Someone Answer This

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stinkfist462
in m1 didnt smith say that the first matrix was perfect? and if it was perfect why was it demolished and why did they need a the one.
my other question is how did smith know about that?

bjn74
The first one was perfect and the humans couldnt handle it. Entire crops were lost. It was too perfect. He knew,,probably because he has the entire history of the world in his programming.. He knows about the dinosaurs,,thats about it.

stinkfist462
ok but why scrap a perfect design? who cares bout crops lol.... oh yeah machines run the shyt

stinkfist462
and how did smith know about the other matrixes?

JediHDM
thats why i think that the real world, which includes ZION, is the first MATRIX, kept, although destroyed, in order to have more control over the "freer" humans....

stinkfist462
i think the "Real world" is a matrix... and the matrix as jus a program...

JediHDM
thats what i just said...

stinkfist462
zion is 01 but in the machines matrix.. thus a matrix inside the matrix.

JediHDM
WHAT?! What machines matrix?

stinkfist462
like the machines are in thier own matrix but as humans... and like the humans are running the show... but the REAL humans matrix is where they control the machines so like in my terms its vice versa.... humans attacking 01 and machines in 01/zion getting attacked.....

stinkfist462
these are jus my theories

icon
ughhhhh. reading these last few posts is making my head hurt and my stomach turn. time to watch the "enemy" trailer.

"I'm not so bad, once you get to know me"

HooT
The first matrxi was perfect...as close as we can get to heaven...But its not in our nature and we rejected it. This is another shot at religion showing what we want the most is not possible its a fairy tale.

nickysan
humans are not perfect so they cant be in a perfect world. if WE where perfect than this world would be too, you see.... now math is what a program is SO the architect rewrote the matrix so that 1+1=3 its not correct therefor not perfect. but some things need to be correct os some times 1+1 IS 2 and thats what the anamolys are spawned from the "remander of a mathmatial harmony" as the architect put it.

Sifer
There was no ONE in the first matrix. The humans didn't have a choice so therefore the anomaly didn't accumulate.

Vim
Humans define their lives through misery and suffering. So the matrix was redesigned to this. The height of your civilization. I wonder what happened, when the humans began waking up from the perfect world, what did the machines do, while redesigning this other matrix... ?

The Omega

rysdigital
$ls
src core matrix README

$./matrix -v
Matrix Version 1.0

i'm thinking matrix v1 segfaulted and was abandoned.

$cd .. ; ls
matrix-v1 matrix-v1.5 matrix-v2 matrix-v3-BETA

$cd matrix-v2 ; ls
src matrix README

$ps -a | grep matrix
84 tty4 43204320:20 matrix

$kill -s kill 84 ; touch neo_was_here

nevermind stick out tongue

SpikeSpiegel
??? ok... ???

JediHDM
Very well said, Sifer, Omega...*applause*

Teunis
Omega> Does this go back to:

Humans have infinite thought (evolution), where as programs do not, their limited?

JediHDM
Humans are not capable of infinite thought, however, we are able to make decisions based on conflicting or otherwise erroneous information, which makes us above machines...

Renegade Punk
Is JediHDM a physcologist/neurologist as you seem to know a lot about the human mind/brain...............?

Korri
nah i think he is just smart

Renegade Punk
I think a lot of people are reading into things too much......CHILL OUT a bit, have a spliff or sumfin...... know what i mean?

Korri
Llaughing out loudL

JediHDM
Nah, i'm just a head-case, so i know alot about it...

rysdigital
agreed.

The Omega

rysdigital
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_medical/story.jsp?story=443276

Renegade Punk
interesting news clipping there rysdigital, anyone read stephen hawkins universe in a nutshell ? he has some good theories on our evolution (even the great man is influenced by the matrix films!)

joeboy
Fuzzy logic

tshirt
So true.
In h t t p://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.c../larryandandychat.html
The following is listed:

calla: What do the time 9:18 and the date 9/18 signify? Is this a personal reference?

WachowskiBros: That's my wife's birthday.

How many other types of personal references, inside jokes, favors for a friend or cast member do you think is in the movie? My point is that just because there is a name, number or something else of that nature in the movie, it does not mean it has some deeper meaning. Perhaps it is just someone's birthday. Or, like many of the street names, simply come from the city (Chicago) that they grew up in.

Over analyzing the movie is going to do you no good.

JediHDM
...but underanalyzing it will BRING no good...

Sifer
Do you really think they would tell you what it meant? Yes it may just be their wifes birthday BUT it has some significance to time within the Matrix and is definately a piece of the puzzle.

The Omega

Ushgarak
I think it is futile to speculate on what the limits of the machines AI is when we have absolutely no idea of how their AI works. They may be capable of everything a human mind is, less so, more so, we don't KNOW. There are no facts there.

