Crazy REDNECKS in horror movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Striel
Something about crazy hillbilly rednecks in horror movies is creepy. I don't know what it is, maybe it's because I live in the country. Not that I've ever seen anyone like the way they portray country folk in these movies... anyways, my question is:

What are some of your favorite movies or characters involving crazy redneck hillbillies? I think the most demented movie scene involving rednecks is the rape scene in Deliverance. Of course there are tons of horror movies involving country folk, so what are some you like?

I watched a really REALLY bad movie a couple days ago called "Junior". Have you seen it? It's AWFUL. It's about 2 women that get out of jail and randomly decide to move to the country. When they get there, the sheriff warns them to get out, that they don't like their kind there. Keep in mind the women look like prostitutes, and it isn't long before they use random reasons for nudity. The women buy a run down house on a river/lake and decide to fix it up and one will sell sandwiches while the other one will fix boat motors. That first night they stay there and a bunch of rowdy folks wake them up with a party outside. The girls go out and tell them to leave, but of course they tell the girls to go away, they don't belong there...blah blah blah.

Junior is one of the redneck men who doesn't like the girls and decides he wants them out. It shows him talking to his mother on occation, she looks like a man dressed in drag with makeup on.

The movie is basically about all these redneck men trying to run these two so called hot women out of town. The women end up having to kill all these people to stay alive, while Junior keeps killing thier only friends. Yeah, that sounds REALLY realistic, doesn't it?

So have you seen it?
I also rented a movie called "A Crack in the Floor". It's a new release, but was straight to video. It's not too great, very predictable. Have you seen it?

Cowboyography
Redneck Zombies
Lowest budgeted movie ever!!!!

Striel
Redneck Zombies??? LMAO! I didn't know there WAS such a movie...

pablo007
the redneck in Evil Dead II was kinda creepy when he threatened Ash and Annie with the shotgun.

BackFire349
Deliverence has teh best rednecks.

Espantada20
What's a crack in the Floor about?Deliverance a redneck,hillbilly cousin humping classic.

Striel
A Crack in the Floor is about a group of twenty-somethings going into the woods for a camping trip. The run into a couple nutty hillbillies on their way... then they start to die one by one. It's one of those movies with an annoyingly frustrating ending.

chico23
Would you count the guys in I Spit on Your Grave as rednecks? If so, they were pretty creepy.

slayer
I have 2 agree with many the Rednecks in Deliverence where the best.

Espantada20
Rednecks in general are scary.I tend to stay far far far far far far away from their neck of the woods which is probably across the country from where I live which is a very comfortable space between.

chico
Yeah you wouldn't want to come to my neck of the woods (KY)YYEEEEHHHAAAWWW!!! *banjo play*

Tired Hiker
I dug the rednecks in House of 1000 Corpses. The ones in Deliverance are a breed of their own, along with Zed from Pulp Fiction, but the rednecks in Corpses were likable and funny, like good warm friends.

DemonicGambit
....I wouldn't consider them warm an' friendly TH. But I think the rednecks in Delieverence were pretty creppy

Tired Hiker
yeah, the deliverance rednecks were definatley not warm and friendly. That's why I don't like them.

tabby999
all the family in TCM are hillbillys, how screwwed are those guys?

BackFire
Hills have eyes have awesome rednecks.

ragesRemorse
yes, the hills have eyes deffaintly have some demented canibalistic rednecks

Cowboyography
have you guys ever seen Redneck Zombies? Netflix has it.
This guy is transporting toxic waste in his jeep and he hits a bump and the can goes flying out, of course he doesnt notice (its the only can in the jeep). Anyway three necks and pa find it. And they are responsible for all the Swill the nearby townfolk drink. So they decide to try a special batch with there new found canister. After a hardcore trip, They become Zombies, and of course they already sent there Swill to market!!! its a great Flick!!

SaTsuJiN
I wanted to see Deliverance, my mom said that "wrong turn" copied alot of what made Deliverance so good...so I wanna see it big grin

Cowboyography
LOL, Deliverance is alot, and in a good way, alot different thanwrong turn. Although I wouldnt mind seeing what they did to Ned done to any of those chikys in Wrong turn, Seeing as how there wasnt any TandA with three hotties! Dileverance is a Gritty, hardcore, and sick movie (I thought it was awsome) very well made. Burt does great. I listen to the soundtrack all day

SaTsuJiN
well I didnt mean it took the goodness from deliverance literally, but it relied on the same idea for its story and backbone

Cowboyography
got ya. I really didnt like wrong turn. And i really did like Deliverance.

ragesRemorse
Redneck Zombies is SO HORRIBLE. It is so bad it is apart of my horror collection. LOL. Someone said that is the lowest budget horror movie ever. Well aside of within the woods. I would totally agree. Im guessing the budget was around ten dollars and some change

Cowboyography
it was me that said it was the lowest budget movie ever, I cant back that up, However I dont see where they could have spent more than $10-$20 bucks. However it made me laugh to beat the band so i cant complain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.