space and slide between dimensions. Or if its a race to another planet just go back in time and hitch a ride with some other green lantern that will take him there before the race with the other green lantern has started. Then he can just travel forward in time to that planet and Green Lantern gets there and is like WHAT! Also the Spectre in Kingdom Come calls him the fastest man alive and thats all the proof you need

ZephroCarnelian
Agreed. Pre-C Supes has speed feats that put Flash to shame. From one end of the universe to the other in seconds? No problem.

Currently, he's now bound by the laws of physics and hence can't rip holes in space/time etc like he used to lol.

Give it time though... wink

Demas
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
He went back in time in the comics.

Not under his own power. If you're citing the stories with Supergirl/Daughter of Superman, there was a portal/gravity well involved in that.

Wally, on the other hand, can time travel on his own... even without the Cosmic Treadmill (something Barry needed to time travel).

In continunity, Wally is pretty much faster than Barry, and Pre-Crisis, everytime Barry and Superman raced it was a tie or a win for Flash. So even Pre-Crisis, Flash has been faster that PC Superman.

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by Demas
Not under his own power. If you're citing the stories with Supergirl/Daughter of Superman, there was a portal/gravity well involved in that.

Wally, on the other hand, can time travel on his own... even without the Cosmic Treadmill (something Barry needed to time travel).

In continunity, Wally is pretty much faster than Barry, and Pre-Crisis, everytime Barry and Superman raced it was a tie or a win for Flash. So even Pre-Crisis, Flash has been faster that PC Superman.

Only at running. Superman was XXXXXXXXXXX times faster when he flew.

And Pre-Crisis Supes time travelled under his own power all the time.

Post-Crisis didn't, however.

I think JediMasterLuke must simply be confusing the two. smile

jrodslam
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Agreed. Pre-C Supes has speed feats that put Flash to shame. From one end of the universe to the other in seconds? No problem.

Speed feats that put Flash to Shame? Maybe Jay or Barry.

From one end of the universe to the other in seconds? How about from the 20th century to the end of time in less than a minute. When Pre-C Supes, or any Supes does something like that, then holla.

No disrespect to Supes, but hes not even close. Flying, hes closer, but still gets left in the dust and Wally is home in time for cornflakes.

TMACalicious
Flash is faster than Supes I think.

There was a Smallville episode where there's a guest appearance by young Flash. Clark is left coughing in the dust of the Flash, and he wasn't even trying (Flash)!

carrotgl4z3
Flash Or Superman who is the Faster... They had the same Speed.. in terms of Running... In terms of flying vs running it would be Superman was the FAstest...

Hegemon875
Originally posted by carrotgl4z3
Flash Or Superman who is the Faster... They had the same Speed.. in terms of Running... In terms of flying vs running it would be Superman was the FAstest...

forum rules stipulate that unless otherwise stated we discuss the most recent incarnation of any character. Post crisis superman is slower than the flash FACT.

GODOFALL1
Flash is a punk.

GODOFALL1
Im gonna end this right now....You know who the fastest being in the universe is???? GOKU from DragonBallZ. You know why? He doesn't deal with running or flying or friction, etc. He has instant transmission. He can simply think about where he wants to go, and instantly is there. Much faster than some dork running on the ground, or some kryptonian with a fancy cape flying. BAM!!!

olympian
"superman passes numerous galaxies"

When was the last time he did that? This isent pre crisis....

And Flash is faster.

FistOfThe North
The Flash is faster but thats it. If the 2 had a race from Los Angeles, CA to Boston, Ma, the race would end in seconds and surely The Flash would take it, but Superman would show up at the finish line like 2-3 seconds afterwards.

Blair Wind
not true...superman would not be able to do that because of the shockwaves he would create....Flash can because the Speed force protects from such things...like friction, sonic booms, and the such, if it were just a race, supes would have to slow down to not destroy buildings and the such....

sapphiremouse
NOVA!!!! if im thinking right...hes like a 3rd rate wannabe hero. doesnt he fly? ......besides this a superman vs. flash. dont drift to other characters, plze. got other posts with Goku being thrown into the mix.

galanoth slayer
Well I think flash could beat superman leaving just one metre. Wats a speed force (confused ). Guys wat do u think about green lantern vs supes. GL can also go at the speed of light. Power ring is the most power full weapon in the universe. But still superman rocks. I'm gonna have to say the FLASH.

Soljer
The Flash is thousands of times faster than Superman.

Though, in a race around the world, you probably wouldn't really be able to tell the difference. The distance is just too short.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by galanoth slayer
Wats a speed force (confused ). The thing that gives the Flash his powers.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>