Sad Story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
There was once a little girl called Lucia and she had a father that lover her deeply, they had the best father daughter relationship there could ever be. There was one when the little girl said to her father: Dad when I turn 15 you have to give me a big presents because that's when I stop being a small girl. And the father agreed and as time went by until the girl turned 13 she developed a heart disease and needed a transplant. Her blood type was very hard to find, only 15% of the world's population shared it. However they told the girl they had find a match and she was going under surgery. When she woke up she find a letter by her side, she opened it and it said:

"Dear Lucia, I love you very much and you are still very young. I'm going to give you your 15th birthday present two years earlier since it's practically impossible to find a heart that matches your body. I hope you understand why I gave you my heart and please take care of your brothers, sisters and your mother. And always remember how much love I have for you and how much I would want the both of us to be together."

THE END

silver_tears
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/cry.gif
*hugs all around*

Fire
That's the deep but any normal parent would do that for its child

julibug
but i thought heart donors were people who were going to die anyway. would they allow someone who would not otherwise be dying to do that?

silver_tears
its a parent of the child so i think theyre allowed sad

julibug
hmmm. i know i would give anything for my son. just somehow didn't think it was legal to do that.

Fire
I dunno about american laws but I think it is almost forbidden in Belgium
tho with a really good defence lawyer you might be able not to get sued for it. Altho it won't matter much since they'll never undo the operation anyway

CandyKoRn
That is very sad... sad

good story, though smile

Crash_Overload
Hum... reminds me of the Case where there was a son about to be exicuted, but his father needed a heart transplant, for some reason they wouldn't allow the about to get killed son to donate his heart to the father. And this was in the states.

CandyKoRn
only place I know of executions..

Crash_Overload
TEXAS!!! Am I glad to be Canadian. But they should bring Up Capital Punishment in every Country. It is My Solution for world over population decreasment... Instal Capital Punishment, for.. get this... Parking Violations.

CandyKoRn
I don't think you'd agree with it, when you're the on on the other end..

US= Hipocracy.....

pablo007
The maximum penalty here is 40 years, sadly...

julibug
maximum penalty for whom? the donor? he's already dead. the recepient? oh, the medical staff who performed the switch?

pablo007
No, for criminals I mean. You can kill thousands of people and you'll do 40 years in jail, that's max. People want a life sentence or death penalty here.

Crash_Overload
Canada, Life Sentence is 99 years. At least last I herd.

julibug
ahhh. gotcha. well, i don't have much advice. our criminal justice system is all screwed up in the states. even things that probably started out as a good idea are all messed up now.

Crash_Overload
Like The Star Wars Project thingy? I found that kinda cool. Big wast of tax payer money, but cool. I am thinking WW1 / Drednaughts

julibug
there are a lot of wastes of tax payer money. i still like it here, though. don't have any plans of moving out of the states or anything. stick out tongue

nazgulinthedark
in texas they make people walk aroud carrying signs that say like " ikilled 2 people driving drunk" ect.

Neo_Version 7
uhhhh.....

BTW, it was a good story and all, but he killed himself 2 get his daughter a heart and all. I don't know.....

DeNiro
wow think what it must have felt like to be the daughter of the father who gave his heart up i bet she couldnt stop crying to know that her father took his own life to give her life but still ne parent would do that and i would do that in a second for my parents i dont think they would except a heart because you know they want me to live but a kidney a lung or what ever u can take i wouuld give it up for em

Treehuggerjanie
that story nearly makes me cry.i would feel so guilty if i was that girl knowing that my dad died for me!jeez,im glad that werent me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.