JediHDM
I think the tie-knots symbolizes the Architects perfection, while trying to achieve in an imperfect world...JJ big grin

SimplePriest
Omega> Wow, you are the greatest. Well said.

Tshirt> Yeah, you know you really may be right in some ways. We do analyze this movie A LOT. I don't think anyone here will disagree with that. But Too much? Well, maybe not. (where is my soapbox)

Any true fan of anything... and Tshirt>
Let's pick some random thing like the time on the clock in the movie. If a fan finds that to be interesting, or important in some way, and they can find something neat about it from there then they Did do themselves some good. They Thought. That's always a good thing. To choose not to think is often a bad thing. But yes, I concede that the time may simply be his wife's birthday (in fact we wished her a happy b-day on another thread) BUT if you, me, or anyone can find something else out of it then we are doing two great things: questioning all the different things presented to us, and keeping our minds open to there being More than what's on the surface. (Priest descends from the soapbox, and once again becomes his humble counter part, Simple) smile

So in summary: If it stimulates thought, provokes conversation, and challenges your mind then it Definitely is meaningful -- Because it made you Think! (never stop thinking) So, all these things that we talk about become profound, because WE make them profound. And, btw, part of being a fan is picking apart the thing you enjoy and talking with others who enjoy it too. Ok, the horse is dead, so I will stop beating it. (puts the stick down)

Lastly, I always have to think WWALD (What Would Andy and Larry Do). I imagine they would be happy that we could find something significant out of the Architect's tie-knot. If we do Great! We got something out of it! They would be happy that someone's mind was moved in some kinda way. It may not even be what they intended, but it was Something. I believe most real artists feel this way -- and I would definitely consider these guys to be real. They are happy when someone finds their work profound or moving.
So... Keep thinking! Never let your mind stop moving. Find something you can love (like this movie for us). And always (over)analyze. wink

JediHDM or Omega> Thoughts? Additions, subtractions, comments...

SimplePriest
And just so no one takes me too seriously (hee hee, cuz I like to keep people guessing) I shall post my favorite lil' pic

The dancing banana:
Happy Dance

oh look at him go! He's havin' so much fun.

JediHDM
Here, Here!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
Very Nice, SimplePriest, very nice...

Sifer
I guess it is also coincidence that they wear the same suit jacket (Smith and Thomas Anderson) in the first film. Brown (Yes it is originally brown but looks green due to the tint) with a golden lining smile It all means something Tshirt - what it means is why we are here smile

tshirt
Simple, et. al.> I am glad that many of you over analyze the movie. It has brought out many things which I didn't see or understand before. It is just that sometimes, after analyzing a point or reference it may be healthy to step back and see if the analysis is really going anywhere. And to consider that in some cases, there may be no underlying message or meaning to a specific object. (Agent Smith's Shoelace's for example.)

Additionally, many of the references have more than one meaning. Neo is a great example of that. Does his name reference New, One, Eon, Noah or something else? The answer in many cases is that there is more than one answer.

The true beauty of these movies is that they don't have simple answers. Instead of being able to label everyone good or bad and determine right from wrong, the movie produces a lot of grey areas. The Oracle, is she helping Neo or just using him as a pawn?

And for the record, I love the banana. Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

h t t p ://www.ebaumsworld.c../peanutbutter.shtml

JediHDM
EVERYONE UNITED FOR BANANAS...
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance confused Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

...Well, most everyone...

Sifer
LMFAO

joeboy
Maybe it's a scifi version of identity. Ihope not, wouldn't that be a let down. Iteresting to note, there is a blind guy at the entrance when neo first meet the oricle.

Also the why the gaurd when he meets the oricle the 2nd time. A gaurd that has met neo b4.

JediHDM
could you say that again, cause i didnt understand that...

joeboy
the movie identity, the htel with all have same birthday or the fact that neo has met the gaurd at the enterance to the oricle.

He was checking to see if that was truly neo. To know that he must have faught neo at one time.
And that's how neo will know people that are realy smith. you never know someone till you fight them

joeboy
3x6=18
3squared = 9
just stretchin with #'s
so many biblical ref.

JediHDM
When you are refering to #'s in the movie, refer to them, dont just say them, i dont know where you got these numbers from, except for the book of Revelation... And i still dont know what you are saying...Are you saying that the Blind guy at the first floor of the Oracle's knows Neo, because he nods as they enter? If you are, you are mistaken, because the guy nods to Morpheus, because he probably knows that they are going to be there at that moment, and also because he knows Morpheus, who has been there before.

SimplePriest
How'd we even get on the subject of numbers? confused

JediHDM
who knows...joeboy?

The Omega

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.