Parisians suck!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mk1979
I dont mean to dis-respect anyone, but I just returned from Paris and I am fuming! I know that everyone knows that Parisians are rude but the way I was treated was just ridiculous! This coming from a New Yorker! Ok, I was in Paris for 3 weeks, in those three weeks, I was robbed(by Gypsee children), verbally attacked in the Metro by a crazy homeless woman, propositioned
by three hookers, it's beyond ridiculous, I will never return to Paris as long as I live. Oh, I know that this board is a UK board, and I must say that Londoners are angels compared to those Parisites! mad

freeq
I think you're opinion shows you're quite narrow minded. Parisians don't suck, FRENCH suck. laughing out loud

finti
just like EU sucks big grin

ratcat
But of course you would never get robbed in New York, verbally abused by the homeless in New York or proposition by a hooker in New York...

(And that's just Central Park!!!)

finti
well try Washington square.

Zereil
I am automatically obliged to disagree on the grounds my Girlfriend is French and lives in Maux Paris...

ratcat
But only for this wek right? laughing out loud

Zereil
I COULD be deeply offended by a comment like that...BUt being a friend an all I'll take that as an aside jokin comment...sort of smile

ratcat
Well, you made the topic about your high speed relationships, I thought it only reasonable to take the piss.

All in good fun though, never to offend. cool

finti
well Zereil you asked for comments like this by posting your story with multiple girlfriends over a "very" short spand of time smile

Zereil
DOnt worry honestly I'm not worried, your all friends of sorts and thats why I was willing to share this information with you. As said I never really plan for this sort of thing it just does happen and then I reflect. I'd love to meet and stick with the one perfect girl but I just have to wait and see...NO but thanks I'd rather get a friendly joke at my expense, its nice to no I have friends out in the wild blue yonder... groovy... big grin

freeq
I don't know. I mean, he was just being open to us. It just depends on how Zereil considers these high speed relationships himself. I myself would hardly call them girlfriends if they last only a few days, but maybe I'm just being old-fashioned.

Anyway, French girls are not the worst French. big grin

Zereil
Girlfriends are those who go out with me and then declare to me, my friends and their friends that I am their boyfriend... automatically that means they are my GF, generally most of the girls I have been out with have lasted longer, the longest being a year and 1/2 and strangely I've often known them for a while before that anyway... Its all swings and round abouts... I mean its fairly clear, I want the perfect partner, but I dont like being alone, so rather than touching water slowly I dive in till I find flaws then leave, As said eventually I meet the perfect partner.

The other reason why is obvious, and I learnt a lot from it and about it . groovy smile

freeq
That IS good. But let me teach you another little lesson: there is no such thing as the perfect partner, just as much as you will never be the perfect partner. If you want two beings to match up perfectly, go and build droids.

Zereil
hmmm...droids...nah, no when I say perfect I mean the closest too, I dont actually expect pure perfection of my ideals, Ask ush hes met a couple of the girls I've been with and I think he'll honestly tell you I am not judgemental and let a lot slide, It takes a lot to bother me with anything...

freeq
No, actually I don't, RC. I think that's a romantic ideal that can never be achieved. People are different, have different backgrounds, families, upbringings etc. The great challenge of a long lasting relationship is working on it, being grinded by each other's curiosities so in the end the two blend as one. I believe the latter is true, but it takes a lot of love and dedication to the other and less to the self. It's more hard work than fate, in which case one'd expect some kind of destiny to determine the quality of your relationship.

ratcat
But isn't that a different thing, whether you ever meet them or not?

They may be there but if you never meet them how will you know.

freeq
Look, it's just not as celestial as that. You meet people, you meet a girl you like, she likes you and then there comes the point that you decide to have a life together. If and when you, that's when it all starts. It's from that point on that you dedicate yourself to one another. It doesn't mean this person is MADE for you, or that you fit perfectly together. You both decide your care enough about each other that you commit yourself. To make it work doesn't require fate, neither does it take fate to meet. Some things do just happen, you know.

ratcat
You have od course noted that at no point did I say that I disagreed with you.

Did you know that sentences that start with the word "Look" are actually considered to be aggressive writing. Just thought I'd mention it...

Dim
Yeah, he does that when he's frustrated..

I recently read a study about how many 20somethings think that their supposed to find a perfect soulmate and how that ideaology is helping the divorce rate.

ratcat
I think the ideal is nice, but with 6 billion plus people in the world the liklihood is that you will never find them.

So, you go the route as queeq descibed, and yopu still get to live happily ever after!

freeq
Sorry, look, I was, look, not aware, look, that, look, "look", had that connotation. Look, I will, look, never do it, again. See! laughing out loud

ratcat
*Jumps around with glee...*

Whooohoooo, I ACTUALLY taught freeq something new. Do you think he'll remember when his transformation reverts?

Dim
Don't count on it.

ratcat
Not that it matters. He can always re-learn...

freeq
Remember what? big grin

ratcat
Oh nothing...

