John Ritter died

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Another great has passed away too soon. The Associated Press reports that John Ritter, whose portrayal of the bumbling but lovable Jack Tripper helped make the madcap comedy series Three's Company a smash hit in the 1970s, has died of a heart problem, his publicist said Friday. He was only 54.

Ritter fell ill Thursday on the set of his ABC sitcom "8 Simple Rules ... For Dating My Teenage Daughter," said Susan Wilcox, his assistant of 22 years.

The cause of death was a dissection of the aorta, the result of an unrecognized flaw in his heart, said his publicist, Lisa Kasteler.

Ritter died at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday.

Ritter, a Southern California native who lived in Beverly Hills, came to prominence for his role in "Three's Company" and had appeared in more than 25 television movies and a number of films.

Ritter was to have turned 55 next Wednesday and his youngest daughter turned 5 the day of his death. The future of 8 Simple Rules is still undecided since 3 episodes of the second season have already been shot.

diegocala
He's not a "Problem Child" anymore sad

pablo007
Sucks doesn't it Diego ? 8 Simple Rules was hilarious and I know he is most well known for "Three's Company" but I have never seen an episode of that.

diegocala
I wonder what they are going to do with his demise on the show? they were well into filming the next season...

pablo007
I think it would be better if they cancelled it because I would hate to see a substitute, and I don't think it would be as cool if they say that Paul died because the funniest thing from that show was watching Kerry and Bridget arguing with Paul.

GroundedAgain
yea, it sux. it wasn't a really good two days for celebrites named john or something like it, was it??

pablo007
Yeah Johnny Cash.

LindsIsTightK
Awww he was on Buffy, he played a psycho robot who killed all his wives sad Its so sad that he died sad

pablo007
Hey Linds, you kinda look like his character's daughter on 8 Simple Rules.

KidRock
*moment of silence*......... and on with life...

GroundedAgain
meanie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KidRock
hey man thats the truth

GroundedAgain
not man-girl, i'm a girl,yup, that's what i am

Evanescence
I heard about that a few other places, too. seems like it's big news.

DeNiro
to bad i really really liked that show i cant belive that he just died i was like what r u serious i mean he looked so halthy and stuff so wow i cant belive that shit but i hope they just cancell the show cause it will be horrible with out him

pablo007
I feel the same way D.

DeNiro
u know who the best was on the show was rory i liked that kid alot he was funny as hell but john was just a plain out great guy cant belvie he is gone wow

pablo007
I liked it whenever his daughters had some conflict with him.

DeNiro
i think the best line like ever was when the red head was wating for a guy jason to call and rory was like oo kerry u know that guy jason that u have been waiting for him to call u and she is like yea yea and he goes yeah he didnt call lol

princess
i loved john ritter i cried for hours when he died

DemonicGambit
I heard about his death, I couldn't believe it. He was one of my favorite actors sad

princess
i know he was so great

pablo007
Funny as hell !

ChinaNiki
this is so sad sad I grew up watching Three's Company

I think they should cancel 8 Simple Rules and maybe make a memorial show highlighting all the acting and charity work he's done

princess
i know i miss him so much

skule
honestly very stunned about this, he was one of my favourite comedic actors.

princess
me to skule he was the best

LilMimister006
sad no

wicker_man
I remember him in The Problem Child Films and as the evil robot Ted Buchanan in Buffy the Vampire Slayer,he was such a talented actor that covered a variaty of roles.

princess
he was great in all da the stuff he ever was in

DemonicGambit
I think problem child was one of my favorites

diegocala
Yeah, Problem Child was great!

DeNiro
the first one was good then all the others sucked especilly the one about the three kids that were trying to get teh same girl as JR but ne way good actor his best shit was on 8 simple rules i think they should cancel the show and do what chinakniki said about the memorial show good idea

skule
yeah i think 8 simple rules should be cancled as well.

Celsius
poor guy sad I heard the news on ER. shocking

Rogue Jedi
did anyone see the movie where he and another guy are wearing glow in the dark condoms in a dark room? it looked light saber fight!!!!!

The True Fear
There's now way this can be right can it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.