Pst! No one tell him. big grin

Ushgarak
Hey, *I* believe in soul mates, in a sense.

mechmoggy
I think I've found my soul mate because when I say something Mrs.MM always knows what I mean and the same goes for me with her. I can read the sub-text of everything she says perfectly and we often only have to look at each other to make each other laugh at something that has happened or been said. This could be mis-read as familiarisation but it's more than that, it's......deep, you know?

ratcat
This could turn into something big.

finti
Yeah, war with France evil face

Dim
OH there's nothing wrong with the French..you people are just jealous..

*runs and hides*

freeq
Now there's a woman who's obviously never been to France. laughing out loud

Dim
And there's a man who was obviously scorned by a pretty French girl laughing out loud J/K

Ushgarak
This thread was real nice not very long ago...

freeq
Yes, it went on for far too long being nice. evil face

But no, no French girl ever scorned me.

Ushgarak
Did you ever give one the chance?

freeq
No, I think my now-wife beat them to it. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Ah, pity the poor French girls...

freeq
Yes. And now they're all stuck with those horrible French guys. big grin

ratcat
So freeq, you don't believe that everyone has a perfect match out their somewhere, even if they never meet them?

finti
suits them. big grin

ratcat
And you know soooooooo many french people, Miss "Never been out of her country!" laughing out loud

freeq
What I said... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
Well I would think you would have to spend some amount of time there and meet *ahem* a few more people to make an accurate judgement. Could all have been just a bad coincidence. Like Dim's day at the laundry room.

ratcat
And we all remember how that ended up... embarrasment laughing out loud embarrasment

freeq
No. Do tell.

Actually, Gundy, I did. Lots of times, that when I started to dislike them. big grin

ratcat
Well, let's not bring THAT up again, it would be . . . . ungentlemanly. smile

freeq
I lost my excellent sense of gentlemanness ever since Edna turned me into a freeq.

ratcat
Well, that must be the one I found.

freeq
You don't seem to handle it very well. big grin

ratcat
Takes time to adjust to fit.
http://www.contrabandent.com/pez/otn/blobs/0000007.gif

freeq
Can't blame you. It does require panache. laughing out loud

ratcat
What's that then?

freeq
See! laughing out loud

ratcat
Ahhh, I see. confused

queeq
Try the dictionary.

ratcat
Will that help, is panache another word for dictionary then?

queeq
uuhhhm.... for you it is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ratcat
Well, I have a dictinary so does that mean I have panache?

freeq
No, it means you have the possibility to grasp the concept of panache.

ratcat
Oh, gotcha.

*Scratches head...* confused

freeq
Scratching your head is no sign of panache.

ratcat
Guess the dictionaru didn't help then.

queeq
Try NOT sitting on it.

Gundark
(scratches Paris off vacation list) Anybody ever been to Transylvania ?

queeq
Yes, last time I checked on Vlad.

Pikachu
But he was just a pain in the neck? Am I right, I'm right aren't I?

queeq
To some yes, but he would never do that to his... MASTER. evil face

ratcat
His master? You?

So, does God sit on your right hand or your left?

queeq
That's a little profane. I have no delusions of grandeur, mind you.

Gundark
(books flight to Transylvania) Ah, I need to get some re-decorating hints for the lab anyway.

ratcat
But it is one of those areas where your point of view would determine whether it is profane or not.

Though your point is seen, my appologies if I did offend, but you take may point?

freeq
Aaaahhhh, a relaxing holiday in the Carpatian mountains with my favourite girlie, Gundy. big grin

ratcat
Somehow I believe that Tommy would kick your a$$!

queeq
Obviously you never met Tommy. laughing out loud

ratcat
No, to pretend that I had would be very sad indeed. laughing out loud

queeq
For you, yes! laughing out loud

ratcat
Hence I would make no claim. I would just get on a plane and go say hi!

In fact, I have a week off this week, got room for a house guess Gundy? laughing out loud

queeq
Bet your wife will love the black eye that you bring back from the States. laughing out loud

ratcat
Why would that happen, I'd be going to say hi, you forget, I'ma happily married man.

Besides, who said I'd leave my wife behind. roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Gundy would slap you, no matter what. laughing out loud

ratcat
Well Gundy, that isn't a very nice attitude I must say.

Gundark
Hello, I haven't been here for two days and now I have an attitude ? And who is always telling ME not to listen to queeq's felgercarb, eh, RC ? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black !

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Unfortunately, won't have a spare bedroom until the patio room is done. And Tommy gets kind of cranky about extra people in our bed.

queeq
Yes, he already got pretty cranky when he had to sleep out side last weekend. laughing out loud

ratcat
Sorry Gundy, but I do clearly remember you saying that queeq speaks for you all the time.

I suggest you take it up with him... smile

queeq
Hello? RC? I'm right here.

ratcat
I know. roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
I thought you'd be happy.

ratcat
I'm always happy...

queeq
How good of you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.